Saturday, time with family, catch up, outside work?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Saturday, time with family, catch up, outside work?

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:19 am

What do you have going on today?

ALSO THREE CHEERS FOR ALL THOSE ON CHORE BINGO - RAH RAH RAH! HUZZAH! YAY FOR YOU!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday, time with family, catch up, outside work?

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:04 am

I'm up and thankful that my biggest concern is lack of sleep. Last night was not much fun. DS9 had legs cramps for hours. I gave DS9 pain meds, mustard and massaged his legs over and over. Meanwhile, I was command central on keeping family & friends informed on DBro progress. DSIL called when it started and was very upset and so shaken that she could barely talk. While talking to her to calm her down, I offered to be the one to field the calls and keep everyone informed and DSIL immediately accepted my offer. Our smaller hospital doesn't have the operating room staffed 24/7 so they had to call everyone back to work. It took a couple hours to assemble the surgery team and get set up. Once that was accomplished then DBro surgery lasted about 45 minutes. Within 4 hours of arriving at the hospital, DBro was in the recovery room. He is expected to be in the hospital for 5-7 days.

I have finished my morning water so I'm going to drink my cup of coffee while getting the day organized. brb
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:51 am

I have a busy day - we are leaving in the a.m. for another trip - at this point I just want to stay home a while and enjoy my life quietly but off we go!

Goals for the day
-laundry we need?
-complete discussion questions for Monday's online chat which I will miss
-turn in feedback for three in my ProGen group
-deal with basil?
-grocery? Do we need anything for dd, who will stay here with ddog?
-packing
-leave house in decent condition

Dcleaning lady ended up taking the week off - she was running late yesterday and has the "400 mile yard sale" going on where she has a booth set up, so I suggested we just skip the week and she will catch up next week.

Dkids are coming for pizza for supper tonight but I said I AM NOT COOKING TONIGHT! This was dh's idea and it's fine if they come for pizza but I have things to do and want to focus on being ready.

Right now:
-change clothes and walk the ddog before it gets hotter
-breakfast and meds
-assess laundry - I know I need to sew on a button before washing shorts
-work on discussion questions
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:52 am

hi d twins and d lady!

heading to jamba juice with youngest dd (she is working again today yay!!! 5 days clear - last night her body hurt but not her head!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:55 am

Done with that round, and starting finishing up feedback for others and uploading that. I started towels in the washer.

Trying to figure out what to take - lows in the 50s most nights and highs only around 78 two days, with afternoon T-storms possible.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Hoping Elizabeth and Ramblin' are feeling better today.

Hoping LadyM can find some rest! (feel better ds9)

Twins', pizza night seems helpful - spend your time making sure you aren't missing anything before you travel.

HRH has pulled a muscle and is limping around, complaining. He'll get better soon, I'm sure. But he is definitely mad at whatever caused it, and madder that he's not sure what it was!

Had a note from dd to please wash the jeans she had laid on the washer. She went to work early because of an installation of upcoming art show, with very tall heavy art. :shock: Her co-worker yesterday is height-challenged and a tiny girl anyway, which has never mattered. But in this situation, dd has been the only one who can hammer in the hangers, so even though she didn't get home until 9:30 p.m., there's a lot of work left for this a.m. I think the young man surprised her, too, by saying he is at loose ends today - she expected him to be busy but now he may come by.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:43 pm

hello again - I had a two hour talk with dd's outside - very nice until it got hot. now i feel lazy!

hope mr. HRH feels better, d rose feels better and d elizabeth feels better and d lady d son no longer has leg cramps. !

d harriet I am so excited for your dd!
hi d twins yay on your rounds - where are you going for that type of weather?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:48 pm

I am going to go with dd younger to a photo ranch journey in colorado (she paid for her but I will pay for my flight) - just to be near just in case of an emergency. A little worried bc I don't know if I can handle the altitude. I think we will have to take a puddle jumper from Denver to get to this place. I am not a fan of puddle jumper planes any more.

Tomorrow we will set up our flights and our car rental.

back to reality. asking dd older to help me with the pool.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:54 pm

dh is frustrating me... his old man issues are getting more and more one sided.
every time I turn on the sprinkler he turns it off. so frustrating. he said this time it was making his outside weather monitor wet... it's outside on the house. (when it rains it gets wet :shock: )

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:01 pm

Morning...

It’s simple Saturday for me. I’m simply going to do what ever I want.

Feeling much better and slept better than I have in a while.

LadyM... I have discovered that by adding 500mgs, 1/4 tsp, of salt to my 1/2 gallon of water of Propell that my leg cramps are much better. Your DS10 probably got dehydrated from all the fun he was havhaving yesterday. I tried everything else for my leg cramps and though yellow mustard help relieve them... I take a serving spoon worth, the cramps return. I’ve also discovered if I either wrap my calves in a electric heating pad or just lying on them after an episode they don’t return..

Ceasar the Dog whisperer is on. I watch him on Saturdays with my second cup of coffee to reinforce what I have learned.My trainer is on vacation right now... we’re taking a break because it is so hot outside. Willis is swimming in our pool now instead of his walk... which is a mile ... till the temps come down.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”