TOOT YOUR HORN THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: TOOT YOUR HORN THURSDAY

Postby Lilac » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:28 pm

HAPPY 60th ANNIVERSARY DEE & DH!

Dm is coming Saturday for dggsBabyK's first birthday party. He won't be 1 until August 3 but his daddy's sister is getting married on the 4th, so dgd22 decided to have the party a week early. Dm will be here until Tuesday. I need to clean house and my get up and go, is out of order.

I don't think I have mentioned it but BabyK's mommy is starting nursing school in August. She was very lucky to get in, because she wouldn't apply until she had all her prerequisites finished. So she applied in May and there was opening for her.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:30 pm

when I ordered groceries the other I wanted 2 thai type red chile peppers - the gave me a whole pound! I had to cut in 1/2, deseed and wash all those peppers - my goodness I should have had a gas mask! :shock: :lol: but they are ready for the freezer - the inside of my nose hurts! tmi but I don't know how people could work in a restaurant with hot peppers.

I am trying to follow someones advice to double or triple a recipe so that I can have multiple meals in the freezer. I hope it makes less work for me in the future. Salads are different but a main meal should be okay. I made vegetarian enchiladas with corn tortillas (beans/poblanos etc.) and that did not freeze well. goopy.

D Cathy - wanted to say hello!

dd younger is feeling better - what a blessing. she has been stuck in bed for 7 days (today would have been 8) and today after waking a bit said she was going to take her car and get some juice. She said she was desperate to get out of the house. No more dark under her eyes and not pale any more. Yay.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:33 pm

d lilac - hello!!! d nancy hello!!!

d lilac - so exciting re: little ones first birthday party! I am so happy for your dgd starting nursing school - wonderful for her!

d nancy - yay on your donations
yay on your pantry work!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:40 pm

okay I made dinner (well two meals from same recipe) - now to clean up :shock: :roll:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:58 pm

BabyK is turning 1 year old already???? WOW! Time goes by so fast. Happy Birthday wishes to BabyK!

A lot has changed since I had a baby.

Sadie - so true! Sometimes I find myself comparing the difference when I was raising childing in 1970's and now. Lots of changes have happened in the last 40+ years. But something that hasn't changed is how much time it takes to feed/burp/change/snuggle those little babies. My thoughts are with you as you are juggling so many demands.

I am greatly relieved to have my talk over with. It ended up lasting 1.5 hours. My talk only lasted about 20 minutes and the rest of the time was spent fielding questions and receiving input. I learned so much from this group.

I need a break. I am an introvert so it takes a lot out of me to be the center of attention. It feels like I gave all my energy away.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:07 pm

congratulations d lady on your talk!!!

I am an introvert as well (people think I am outgoing but I am truly an introvert)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:09 pm

counters and stove are clean, dw washing dishes. I have a few things in the sink.
now for vacuuming the kitchen floor and then rinsing it.
I wanted to work outside today but my day got away from me.
blanket is in wash
I haven't finished my routines.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:15 pm

LadyM, happy for you. I would require a nap!

people think I am outgoing but I am truly an introvert

I think this is often the way - it certainly is for me. Just because something is not good for us doesn't mean we might not be good at it. That's true in any area. I am reading a book now I might mention, if I continue to find it as helpful on this subject.

Lilac, best wishes to your dgd pursuing a valued profession! My ddil finds nursing very rewarding but demanding. She is happier now working for a physician's office rather than hospital, although the money is less, and it took a while to find the opportunity.

We will have a mini-party here this evening for dgs. I have just wrapped a present. Picked up a mini-cake and silly card earlier during errand day. Also got the bank trip out of the way.

Now sitting with my smoothie. Using up some produce caught before it is overripe.

Next up, housework to get ready. Strangely, we already had unexpected visitors today who are less "like family" and more like company. That's the way it always is. I plan my housework around a known moment and realize if I'd had a crystal ball I'd have done it at another time.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:44 pm

I have the pantry decluttered yea, now to deal with the stuff we are not keeping.

H. Is home, dson called had a nice chat with him.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:25 pm

howdy - d mom stopped by. we ate dinner. hitting a tired spot. I think I forgot my meds this morning.
I did vacuum and rinse the kitchen floor
watered out in front.
before I get too tired - empty dw
refill from sink
pull brats from freezer for tomorrow
(I have vegan sausage - I will see how they are for me.)

other that I have to force myself to do:
- take folded laundry and do a put away
-fold sheets from dryer and put away
-put blanket in dryer
-put towels in washer
-list spending
-if I have time walk on treadmill 15 minutes

Return to “Post When You Can”