TERRIFIC TUESDAY!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

TERRIFIC TUESDAY!

Postby Harmony » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:22 am

Come in and encourage us by sharing what is terrific about your day today.

For me, it was terrific that I got out of bed way before the alarm and got going early. That's an accomplishment for me.

I have to accompany DH to his dr. appointment later and I have to stop at the church to pick up prayer cards for this week. My day is started.

There is a chore bingo started down in the Organization and Simplification thread. We had a night-owl there working through the night (well her time zone) and now morning people are gathering. Come join in!

Harriet

Re: TERRIFIC TUESDAY!

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:19 am

Yes, kitty-katt was really getting things accomplished. I made a start.

Emailed with ds to make sure, and I have the children on Thursday this week. Only bad thing is that dd won't be here this time - she is helpful with them.

Today I need to make sure the recyclables (and there are so many, because of new chair arrival) and trash is handled well.

Also getting dd to help me with some of her detritus would be good. :roll:

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:31 am

It was terrific that my 2.30 wake up pain was most likely heart burn, rather than that other thing. It eased on getting up etc.
little sleep last night. Eventually got myself moving this morning.
tmeds. cooked bfst. rdgs in the sun
bfst to see the overdrive that happened on Monday chore bingo.
late otd to walk to tai chi. not a morning I could rush so I was late.
Stayed afterwards to practice a bit with instructor and 2 others.
went to 2nd hand book store with as new book. Decided to offer it to my dd to e bay if she would like, as so little money would come my way.
bought track bottoms - last night I realised I had none.
So they are mens, and I'll need to chop off some leg length.
groceries - f&v, and bread. nut bars on special.
walked home. Not to difficult as I had less shopping
lunch
bed - slept a bit.
rush at some spaces - looking for things to bin. found some wardrobe 'top shelf hiding gear'. (consider them list check off potiential, so did that.)
Its a bit of a start …. at least.
bins out.
dinner
good night all.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:08 am

Morning...

Huge monsoon storm last night. The lightning show was amazing. I posted pictures on mynFB page. Wind gusts were 54-73mph. Trees down everywhere, but we still have ours.

Not much bingo here today. I have a doctors and facial appointments. Also I need to return some library books.

My front door leaked last night as the very strong winds drove the water under it. I have several towels to wash this morning. I kept my mop by the door and soaked up the water that the towels didn’t get.

Memorial wasn’t as bad as I expected. Robert, my 6’3” 230 lbs 29 yr old previous student stuck to me like glue once I showed up. He took me all over the room introducing me to every one and never left my side. We had many laughs as he told stories on me from our school years. His favorite was how I would stand on a chair so he had to look up to me when I needed to “talk” him.

His mother, two sisters and their children were all there as well. I loved this family when I had Robert as a student and we agreed to get together again in the near future.

Robert said the doctors still don’t know after numerous test exactly what caused Courtni’s death and the family has hopes that her autopsy will provide answers.

I’m off to start my day. No Perry for me this morning. I need to be out there f her in an hour. Waving to y’all... enjoy your day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:45 am

Good morning, it is a Terrific Tuesday!

I have a quiet day today but need to press on. Dh is out in the evening so I'm just making some chicken salad for supper and it will also work for some lunches this week.

I am going to do some chore bingo.

Genealogy things I need to do are sending out the power pt slides to my library presentation, and making a couple of small corrections to my research report I finished yesterday, and doing my critique of another of the ProGen member assignments.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:55 am

I am up and qt em. Have been making good progress on my morning stuff, walked ddog to get unstiff. Sheets are in the dryer the last of my Mon. Stuff is done. Yea. Some fun things today too like painting some rocks. Waving to ya-all!

About halfway done w my list now ya - hoo.
Cooked noodles.
I have a plan for dinner.
Trash is at the curb.
Watering now.
Decluttered the sm. shop for ten min.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:25 pm

Ramblin' isn't that unusual that you would have that much rain? Sort of happy for you, although that sounds rough.

Elizabeth, so sorry Briggs had a bad time while you were gone. Thanks for the review of Busch Gardens, although I don't see myself getting to go! Ds and family travel more often, though, since they have a 5th wheel RV. I'll tell them your impressions.

Phone call needed my attention and took time.

Missing BookSaver. Interested to hear whether she has a ceiling... .. :?

I'm going to get to another bingo number.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:26 pm

Greetings! I awoke to the sound of thunder again this morning. We've had rain for the last couple of hours. I'm sure the rest of the day will be hot and steamy.

Dh and I have no errands out this week except for maybe a run to the grocery store for a few items. His next appointment with the INR nurse is next week.

I think this next weekend is the time my ddil#2-Y and dgd16-M will be in Maxwell, Ont. for the Glengarry games with their city pipe band. Then just after that the Grade 2 city pipe band will be off to Scotland for the world championships. This will be their first overseas trip. I'm so excited for them both.

I just can't get started until I do my a.m. routines such as washing and dressing, making the bed, breakfast, and feeding ddog. (Those are all on my list; I do them first, but check them off as the numbers are called.) Then I can start in on all the extras. Time to check the Bingo numbers again and see how fast I can catch up.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:03 pm

I think it is tertiffic that I have great progress on my stuff for today. I walked around the block with the neighbor in back of us I invited her in to see the place and got her opionion on one thing I was trying to decide to keep or toss, thst helped, toss it is the decision.

I think it is terrific that the heat advisory will expire tonite at 8 p m!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:48 pm

THANK YOU D HARMONY FOR STARTING US! Good day to you!

Wonderful d Nancy!!! awesome progress! hope you stay cool

Good day d Sunny! How exciting that the pipe band will go to Scotland! I am the same. I haven't gotten to most of my morning routine as I was out early this morning.

Good day d Harriet!
Yay on your bingo. Sorry I can't do it every day. I am thrilled for you all!

Good day to you d twins as well. wishing you a great day.

Good day d rose! wow on weather. enjoy your day. Sorry your front door leaked!!! How sweet that the young man loved being with you so much!

D Lynlee I hope you don't have pain in tonights sleep!!! Sweet dreams!

Hi d harriet - yay on Kitty Katt getting things accomplished.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”