Sunday quiet before the storm

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Sunday quiet before the storm

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:20 pm

I did 45 minutes in the basement and then 15 put away, give away and toss.

how fun d twins!
good for your dd d twins! so happy for her - but I know what is like to drive others that early in the am to the airport! I am glad you went back to sleep! I will be praying for a good sale for your d mom's house!

dh didn't want to donate a hall rug that dd older had - very popular right now and it's not his style but I convinced him to donate.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:33 pm

going out to dinner with d mom and d girls. Yay no cooking or dishes

I haven't done my morning routine yet - some but not all bc I wanted to get the heavy duty things done. I was going to go to church but decided to watch it online so that I could have time with both girls. we went to jamba juice and sat in the yard and chatted for awhile.

time to move the sprinkler

I don't want to do the dailies - I know! 8-) :shock:
I will go work on the job I don't want to do first. (laundry put away)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:51 pm

Morning...

Hurray, good to see you Kathryn :D

I have a stomach ache, but I'm not surprised. The meds I started taking yesterday are causing it. I have a doctors appoingment on Tue to see about my Hiatal hernia.

Laundry is done, house is in good shape so I'm gonna take it slow and easy today.

Waving to ya'll...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:03 pm

I am on my phone right now because of a thunderstorm overhead. Not much rain, but a whole lot of lights and sounds. Both dh and dMinnie are sleeping through it. :shock:

We've had breakfast and lunch, watched church service online, etc., and I have a load of laundry ready for the dryer, just waiting for the storm to pass before starting it.

I will use the rest of the afternoon to plan the week and relax. RE: the Bingo, I searched Pinterest for Chore Bingo and there's lots of stuff there.

See you all later...
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Norma

Postby Norma » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:52 pm

I think everyone is glad to see you Kathryn. :D You have been missed.
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:57 pm

hello d Norma!

hello d sunny! stay nice and safe in the rain!
enjoy some rest this afternoon!

Good day to you d Rose! I am so so sorry you have tummy issues.
so happy your house is good and you are taking a relaxing afternoon.

hello d everyone

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:06 pm

I used my timer to stick to putting laundry away.
every bit of laundry put away, dirty - separated and ready to wash this week.

I still have towels on the dining room table to fold and put away. put away done :D it took 3 minutes thats all :roll: ;)

dd made food for herself and won't be coming to dinner with us as she is trying to get her body to relax and hope to reboot it.

dh didn't want me to water the grass - it's supposed to rain on Thursday but the lawn is so so dry. The only problem with dd being home all the time is that he gets a little protective about the outside and the garage. So I will let it go unless it doesn't rain. He hates me using the sprinkler at all for the flower beds.

one cat jumped off of dd's drawer hutch into an open drawer (she was putting away some laundry) and the cat broke the drawer. Hoping dh can fix it. She bent the metal rollers under the drawer. :shock:

tossed some old shirts of mine.

tossed laundry downstairs and separated.
(not much)

Next: pull morning routine and paper routine. I went backwards today - I went through the hard stuff first (and the i don't wanna's and made it harder it harder than it should in my mind).

dishes are washing themselves in the dw.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Home from church and lunch at a favorite place with family & friends.

DBro sat next to me at church (before I left to go teach children church). I hope I never stop appreciating & treasuring time with DBro just doing normal stuff. It was just 11 months ago that he was diagnosed with STage 4 cancer and was given a life expectancy of weeks. Then he went through aggressive chemo & Stem cell Transplant. Now DBro is a walking miracle. DBro is back to doing his normal life. Working fulltime feeding & caring for cattle (hundreds of head), training horses and going non-stop. Just for the fun of it, DBro rode in 2 rodeos this last week. He recently bought some more land so after he gets off work, then he is clearing it and building miles of fence. I watch in amazement at his recovery.....and treasure the moments.

DGD7 went home this morning but will be returning in 3 hours to stay a couple of days/nights. Public school starts in 2 weeks. I don't mind having DGD7 here but I will admit to looking forward to her going to school.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:04 pm

so happy you had lunch at your favourite place with friends and family d lady! so happy your d brother was with you!!! What a blessing!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:08 pm

finally finished my morning routine! I can't believe I have to vacuum and dust the first floor daily bc of the animals - I rinsed the kitchen floor.

I have sheets to go upstairs
I have not done a swish and swipe this last week and it looks like it.

I still have 4 dishes in the sink and the sink hasn't been shined (but it's good enough)
dishes are air drying

pool :shock:
Can't do the family room floor yet as dd younger is asleep again.
Dd younger will stay here while d mom and dd older and I go out for dinner.

now to throw kitchen towels into the dryer

Return to “Post When You Can”