Sunday — Day of Rest?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Sunday — Day of Rest?

Postby lucylee » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:12 am

To honestly make Sunday a day of rest for me is kinda laughable. I think Saturday is really my day of rest, despite the long afternoon nap I usually try to get on Sunday.
Sunday is (usually)
— Church
— Allergy Shots
— Wmart
— Garbage to the road
— Dgrands for an hour or so
Plus dh cuts coupons and sometimes we do the dishwasher on Sunday. (I don’t run it every day.)
So... it’s a busy day. No grands today, though.

However you spend Sunday, I hope you have a great day!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday — Day of Rest?

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:24 am

I think of Sunday as a day of rest but it is mostly just a mental thing. I do try for a couple hours of downtime on Sunday afternoon that doesn't typically happen on other days.

My plans for the day -
** Family Birthday party for DS10. Birthday decorations (done), cake & candles (done), gifts (done) and singing Happy Birthday (done)
** Attending church and teaching Children Church. Today I'm taking a Happy Birthday sheet cake to church. There are many friends who have been with us from the beginning of raising DS10 so we will have another quick celebration with them. It truly takes a community to raise a child.......especially when you're doing it in your 60's. I appreciate them.
** Lunch at our favorite place. I am reserving a table for a dozen friends/family. We will have them serve DS10 a cake with a candle and do a group singing of Happy Birthday to him.
** Home to rest and renew before gearing up for the week.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:38 am

thrilled for d twins going to colorado springs! have a wonderful time.

sweet d lucy and d lady - good morning!!!! wishing you the best day ever!

hello all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:42 am

still trying to fight the feeling that I am so far behind. working on that this week and working on not getting anxiety from it.

I have been fighting the tide of clutter coming into the house each day - all mindless thinking items. (not at all intentional from myself and my family - that's my goal this week is to be truly mindful what I have in my hands and put it away right away as well as working with family to do the same.)

I have to force myself outside every day - which I love tremendously but don't take the time to do bc I always feel like I am behind. I miss my beach time so I have to take it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:50 am

Up early did a bit of paint touch up while it was still quiet and cool outside.
Hosed off the lattice work before it goes back up.

Was done walking ddog by six thirty, set the back sprinkler before we left.
Painted sealer on some rocks.

I am laying down to rest a bit now. H. Will be up in a bit and I will begin kit. duty....

Thanks blessed.

Got the deck furniture back on the deck on the dry area that is done yea! I got the spaces between deck boards painted or tried to. That is drying now.

Hydration break. One church we used to attend mets in the high school, but had to go bavk to the church today bc of a power outage at the high school.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:01 pm

you are doing so much and doing so much so well d nancy!

flip flopped more laundry. I have one more load to do. I have been keeping up with the laundry; which is nice

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:12 pm

Sunday is a day of rushing for me many times, and sometimes a day of anxiety, BUT the concept of rest and Sabbath does come later in the day, yes. And I appreciate it very much. Often when I make a plan - say a month's worth or a year's worth of a project, I omit one day a week with Sabbath thinking. Not just for school-year, or a work schedule, although the school year schedules I have made SO many times are a good example, as are exercise schedules. :idea:

Another thing that happens with both/all our extended family is that folks consider this to be the best visiting day of the week. You go to visit cousin so-and-so because you want to, but also because you SHOULD, and let's face it, cousin so-and-so is likely to be better dressed today after all ;) and more likely to think your visit was not such a surprise. :) Now here's my problem with this historic tradition - church often has something that evening, too! Many times I've had the anxiety (there's that word again) of having to decide between staying home to visit with family members who showed up, and a church study/meal/whatever that is going on at the same time. And if it's a meal, I should cook. Cooking sounds like work becomes the problem again, doesn't it? Nope. Since I can't do it well anyhow, for me anxiety's the problem again. :lol:

Dd and coworkers tried and tried to get their schedule changed so that today's work made sense, but no one has paid attention to their texts for days. So the coworker who dreams of more hours must leave in disappointment after just a few hours that weren't worth the gasoline. And dd must go take her place when she had hoped to finally have a day off. Coworker sent her an audio of what she's listening to there, so funny. Someone is using the concert grand piano today to give first lessons to children. Oh, so adorable to hear and yet OH, so nerve-wracking. ♫ ϟ ♫ ϟ ♫ But in a really fancy place! If it's true the instrument can encourage the desire, those kids will have a wonderful memory.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:41 pm

We are finished celebrating DS10 birthday. Lunch was much more celebrating than I expected. We just kept adding chairs to our long tables of family & friends. DS10's pediatrician was at the restaurant and ended up joining us. Plus a couple of district judges. I am grateful that DS10 has some wise mentors that have him on their radar.

DS10 received an Xbox gift card as a birthday gift which leads me to spend some time going the all the privacy and security settings. I'm going to allow DS10 to play Xbox for an hour a day. I am unsure about allowing an hour a day but am trying to find a balance. This is MUCH less time than most of his friends. I have a firm rule - no screens of any kind until DS10 chores & school work is done. Once those are done DS10 can play Xbox which monitors the minutes and turns itself off after 1 hour. Life was simpler when raising our kids 40 years ago.......cell phones & xbox didn't exist!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:51 pm

hi d harriet - I AM glad you get to rest later in the day!
d harriet actually that is a very smart way of planning a project.

lol re: little one playing piano!! so true

happy birthday to your sweet ds 10! d lady!

hi d nancy

waving at you d lucy -

dd younger - I helped her pull stuff out of her car - it was in the front hall and.... dun dun dun.... the dogs found the pretzels and when I came back in the pretzels were all over the floor :? :lol:

I want this anxiety to go away. some times it hits me and I can't get rid of it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Waving to all, I loaded the dishes in the dishwasher. I got the floors swept & mopped, spiffed the kit. Counters and cleaned the sinks. Dumped trash yea for progress!

Return to “Post When You Can”