TERRIFIC TUESDAY!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: TERRIFIC TUESDAY!

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:54 pm

Can't believe we are facing August.

What?

It's not fathomable, really.

Chore Bingo has been good for me for two days. I got 16 things done yesterday and 8 today, catching up with kittykatt. Some eye-openers for me about the things that were needed around here.

I'll start another thread this evening for Wednesday unless someone else gets one started. Lots of us mentioning keeping it up a while, or having the rest of a card/list to get to.

Have some thoughts so far that I will put in the "instructions" thread Kathryn had posted.

Harmony, I'm glad he had a good appt.

Tomorrow, along with getting some village threads started, I'll be getting the trash and recyclables out, clearing out the fridge, making a grocery list, that sort of prep.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:42 pm

Yes dd said that grey was a really popular color. Not my fav. But it will go good with the extetior color white paint.

I just purged some not my fav. Notebook type paper in my office, it took a while but feels great to have that done.

It is 91* at 8:45 now, feels muggy. Smokey haze this evening from all the fires. I retreated to the basement, habpving a cup of coffee a bit ago was a mistake. :roll:

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:34 am

My mother’s deck flooring is a grey composite(?) material — looks like wood but supposedly will not require the upkeep. Maybe Harmony knows the name of what I’m talking about? Anyway, it looks really nice. Dmom’s brick has lots of shades of grey, black, and brown in it, along with red.

What. A. Day.
Dr said he could put dmom in a boot, but then decided a cast would protect the pins in her toes better. Oh. My. Goodness. If she gets in a boot, I’m afraid she’s going to be ready to go home. I am NOT ready!
Also, toe is not PERFECT, seems to be trying to pull into the old position a BIT — but Dr said, “Let’s just watch it for awhile; when the swelling goes down completely, it may be better.”
Sheesh.
But OTOH — I have to admit she is doing pretty well. Managed to get out of and into car from wheelchair on her own at the doctor’s office.
She goes back the 13th.

I want to tell y’all all about our weekend trips - Grand Ole Opry with dgs and Braves game with ds and all his family... but right now, I’m exhausted.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:00 am

Epoxy, lucylee and Harmony? HRH saw this done over concrete, looking like anything from flagstone to planks, and is considering this for our concrete porch.

Grey - I agree it seems to be popular these days. A sensible neutral that wouldn't put anyone off.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:35 am

I’ve seen pictures of that concrete you’re talking about, Harriet — it looks amazing! But no, dmom’s deck is planks of something — it may be a special-treated wood — but I think it is a non-wood surface.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”