Sunday quiet before the storm

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sunday quiet before the storm

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:09 pm

I did a store run this morning so h can use the rig with the ac the first part of the week heat advisories are up. I found planner supplies was excited to use them after we put food away. Dil stopped by and brought some boxes, and took dontaions to go with there's, so h. Will not have to do that after work. I have a stratagedy for Aug. In play! :idea: empty boxes are in the spots avaliable in closets for packing up. One to three a day is my plan.

I played with my planners. :mrgreen: washer twins are working. Good news dil loved the hats and took all three. Her mom brought dishes we had for wedding china from a gas station promo get fuel get a stamp the buy rose pattern dishes. Decided to take it a blessing. Found free zuchinni on my way home.

Last night chatted with the neighbors of various misadventures boating we laughed until tears came. It was a good time.

I see storm clouds around us again tonite.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:45 pm

waving from Monday.
I'm otd in <1min yoga day.
dish washing K cleanup is in my future.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Wtg lynnl.
Dryer is going. Dishes got put away. Dinner happened.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:31 pm

hi d lynn! Happy Monday! cheering you on as you work!

hi d nancy! yay on doing dinner and dishes and put away! yay on the donations! so glad you and your d neighbour had a good laugh! how fun!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:35 pm

we had a lovely dinner (music and d mom was singing some french songs) lots of fun (missed dd younger)
it's always fun to hear my d mom and dd older speaking french with the owner of the bistro and the waiter.

dd headache is there - crossing fingers it is better bc she wants to go to work again.
put away clean dishes
sink is clean
laundry put away.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi!

Had a good time last night. Dh told me that he noticed that numerous people had corn muffins on their plates, so I guess they were a hit.

Dh gave our friend the trim from the bedroom door that had his only child's growth chart on it. Our friend was very happy about it.

Tonight we had local Ontario corn for supper along with pork ribs on the BBQ and a side order of brown beans. I figured that brown beans went with the ribs and corn.

Tomorrow I might not be on the computer first thing in the morning, but I will be taking back the house. I think I am staying home from the Monday a.m. knitting group. There is a lot of unhappiness there lately, and I really just need some time alone at home.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:04 pm

noon - home from yoga.
I scored a lift home via a shopping center, so bought a few things today I/l of tomorrow.
A woman from a yoga class of old was there. I had often met her and her DH on afternoon walks, so had somewhat kept in touch. Talked at length re various tai chi classes. pros and cons of each.
And how 'seemingly gentle exercise' can leave you stiff ( as per our current yoga class, and what I found at tai chi for arthritus after 1st class there, despite the 3 mths 2x week class I'd previously done..)
groceries away.

next
lunch.
radio on and washing up to do.
My eyes vote to close.

Cooler change is coming thru. beautiful sunny winter day here.
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:14 pm

Posted this on the other thread as well

Tell you what, let's consider that any of our co-chore-folks might be using either a 4x4 board of 16 chore-spaces OR a 16-item list. And we'll stay at 16 for now, keeping in mind that as Lynlee said, this could be Chore Bingo Week and plenty of time to get to more.

I'll plan to throw out the first number at 8 EST in the morning by some random number generator online.

Following numbers are called by any and all on their WHIM. Perfectly acceptable to call the one you like best from your own list OR perfectly acceptable to call a number if you're not personally playing.

Our chores won't all be the same length of time and sometimes we'll seem to get behind but that's no big deal. Just do the next one and the next as you can and keep playing. Next chore/number, you might be finished and eating bon-bons for a while. If somebody hollers BINGO, be impressed ;) but play on!

Lynlee suggested another thread rather than PWYC - I hadn't considered that. Was thinking we'd have little extra time and would just post/report at one place. But it's a thought - keeping it in another spot. Ya'll give opinions in the a.m. and if some want that, we'll make a place. ALSO if I'm starting too early or if things move too fast, it's also acceptable to call a slow down! ;)

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:31 pm

dishes washed, surfaces wiped in K. lunch done. emptied yoga stuff out of cart.

I'll try a nap with y'all going to bed.

Anyone else's reception of website doing a funny thing? mine is odd.
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Return to “Post When You Can”