FANTASTIC 'FINAL' FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: FANTASTIC 'FINAL' FRIDAY

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:23 pm

Okay, don't laugh.

(she said, knowing it was futile)

My next 27-decision was for just the front of the refrigerator. It took twice as long as the living room.

But I have an excuse! Things that "earn" a front-of-the-refrigerator position are sentimental or meaningful OR (and this is a biggie) already have gotten there because someone didn't know what to do with them.

Found a great fortune-cookie quote some family member had magneted up there that I've never seen:

Not just live and let live. Live and HELP live.

I looked the quote up and the best I can figure, this is a derivation of a Ralph Waldo Emerson quote "Live, let live and help live." but I like the fortune cookie one for its counter-point.

laminate-able. embroiderable.

Anyway, the above part of the post was early, and then HRH and co-worker got here. Enjoyed that visit quite a bit. A very pleasant man I remember well.

Sadie, what good help from those children! I imagine the babies were very interested in them.

Harmony, so glad to hear the dr is okay with your healing, and glad you don't have to deal with dr visits as much as you might have. I see your point about family needs. Last evening as ddil admired the new recliner, I said it was not an expensive, fine one like another friend bought, because that friend is at a stage in life in which his house is so calm. At once, I thought to myself OOPS, maybe offending her since the children were so excited and animated at that moment, and they are obviously part of the not-so-calm house we have. She said, don't worry you made the right decision, you'll be putting up with years of this.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:59 pm

took dd for a nice ride in the country side. I, and she, were going house crazy. She is getting some sort of shot for her belly to help stop the migraine cycle. (Keeping fingers crossed) She made lunch for work tomorrow in order to be hopeful.

:D :D :D d harriet!
so happy you had a nice visit!!!

Happy chores d nancy! Yay on your 3 chore bingo!

hi d twins as well. yay on your errands
and well done on putting away groceries!

Hello sweet Sadie! What a nice friend to come over and weed! Glad the girls were there to help with babies! You are raising grand babies that is 2 jobs and then having a home that is 3 jobs. Glad they reduced your work time. Have a great day!

Hi d harmony! it's hard to do anything when you are not feeling well. Glad you are feeling a bit okay! hope you feel 100% tomorrow. glad your healing is going well.

re: bingo I am getting really excited about the idea!

I can't believe it is already 3:55 pm here in my neck of the woods.
emptied the dw and filled with the few dishes from lunch (I am working on everyone rinsing their dishes. (even dh)
brights washed while I was gone and are now in the dryer.
dog blanket washing itself

I am going down to the basement. timer in hand - 2 x 15 minutes. focus on one thing.

I didn't touch the pool the last 2 weeks and it's gross.

what I still have:
empty any little thing in my car
clean purse
put laundry away :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: -how many loads that now need putting away
vacuum 3 season room
fix window in kitchen

make cucumber salad
cook potatoes for salad
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:29 pm

I finished all that I had planned for the day and am ready to put my feet up for a bit. DS9 and I both have an upset stomach and headache. I am hoping that it will go away soon.

I recently found the Walton's show online. It puts me to sleep within minutes of starting to watch it. I think I'll go "watch" an episode or two while waiting for my headache and stomach to calm down.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:53 pm

I hope you and ds feel better d lady!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:01 pm

I just can't put away the laundry! well I don't want to at this point. 8-) ;) I am exhausted
I finished my time in the basement
dinner is out for stragglers - I am the only one who ate.
dd younger felt better again and went with d mom to michaels for new yarn - she is trying to learn how to crochet and I only had dark yarn.
d mom is driving so I know when the headaches gets worse again that d mom is with her and will drive.

dh had the veg garden sprayed :shock: so that is the end of the garden this year. :x I just have to breath in and let that one go.

I have to pick up meds for dd younger - I am so tired. 8-) ;)

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Oh yes, LadyM, The Waltons is usually such a nice, relaxing show. I sleep very well while "watching" almost anything, actually, but sports programs are especially restful for me. Nothing is so calming to sleep by as a golf match. Black and white programs are always good for sleep too. I am a pro at what is best for sleep, LOL!
Dmom was watching The Waltons yesterday, but today MASH was on when I was there.

I read aloud to her from the book I'm reading, The Best Cook in the World, by Rick Bragg. Parts of it are hilarious, and she enjoyed it very much. She LOL (and probably wet her pants! :oops: )

I told her to look for me when she saw me coming. I might not see her again until Tuesday. My Saturday & Monday are spoken for, and I may use Sunday to rest and recuperate.
She said that would be fine. She is well-cared for over there, but very frustrated with her inability to be mobile. I don't really know if she is strong enough to use a knee scooter anyway, as far as being able to pull herself up to a standing position and get on it. I don't know if her balance is good enough. I've heard some people say those scooters are wonderful, but I've heard of people falling off them, too.
We will talk to the doctor Tuesday about PT and when she can start it.

Blessed, I've been listening to Flylady Kat while I drive the last couple days. She is so encouraging. When I'm listening to her, I think, "yeah, I can do this, no problem."
Then I come home and fall into the recliner. * sigh *

I hope you and ds9 feel better soon, LadyM! You too, Harmony! AND Blessed's dd!

(((Sadie))) Twins is RIGHT -- you really did get hit with a ton of responsibilities all at once. Definitely a good time to cut back on payroll work hours!
Hang in there; you are awe-inspiring to me.

Chore bingo... I would probably be motivated by that, but don't know if I'll be available.
Monday -- Atlanta
Tuesday -- Dmom to doctor
Wednesday -- DH's birthday
and hopefully I can get a haircut (trim) Thurs or Fri.
Saturday, just noticed an email that says I'm invited to a wedding reception Saturday for a lady at church.

I really need to sit down with a planner and my cards and see how long tasks take, b/c as Flylady Kat says, no matter WHAT time you get up, if you sleep 8 hours, you have 16 hours to get things done, and your routines/WHB/zones shouldn't take more than 2 hours at any time. I KNOW I have more time than I actually use wisely, and I have got to do better!

Waving to ALL!!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:48 pm

If I just listen to her daily (kat) I do better.I hear you re: coming home. I realized that I was making it way too hard lol. I have my morning routine etc. it's the just getting going that I have to do :D I run into trouble if I don't do the morning routine before my coffee lol because then I can sit and sit :lol:
hi d lucy!!! I also realized that I don't use my time wisely lol.

I don't know if you get her Patreon but I find it helpful $5 a month. it's 5 - 7 minute talks x 5 days a week. yesterday was handling criticism. and seeing all that you have done was today. (not putting yourself down). etc.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 pm

I made progress till dinner, then not so much I did spiff up tbe kitchen. It us so hot, watering is taking up time. The heat is exhausting. We try to get stuff done in the morning, we have some items to donate and get loaded in tne truck we will do that in the morning. my shoulders were sore today.

My back neighbor had to go back to taking things to the thrift shop she did not have good luck with the buy nothing group, that was my experience to.

I did a store run the other day but lunch stiff is needed.

Return to “Post When You Can”