Keep it Simple Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Keep it Simple Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:24 am

I'm going for a simple Saturday - a visit with cousins, some catch up around here, a little of this and that, but my head is exploding with stuff too.

How do you Keep it Simple when there's too much background noise? When all the bandwidth is taken, and then some?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Keep it Simple Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:32 am

Hello hello d twins!!! good morning!!!

I keep repeating "stay in the moment" (bc my head is always ahead with all kind of thoughts of what needs to be done) - lol - it's kind of funny for my family if I say it out loud.

Have a great day d twins and everyone.

I am heading out for the farmers market - my d mom's first time - she is not thrilled but I said she didn't have to go but she is going anyway. :D
dd younger will be getting her first shot today and I am a little nervous. Giving her the shot doesn't make me uncomfortable but the side affects. Sumatriptan ? has anyone tried it.
She takes a med she has to be watchful for.

Goals today:
work on pool with dd older.
basement 30 minutes
morning routine, paper routine, exercise routine, animal routine, clutter check, dinner out if dd feels okay, evening routine.

I have cooked cabbage- with white wine and onions (can I freeze that)

take care! time to s2s
laundry is flip flopped,
animals are fed
dishwasher is on
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:46 am

Today's PODA and exploding brain, in no particular order:
ld accept whichever one was higher. This might move the best one up a little but OTOH this is at 90% of asking price, however, asking price is 10K less than appraisal.)
-finish research report
-send out powerpoint from library talk a month ago. I said at the time I would send this the next week and haven't. :oops: THe guilt is mounting. I want to review it further otoh it's a pain and I don't like to do it.
-what else?
-catch up on several emails, one is an offer to speak to a group but it's about 90 miles from here, I don't think it's a good use of my time but maybe I should do it, could be scheduled now for later...

Right now....note desire to tame brain for a few seconds....
-change clothes and walk the ddog
-breakfast smoothie and meds
-clear kitchen counters
-back from walk, clean up, brush teeth, wash face, get dressed for cousins
-realtor to call in 15 min eeeeek! Should be finishing walk with ddog
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:15 am

I did four of those five things, need to get ready to go out soon. I have aloe plants for cousins that came off a plant at my mother's house. Do men like those kind of things? I hope they do...

On advice of realtor have counter offered on the best offer. He prepared and sent to me and I signed electronically, always a challenge to be honest. Also letting the other realtor know that we have appraisal for higher, and that there are two more showings today. My head is exploding because I thought this would take a long time. I still have a chest of drawers and mirror I need to get out, and take some cuttings off a "winter honeysuckle" and what about the oakleaf hydrangea also?

Also have been deleting photos off my phone, I ran out of space while at the NA and I've been trying to get some off since to free up some space.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:35 am

Hello Twins and blessed! Everybody else must be sleeping in this morning. Yeah, like any of us have time for THAT!

DH is out weeding. I spent the morning at my desk. Still stuff to do. Big statement was HUGE this month but I got it all sorted out and checks are in the mail.

Emptied dishwasher.

Few more things to do at my desk, then a break then go again. Boy I'm glad this isn't the end of a quarter in July. I don't need any extra to do.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:40 am

Hi!

I choose 1 of 3 "F" words... Focus, finish and... I'm not going to post the third one. ; )

Today's the day!! Redneck/50th birthday party!! Menu is potluck and "roadkill" AKA moose meat and venison.

I have the 5th batch of corn muffins in the oven. One more batch to make. I am taking them in a metal pail that I bought at the dollar store. They can have the pail. The pail is lined with a clear plastic bag. Very redneck, if you ask me.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:05 pm

Hmmm... ... coming back in to simplify - I was speaking in this post about playing Chore Bingo on Monday as a possibility. That would be Tuesday in Australia. Now is it clear as mud?

Chore Bingo set me to thinking about time zones. We in North America will be thinking "second wind" to keep up when Australian players start in fresh and ready to play. My best calculation is Lynlee and Kasalia greet the hour of 8:00 a.m. Tuesday at the same time that Ramblin' and Nancy are looking at 3:00 p.m. Monday. Maybe that helps with the thought process. So if anyone is discouraged feeling like they got a late start - hey, it's early for somebody, so play on and have fun "all day".

So, what do ya'll think? The Monday/Tuesday-in-Australia plan? :) Or do we need more of a running start for later in the week?

Anyone traveling, (like maybe lucylee) MUST think safety first (please do not Bingo and drive, but cyber chores permitted if somebody else is at the wheel). cheerleading appreciated.

Any chore is a chore - whether you would be proud of cleaning your gutters or finally changing the transparent tape in the dispenser, we'll be impressed. If it's important to you and you're up for it, we'll cheer. (be careful up there)

What number of bingo chores is challenging without stressing out?

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:28 pm

Tuesday morning I will be out with DH to dr. Friday from 11:00 on also with DH to dr.

BUT I will defer to what everybody else's schedule is and I will join in whatever day is best for the group. I might have a bunch to do in the evening if I'm out during the day when everybody is working. Thinking also, I will sit the evening before whatever day we pick and do my paperwork so I'm not stuck at my desk during the fun!

If I took it all out of my mind and put it on a LIST it'd be as long as my arm!

How much time do we delegate to each chore? Is it a 15 minute thing?

I hope we have a good group to chime in together! We should do this more often.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Keeping it simple ! Thanks for the great start gals it is fun to play along w you all. H is resting no Sat. Work at the job site.

I did some rounds this morning up at 4 w a low bs dealt w that, put sprinklers on and fed animals, s2s then napped till 8 lol! Slept well. So the cool morning time is gone. I journaled planner entries done, walked the ddog, downstairs now laundry is going. I re-packed another tote, and got it downstairs.

(I do not have a time limit in my chore bingo.) But three in an hour is excellent. some like cooking deviled eggs or pasta salad take longer, but it is not a race.

New game we have Aug. & Sept. Bdays. So I am doing the get ready for a party game next.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Morning...
Just back from the drs. I have a sinus infection and had to argue loudly with the young PA to get antibiotics. You’d think I was asking for herion. He wanted to get into this virus vs bacteria thing saying most sinus infections plus my chest is killing me are really viruses and I should wait another ten days till it cleared up on my own.

I explained rather strongly that I have a science background and am not stupid. Plus I’m prone to bronchitis which he claims is viral and doesn’t need antibiotics. I told him I am 68 years old and know my body better than him and is I wait another 10 days... I’m already on day 6 with this.. I would be in serious trouble.

I was ready to walk out and go somewhere else when he backed down after claiming he refuses to give his family antibiotics and advises all of his friends not to use them. I told him I didn’t give a crap about his personal beliefs, that this was my body, not his to mess with.

Finally he wrote a script for an antibiotic with instructions not to use but to wait and see I I would get better on my own. Now why would I waste another few days feeling crappy just to please him.

I’m so PO I told Sweetie after I got home than I plan to send the PA a note in a few days stating... I took the antibiotics and am better... guess it was a bacteria and I do know my body better than you.

Doesn’t matter when you play bingo... I will be busy Monday with business with Sweetie and the memorial for Courtni, and Tue have a drs appointment with tests.

Gonna drink my coffee and try and calm down. I seldom loose my cool, but that PA made a mistake to challenge my knowledge especially when I’m feeling like you know what.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”