Sunday quiet before the storm

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Sunday quiet before the storm

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:29 am

We have a thunderstorm heading our way and should arrive in 30 minutes or so. The air feels different before the storm arrives. It almost feels like the air has been energized.

How are you going to use your Sunday? Will you be planning & prepping for the rest of the week?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Re: Sunday quiet before the storm

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:36 am

oh my gosh - that is perfect d lady! It reminds me to be like a scout, "be prepared".

thank you and have a great day d lady. (Same to everyone!!!) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:50 am

I saw the title today and thought, oh LadyM really is expecting a lot of bingo activity tomorrow. :lol:

((Lynlee)) you are wise about the timing. I got caught up in wrapping my brain around our zone differences and we do need to just let it happen. Bingo week is a 8-) thought.

I just told HRH that sometimes my life is harder when dd helps me. :| She's leading singing today, since she'll be gone next week, when I'll do it. But somehow I have to be the alarm clock, the snooze button, the nag. I printed out the bulletin for her and she was only irritated about that, since she insists "somebody will have one, mother". Um... .. no one but me has had one for two weeks. Why should they start now?

HRH constantly complains about the aromas that emanate from the front bathroom when she's getting ready to go somewhere. Today he walked past the door and announced loudly, "You know, a good hound dog could still follow that trail six years from now."

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:57 am

I had a great night sleep and woke up feeling ready to get started on the day. I have finished 11 SHE cards so far today.

The worst of the storm has passed over us already. It is a fast moving storm. I'll let Buddy outside when it stops raining. Buddy is the oldest and largest of our dogs. He is also the biggest baby when storms happen. Over the past couple of years, he has demolished FOUR doors because of his fear of storms. If we aren't home when a storm happens then you know something bad is going to happen to at least one of the doors leading from outside to the inside of the house.

I love the idea of Bingo week!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:21 am

I am glad you had a nice night sleep d lady - yay on the cards! Good morning!
((sweet buddy and storms))) - we use to radios playing at the same time when fireworks happen (the dogs are in the laundry room when we do this). I also leave a piece of dd youngers clothing - that she has worn - with them.

good morning d harriet!
lol re: "sometimes my life is harder when dd helps me" oh my gosh I understand! 8-) :lol:
your dh - so funny - my eldest loves her perfume (it fads pretty fast but at first wow).

wishing you a great morning. time for a reality check. I think I will go to services at 10 with d mom.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:33 am

I have being doing my home blessing once a week (instead of a little each day)
I still feel in chaos even though I am working really hard and it has making me anxious.
things that I have been doing:
my morning routines
listing money spent
some paperwork daily
making dinner and cleaning up after dinner

have not been doing
-time for myself out of the house that is not work related (I am sure with dd being sick that has a lot to do with it)
(I hope to take dh on an excursion for him but that is not for me. I think I need me time)
-I have not been doing the animal routine: brushing the dogs (which would make my day easier)
-I have not been doing my checking account and credit card balancing
-I had bought a beach pass and haven't gone once
-clutter checks
-garden work
-clean pool
-my weight watcher tracking
-exercise routine or self care routine
-putting laundry away - I have a huge pile on the dining room table and in our bedroom

thinking I have to live in the now and not overthink.
I must add a free day to my week
add my exercise and ww tracking every day bc it makes me feel better.

Boy oh boy, AM I Whining! 8-) :roll: :D

so next: breath in and look at the calendar to see whats a comin' :D 8-)
be positive!
check my menu plan
take chicken frozen out of freezer for a meal this week.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:44 am

My personality's perfectionism is paralysing me.

Please help with answers here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5815

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:07 am

sweet kathryn Good morning!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:09 am

I have been throwing ideas on a file (in the computer) of menu ideas. I still have dinners in freezer from last weeks crazy cooking day. My menu is set for this week! I love the farmers market as it keeps me cooking in the season. Trying to think simple!!!

Next check time of services (different church)

list spending and recycle

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:06 am

Lots of chore bingo discussion here. I do it here at home with a container of slips of paper and a list of jobs, and just draw out of the container for my job assignment. The caveat is that I only spend 15 minutes if I pull something like "clean up the garage" or paper filing, and put the number back in the container where I might draw it again for a second round. Some of these tasks don't take very much time, for some reason or another I've just put them off until it takes a game to get me going.

I was up at 5:45 to get dd to the airport at 6 a.m. to go to a conference on Jewish Education. The temple has provided funding for educational opportunities for her, including working toward an online masters degree if she decides to do so.

I went back to bed after delivering dd, and dh woke me up at 9:20 because I had told him the realtor was calling me at 9:30. The potential buyer yesterday "walked" when we countered his offer, which was 90% of asking price. However, there were two more showings yesterday and two more offers this a.m. - one a low ball offer, and the second slightly higher than the good offer yesterday when we countered. So I accepted today's offer and hopefully, mother's house will close next month. I feel sad and relieved at the same time.

I loved seeing cousins yesterday. Was a good day, I think mother knew who they were, mostly, and my cousin L was soo good reminding her of old times.

Dh and ds are at Costco stocking up and buying things were probably don't need. :lol:

I need to use today to organize for the week. Dh and I are leaving again a week from today for five days (leave Sunday, back on Thursday late.) So this week the list is "before I leave" when I try to finish and not leave things hanging. Assuming mother's house will close the 20th as scheduled gives me another set of tasks (be sure I've checked all the "hidey-holes" for things left behind, get the dresser and mirror that I want out, warn dnephews to get anything they have tagged out of the house, take some cuttings from the yard.)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”