FANTASTIC 'FINAL' FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FANTASTIC 'FINAL' FRIDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:55 am

For July that is. We're getting ready to head out for our hometown within the hour. Just thought I'd briefly post. Thank you all for your very kind wishes yesterday. Dh even did the dishes for me this morning. We had a very nice anniversary dinner here at the Pub with all our dks and dgks. Of course DS-R & family weren't here but he did call. They'll be on their way back from Green Bay, WI today. We've kept their dog ever since Saturday and I'm ready to have her return home! He was even driving dh nuts this morning and that's unusual. Sure he knows we're leaving and he's getting left behind. DD will be over later to take him to her camper -she's planning a "3 Dog Night". Better her than me!

Have a good weekend everyone.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Re: FANTASTIC 'FINAL' FRIDAY

Postby CathyS » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:07 am

Hi!!

Made 4 boxes of Crusteaz corn muffin mix that we picked up at Wegmans when we were in the states last month. Box said it made 12 muffins, but I only get 9 per box. My muffin trays must make larger muffins. I still have 2 boxes to make, but I am out of steam already. I can make them this afternoon when I get home.

Myself and 3 other ladies from the Wednesday knitting/stitching group are going to Fort Erie (across the bridge from Buffalo) to go to the Nygard/Jay Set/Alia discount store and then we are going for lunch. We are leaving Beamsville at 10.

Supper tonight is steak on the BBQ. It's still hot here even though it has rained 4 times since Sunday. Fire ban was just lifted last night. We are also have green and yellow beans from the garden. I have made dh lemon flavoured jello as well.

Plus I ran a load of pots and pans and bowls in the dishwasher.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:34 am

Steaks sound delicious, Cathy! I think I have heard of Wegmans, but we don’t have them around here. Have a great day.

Dee, happy anniversary, again — I think I missed the actual day again. :)
Have a great day — I can’t believe it’s the end of July already!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:58 am

Good Morning! I am counting being able to come here and CUOP with treasured SHE friends as a blessing. I miss Kathryn posting and wonder how she is doing, but also support her need to stay away until she is ready.

DGS21 is actually begging me to go hang with him today. He REALLY needs an IRL friend that is available to just hang out and talk. He has many friends but not a friend that he can just spend hours doing nothing. S000o, we are meeting for coffee, go look at a new art show exhibit and will probably do the thrift stores. Because this is a military community with people shipping in/out frequently, our thrift stores frequently have items I have never seen before. I'm always finding something that I didn't know I needed. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

Before meeting with DGS21 I will be doing homeschool with DS9 at a park. We are taking the curriculum that has worksheets and books with us and will find a spot to do them. He will still have to do the other curriculum that is done using a computer before we leave, but that is a good motivator for him to get-er-done.

I received the saucers in the mail to go underneath the grow bags. I am now ready to implement that gardening experiment. Sometimes I feel like a crazy person with this desire and passion to try new gardening things. I just find it so interesting! Although it isn't all wonderful. I found aphids in my vegetable garden this morning. WAR has been declared! I'm going to start with as simple a solution as I can. Water, dish soap, cayenne pepper, and a paintbrush. Let the battle begin!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:13 am

Good morning!!!

before I forget - d lucy - great work yesterday. I didn't see your post until this morning ! your whew went to wow!

good morning d dee! so happy you had a lovely anniversary party!!!
thank you for starting us!

good morning d Cathy! those muffins sound great! I always love to hear about your dinners!
have fun today with the ladies!
yay on getting the pots and pans done -

good morning d lady! I feel exactly the same! I know I miss her too. It may take some time; I am glad she is taking time for herself. have fun with you d gs21 - I know your dgs never went through this but my d bil said that when he quit the lifestyle with his (thought they were) friends that he was suddenly on his own - a very hard time for him but he changed his life for the better while some of those friends he had before had passed and really struggled with the life they chose. He realized that these people wanted to stay with each other because it allowed each other to do what they did. He now has a lovely wife, beautiful children and a happy life.
-I love that the garden calls you! have fun with the new equipment as you try to get rid of the aphids

hello all you dear ones! have a great day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:24 am

dd got hit again last night - we are waiting for the neurologist to call her. she is in a lot of pain
so i shall see how that goes but i hope to:

I need cash for tomorrows farmers market
today is purse and car day
laundry put away - truth time - I have had cloths up stairs to put away for a week 8-)
basement dejunking 30 min
routines

dinner is already made except the cucumber salad
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:33 am

tdy
better sleep with later bedtime. I think I would have gotten approx. 6 hrs, with 8.5 hrs in bed.
2 LOL
finally took care of an on computer thing while a visitor was here. It had been a big omm. She twigged there was a box to check that was stopping it all going through. One less thing to worry about.
short walk this pm
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:37 am

I am feeling pretty scattered this a.m. and need to focus! DD just called me wanting me to go to a health insurance appt with her in 45 min and I feel bad about declining. I shouldn't, should I?

Dcleaning lady is running late this morning, I've already walked ddog with M - we were planning a longer walk today but she is feeling yucky.

OMM to do:
-need to call dcousin L back re them coming here tomorrow to see dmom
-need to plan Shabbat dinner - dkids are coming because dd is out of town on Sunday evening, when we usually have them over
-usual stuff that I didn't do from yesterday's list
---errands
---library powerpoint
---finish research report
---thank you notes?

So......right now I need to:
-brush and floss and wash up (s2s later)
-meds/vitamins and start drinking water, I feel dehydrated?
-figure out dinner and add to grocery list
-start dishwasher
-call dcousin L back about tomorrow

and.....get busy!

Echoing LadyM:
I miss Kathryn posting and wonder how she is doing, but also support her need to stay away until she is ready.

LadyM, about dgs21 this is also how I feel about my dd sometimes. She has a couple of good friends, but drives me crazy sometimes wanting to do things with me also. She had texted me earlier in the week (after a lot of time with her Monday) asking if I wanted to go vote with her yesterday. And the short notice request this morning. :o
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:50 am

So this is the part of decluttering deciding what to do with the stuff you do mot use in the pantry. Like extra bleach jug I barly use one have no idea why I have two! The table needs attn. I did work on it yesterday but it is nit done. Kitchwn needs attn. Timer day for me. I am still having a few symptoms from the cold.

Thinking of you all. My neighbor is having great luck with a free site I have not good luck with that.

I am having the final push here to get the place realtor ready, not ready gutters need cleaned, but it is coming along. The heat has slowed down progress.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:23 am

Morning...
My day changed its direction. Was going to help my friend finish setting up her classroom, but she texted to say she wasn’t feeling well.

I was up early and just kept moving. One load of laundry folded. One in the dryer and one n the washer.

I have desk work to do. Had planned to do it tomorrow, but like the laundry since my day opened up I’ll work on it as well.

Waving to y’all... enjoy your day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”