thursday/friday australia Let the games begin

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: thursday/friday australia Let the games begin

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Yay!!! Have an appointment with a PA that specializes in post-menopausal hormone issues for Aug. 29th. Hopefully she will get me straightened out and on the right track to feeling better. Not much out there abt this unless you know you have an issue. I am so thankful that my previous PA who no longer does this was able to identify my past problems so I knew what to look for this time. Makes me wonder about other women my age who face the same issues. I just had a mammogram and have no cancer issues with my health or with any of my family members including my mom and grandmothers.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:33 pm

I hope you can get this sorted,out, RR. Is your appt with an endocrinologist?

I didn't manage to do that last list before I took off, realized I was going to be late late late if I didn't head out. After I got dcousin home, I went and voted. I had offered to take her by her voting place while we were out but it was raining so hard she said she would rather get home, and go out later when the rain lessened.

I need to double back on a.m. routine first.
-kitchen and breakfast bar counter
-make the bed
-fold two loads of laundry

Still raining pretty good. No walk for ddog yet.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Thursday/friday Australia Let the games begin

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:11 pm

I have the rig w a/c so did errands. Did a rock drop, took book donation to library, dropped our mail in ballots at the drop box, took donations in, store run accomplished. Went to Joann's got happy planner notes pages 75% off. Love my happy planners, using the mini size now.

:idea:
An oops decluttered grater so replaced that at the thrift shop so now I can grate up the zucchinni for zuchinni (hash) browns.

I cooked up some mush w veg, for the hens.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norma

Postby Norma » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:16 pm

Happy to hear about your appointment Rosie. After our visit yesterday I was hoping something good would happen for you real soon. This just might be it. I am keeping good thoughts and anxious to see you the end of September. :D

Things are going along good here for me. I am sure noticing my aging though. It takes me longer and longer to get things done. :roll: Right now I am working room by room on my house and things are looking spiffy. :) Mr. Guy keeps saying I need to get some help but the only drawback on that is that he wants to Interview anyone who applies for the job. Like, how old, is she pretty, etc. Sure! :lol: :roll:

Happy Day all! :D
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:55 pm

I did that round plus started the dishwasher, a lol, and walked the ddog, since the rain seems to have stopped. I also made an appt for a mani-pedi tomorrow.

I am going to work on my critique of the last ProGen proof argument now. It's nicely done so shouldn't take a long time but I doubt I'll get through it before I need to spiff up to go out tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:33 pm

Twins wtg, I am gaving trouble trying to get going.
Grated one zuchinni, had some w egg for lunch some will be salad for dinner. Froze some for later that is all grated up. Cleaned up after that. Hens are fed and out for free range time now. I thinned a few plums for them to eat.

Got paperwork sorted from desk left from yesterday yea for tasks completed.

H. Is home. It is hot snd windy red flag warnings up so no grilling with brickets. :idea: I will do a pretend bbq inside using the stove with my sug free bbq sauce.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:42 pm

I didn't get to join in the Chore Bingo but I did finish 51 SHE cards today. I am going to stop for the day and relax a bit.

Tomorrow we are leaving early in the morning to take kids and friend to a indoor water park as part of DS9 birthday celebration. Last year we spent a couple of days/nights there but we didn't have any extra kids with us. I am holding firm to my "no overnight sleepovers with friends" rule so instead of staying the night, we will make the drive there and back tomorrow. The round-trip drive is about 3.5 hours on cr*ppy, one lane, no shoulders highways that go through small towns about every 5 miles so I can't say I'm looking forward to that part of the day. But other than that I think we will have a good time. DH will be there to help monitor the kids plus about a dozen lifeguards so hopefully, the day will be drama free & filled in with the fun moments.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:11 pm

I keep posting too late at night. :(

The last few days have been crazy and when dmom called at 2:00 a.m. this morning, I almost had a crying jag. But she is okay and wants to wait till tomorrow to see if she needs to have doctor re-check the cast he put on Tues.

So glad Mr Dee is doing well!

Sounds like a good plan, LadyM! Happy birthday to ds9-soon to be 10! Wow... time flies!

Waving to all!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:34 pm

Norma, hire a good-looking butler or handyman. That should be fine. ;) Glad to hear you're happy with how the house is keeping nice. I know I have too many irons in the fire.

Best wishes, Ramblin'. Don't know why you would have such rapid depletion of D. Glad you're going to someone who is well versed in all this. (Also glad you knew the right things to ask - for that hormonal blood work to be done. You could have been going on indefinitely with this.) Sleeping should be better with general balancing by an experienced dr.

lucylee, glad you didn't have such an urgent event with your dmother after all.

Dee was able to report. Dee, get some rest.

Elizabeth, good news that the bird may survive - I hope so. Whew.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:02 pm

Not a lot to report, but enjoyed reading everybody's busy day here. RRose I sure hope that dr. is able to sort it all out for you.

I am just tired out. Today I made myself go out and do another outside job. It's not the 93° temps that bother me so much as a combination of that and the humidity that is up in the high 90% most of the time. I really can't stand cold weather because we are so used to this heat, but I did get unused to working out in it.

I tackled the stack of mulch bags and I got 3 done before I actually felt weak and shaky and came in. I guess I overate then trying to feel better... and I took a nice rest stretched out on the couch... and a couple hours later went back out and got the rest of the bags emptied and spread around the bushes all the way across the front. We determined we probably need 2-3 more bags but I told DH not to be in a hurry to bring them in because it is a lot for me to do this kind of work.

He has been busy weeding and cutting the hay field / lawn and he has weeded everything and cut the grass 3 times in a week just getting the tall stuff lopped off. With all the trimming and mulching done it is finally looking good around here. I'm sure my neighbors are relieved we've finally taken care of the outside.

I do have a long list for tomorrow, hopefully I will feel better and be able to get more done.

Return to “Post When You Can”