FANTASTIC 'FINAL' FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: FANTASTIC 'FINAL' FRIDAY

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:44 am

Hi everyone

Ramblin' are you yourself back to feeling well?

Art AND thrift store finds? That's too good to pass up, LadyM.

It's not even me who enjoys some of the art and creativity I glance at online, it's dd, but I can still get lost in it.

I'm on a 27-decision kick this morning. Now arrived at LR for the next 27. I need the variety of different methods/strategies/tricks. (tricks to get me to do it) *

HRH bringing old work friend home here after lunch, so it would be nice to be 27 decisions closer to a nice looking LR.

* Speaking of which, ya'll want to schedule Chore Bingo one day next week? I do well at that if I know it's coming. When I'm surprised with it, not so much. :oops:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:08 pm

i would love CHORE bingo - how fun d harriet! have a great day!

hi d rose! hope your d friend feels better! I love classroom set up! Yay on your keep on (swimming) moving! waving to you too!

hi d Nancy! BWTG on all that you do! hope it cools outside for you! cheering you on!

good morning d twins! sending you focus! no you shouldn't feel bad - as a mom we tend to feel that way. Sometimes we just can't and it is okay! Hope your d dog feels better.
You have got this - do only one thing at a time. my problem is getting started on that one thing :lol:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Would love a chore bingo sometime, Harriet. I sometimes use it here for all those small jobs lined up. Works best when I have my list numbered and ready to go.

I think I have worked my way through that first round of jobs here, albeit distracted along the way. I had to be the "decider" (which I hate) with regard to tomorrow's activities with dcousins. We're going to meet at an IHOP blocks from assisted living, and not try to have lunch with dmom or take her out. Dcousin J and her dd will meet us for lunch but not go see dmom afterwards, I will take dcousin J (aka favorite girl cousin) to see mother next week with just the two of us. DD might meet us also.

Drealtor has both called, texted AND emailed that dmom's house has two showings today - was finally listed yesterday - and may have two offers. :shock: That leaves me both excited and a little melancholy.

I am heading out on errands next - dcleaning lady is still working her magic. I decided on meat loaf tonight - I think we're all sick of grilled chicken or steak to be honest. I'll roast some potatoes in the oven also. Hope the a/c can keep up. AS long as I was distracted I went ahead and ordered more of my Whey protein for drinks. I wonder if I forgot to put it in this morning's smoothie as I don't remember that mental reminder "Need to order" but I had written it down the other day.

I also need a trip to downtown library in search of a couple of obits. These are gratis for an online acquaintance. Hopefully I can get them next week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:19 pm

alrighty:
I took the 10 pounds of blueberries and freezing most on trays, kept some in the fridge (washed) and made one blueberry pie filling for the future. (it's in the oven - for oatmeal, little tarts, etc.)
dw is on again! :shock: :D

feeling guilty of course (but can't do anything about it) I know d mom wants to go out together - waiting for doctor to call. One of d dogs (highly intelligent) is really mopey and sad looking with dd sick) She is bored.
i hope dd younger doesn't get fired (I wouldn't tell her that) for being off all week because of the migraine. I am going to take her for a short drive to the country side. It's right next to us. (it's not really country like we lived in before but more like large estates). the land is pretty. It's like driving down Sheridan road in Wilmette, Glencoe, Winnetka, Kenilworth, Highland park and Evanston. I love driving down that road and look at the mansions on the lake. I thought just getting her out of the house for 15 minutes will be good for both of us. (lol - definitely not our house lol)

next
list spending
vacuum kitchen floor
rinse floor
fold towels and throw the whites in the dryer.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:26 pm

vacuumed surface of kitchen and dining room, dust mopped, surface rinse walking areas (dogs are really shedding). :D
blueberry pie filling cooling and now put away :D
lunch eaten

next straight family room where dd younger is :D
and vacuum and quick rinse :D
vacuum laundry area
quick rinse
(dogs!!!)

spending listed :D

Hitting a wall - I want out! 8-)

I don't want to but will put laundry away
dd is up and walking around yay

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Final Friday. Yep. I would be working on end of month stuff but the past couple days I got slammed with other stuff and it was hard to make progress when I wasn't feeling well. Today I am a-ok finally and what a relief that is.

Hmmm thinking that those of you who have family that take up too much of your time...consider what your feeling would be if they no longer cared to be in touch with you or came around. I've been at both extremes. I much prefer when they take up my time.

Ok, I need to go eat, don't think I've done that yet. My bone dr. apt. was today. AGAIN I figured it was yesterday and I got up and dressed and fortunately this time looked at the calendar first before going out. I hate that I keep getting my appointments mixed up. I guess I get confused when their offices call 2 days ahead with the reminder...instead of 1 like they used to.

Dr. says I don't need to come back again. Last xray taken. Healing fine. Some of the pain is from arthritis which is aggravated from the injury. I'm allowed to use it again, but I'll be a little careful because it does still hurt a bit.

Big stack of papers gone through and some copied and explanation written... all ready to go to our customer who wanted to know "where he was" with the bank draws, etc. so maybe when he reads all this he'll put the brakes on his spending a bit. We are trying to hold the line but its hard.

So I'm left with 1 LOL to fold up and 1 stack of papers all sorted to handle. I may take a break and try to get a second wind.

I would love a chore bingo, if I knew a little ahead. Remember the day when DD laughed when she saw my bowl of little numbers. She is BO. :roll:

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Hello dear ladies

Lunch time again here.

A friend of ours came by and helped DH with weed eating. She brought her 3 daughters (ages 9,6,5)with her and they played with the babies and I was able to get the dishes done and Dbrother fed. Both of us are so grateful for the help.

One of the dogs got sick inside his crate last night so had to deal with that too.

Shower is up next and then off to work. My hours at work have been reduced but I’m not complaining because there is so much to do at home.

Great day to all!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:17 pm

I have been doing 3 chore bingo three things on my list each round. I got quite a bit accomplished this morning, three things are outside to be loaded, bulkier items a bit big into go in the car, plus I made up more deviled eggs, and noodles for pasta salads for lunches.

I need to pay attn. To laundry in a bit when h is off and I can do work clothes.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:23 pm

Sadie, I don't know how you are keeping up. You do what you have to do - I know there's no choice but to do it. (I hope that came out right - I know we all just do what he have to do, whatever is dealt to us, but you really got slammed with responsibilities.)

Round of errands done:
-dropped off at recycle the box in the garage that day bed in my office came in
-got cash at bank
-picked up dog meds
-HobLob for thread and a walk through. They have fall on sale and Christmas out too.
-subway lunch
-groceries
-stopped at assisted living to tell them of planned visit, and asked that dmom be "presentable."

I need to get started again....I did put groceries away this time. I think I'm stuck to the chair though.

-start challah in breadmaker URGENT ALERT
-see if I can find the stickies that I use as bookmarks in my planner
-get rid of 10 objects on the desk
-open library powerpoint and assess
-go outside and cut some hydrangeas for a pretty vase
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:41 pm

H is off. I need to do a few more weekly chores. Laundry is going now. Did a kit. spiff dishes are done up now.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”