thursday/friday australia Let the games begin

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

thursday/friday australia Let the games begin

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:26 am

There has been so much fun going on with Chore bingo! I love the energy and the joy that all of you have been putting into our lives and our homes!
I love the energy and the fun everyone is having!

So today I wish you an energy filled wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: thursday/friday australia Let the games begin

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:45 am

I am ready to start the rest of my morning routine. It is pouring right now.

4 days at work for dd Yay. She was able to work all day yesterday! I cried, with happiness, when she came home because she didn't have a headache and really worked hard all day without an issue! (I didn't let her see me). Amazing what a week can do.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:21 am

I have to start as I am falling into rabbit holes on the computer. enjoy your day.

first thing: morning routine
animal routine
laundry routine
errand day: bank, laundry matt for big comforter thing, hardware store: packing tape.
paperwork routine 1 "
exercise routine
basement
dinner routine - I can not look at another meat - dh and dd older enjoy having it and really want it part of their dinner but not I or dd younger. Not sure how I am going to handle that one.

pool
bathrooms
clutter check

working on mindfulness - as d kat said on her PATREON channel : being mindful in the home so that the tide of clutter (incoming wave leaves all the clutter one mindlessly puts down, all over the house. making it difficult to keep up.

GOAL: DON'T GET DISCOURAGED.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:38 am

It's also pouring rain here, and likely to rain all day. I'm picking up dcousin J (aka favorite girl cousin) to see dmom today. We'll have lunch with her too. I think it was pouring rain the last time we went together, too.

I got out of bed at 9:30 - was up in the night getting dd home from airport. She was originally getting in around midnight, then 1:15, , then 2 a.m. and finally it was 2:30. I went to bed at 10 and slept until 1:15, when I checked on whether she was coming in at 2:45. Then slept another hour (poorly) to get up at 2:20 and pick her up with dh, who went with me. I just hated the thought of her taking an Uber in the middle of the night. (This is the woman who toured Israel, Macedonia, Italy on her own, and while in Israel thought nothing of taking the bus to Aman, Jordan by herself, or going to the West Bank.)

So I need to get moving today. I texted dcousin already.

-breakfast and meds
-call assisted living place about lunch
-clean up - brush and floss, wash up get dressed
-clear kitchen counters
-clear breakfast bar counter

After I see dcousin I need to vote.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:49 am

CI ~ I am up on time.
Qt x. Journaling x
Planning done.
Breakfast done.
Put away rocks i painted yesterday done.
Now to get going on my daily doings.
S2s x
Ex. X
Meds. X

I am feeling some what better. It cooled off over nite so that helps.

Waving to everyone.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:57 am

Morning...

I am having a difficult time sleeping these days. Think I know why ... got my lab reports back yesterday. I asked to have my hormones checked for several reasons, lack of sleep, fatigue and inability to keep my weight down and low and behold... just as I suspected... I’m not low, I don’t have any :shock:

Remember this happened to me several years ago. I have lost all hair on my body, so that was my first clue. My thyroid is normal. Vitamin D is also low even though I’m taking 10,000 units daily to help my migraines. Sodium which we thought were gonna be low due to my leg/foot/ankle cramps are normal.

My dr asked if I had a hormonal dr and I said no and asked for a referral for one.

It will be hot here today with possibilities of monsoon storms later this afternoon. I am making a cheese cake and am eyeing several areas in my home to start decluttering. I don’t have a schedule like Nancy but I’d like to get it all done by Cmas. As long as I stay motivated I can get it done. Need to work inside the house while it’s hot outside.

Perry’s waiting and sonis my second cup of coffee. Waving to y’all.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

!

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:04 am

you have to be exhausted d twins! I have that on this end (I am the driver for the airport but that middle of the night or early before dawn is a killer). dd elder has traveled the world and worked in paris and I still do the airport thing. :D I don't mind (lol most of the time ) but boy that hits you the next day.
yay on your morning routine d twins!

hi d nancy!
BWTG for having the morning routine under your belt already!
glad you are feeling a bit better

hi d rose! gosh that makes so so much sense! Hope they can help you figure this out! stay safe with the weather. wishing you the best!

have a wonderful day everyone!

my kitchen part of the morning routine done. now to bring laundry downstairs
I will be doing errands this morning

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:41 am

heading out.
vacuumed first floor (trying to do this daily bc animals are shedding)
emptied dw and put morning dishes in
folded towels that dh put on the dining room table yesterday and put them away today.
(why not fold and put away 8-) )
time to s2s and see you later alligator

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Good morning everyone! My morning has started with a crisis, which I have done my part for and it is out of my hands. My traveling companion friend is visiting her family here and the cats got one of the small birds (a pet, not a wild one). She was able to get the cats away and locked into other rooms, but does not know if the bird is ok, has no transportation for a vet trip, cannot get it back into its cage (too high), and could not get hold of xBFF (bird and cat owner). She wanted contact info for pet sitter, also could not contact. I emailed xBFF with high importance and a header with "POSSIBLE EMERGENCY with bird" in it. She got that and whatever needs to be done will be done. Obviously, being an hour away in Work City meant I could not be available for bird care. I have no knowledge of bird care, but do know where a bird vet is. I am hoping that the cats were too busy fighting each other over who gets the bird to actually damage it. This is a harmless little parakeet, not one of the demon chickens or the intimidating parrot. (To be fair, the parrot has done nothing to me or anyone else, it just makes me nervous and is horribly loud). Traveling companion friend and I did not have a chance to talk about her visit to my house this weekend. Just wasn't a priority.

I did the first three items of the chore bingo last night. Mine were master bedroom floor, sewing room floor, and hallway. MBR looks good enough to call it done now. DD's room needs only a sweeping. Sewing room needs massive help, but there won't be time for that. Kitchen and living room are total disasters. In the kitchen, if I can mop and clear the table, it should be good enough, though some countertop clearing would help. LR needs clearing of the coffee table and the project table and sweeping. I don't know what to do with the project table in the long term. I needed it post-surgically, but can't figure out what to do with it now. It came from the x's great aunt, one of my favorite people on the planet, so I would like to keep it. In addition, it is useful, just badly placed right now. I am also getting two bookcases from the x's house. I know where one is going - DD's room. Not sure about the other. Maybe swap out one of the sewing room ones? Wish my dad would visit again, I need an interior designer. It's funny how I am now getting things I liked from the x's house, but had to leave. I'm glad the great aunt did not live to see the divorce, though it would have been highly entertaining to see how a Southern lady would handle the other woman - grace, style, and icy politeness for both adulterers. And most likely, the x's share in her will would have gone instead to DD.

Other things I got done: checked a credit card statement, LOLs complete with put away. I did not cook, but did get stuff from the freezer, so I will eat lunch today.

Back to the waitlist report.

ETA: The bird is back in its cage, obviously still alive.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Sitting down with a glass of ice tea for a break.

I was out the door early this morning to take DMom to 2 medical test. Then I took her to the pharmacy and hardware store. I dd a few chores for her when taking her home.

It is almost noon but I'm just now getting to start on my day. I've got DS9 doing his math lesson while I try to get the other lessons set up for the day. But first.....I wanted to come here for a small break.

On the way home from town, I got a call requesting DS9 (and me) to ride on a float in the next 4 parades and rodeo events for the "Pie Guy". Ths friend is campaigning for re=election for district judge. Part of me groans at adding more things to our schedule for this month but I think this is a good experience for DS9. I want to teach him to pay attention to and learn about the election process and issues up for a vote.

My tea glass is empty so my break is over. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”