Monday Moves

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Monday Moves

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:33 am

What will you be moving today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Monday Moves

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:47 am

I am up and have a good start on my SHE cards for the day. However, I am being a tad lazy for a few minutes because my Fitbit is on the charger and I am reluctant to take steps that don't get counted. LOL. On one hand that thought process is ridiculous, but on the other hand it tells me how much wearing the Fitbit motivates me to move.

Today is homeschool day #21. It feels like the quiet before the storm because we are still in gear up mode. We are focusing on getting the many curriculums off to a good start for each of the categories = Bible, Math, Reading, English, History & Science. The extra classes will be added into the homeschool schedule in a couple weeks = COOP classes, Piano lessons, band class.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:04 am

Hi, LadyM.

Well, moving furniture too early in the morning - HRH thought he'd mistakenly kicked a cat dish under a "rolling" cabinet that is really too heavy to be called "rolling", lol. At any rate, we were pulling and tugging that thing out only to find it wasn't under there. BUT the area really needed to be cleaned. Sigh. (I'd have gone through life today quite happy not to have seen that) So there I was scrubbing that while he searched for the disappeared dish, which was behind the trash can all along.

Speaking of cleaning
Report - I like the Dy son. It seems to have more suction power than others, as much as the big O reck or more. I'm not sure but I think it would lift a carpet up if you left it sitting. A heavily-trafficked area of carpet that was getting a packed-down look was almost fluffy again. It is not as free-moving as you see on commercials IMO. I can get the same graceful movements out of it, but it's not effortless as the lady makes it look. And the front is wide, of course - it would have to be, to rest on the large ball. Not surprising, but it doesn't swish between chair legs or whatever as easily as my recent inexpensive one has done. The wand is not exactly intuitive, but once you understand it, it works well with a good reach.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:10 pm

Moving through the medical complex — doctor sent dh for chest x-ray and told him to see family doctor about congestion
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:35 pm

hello hello i am starting very late today. moving the chest out of the family room.
hopefully moving this body on the tread mill

have a great day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:36 pm

I have been on the move I did a rock drop, and a store run. Busted by the shopping cart cart police for not pushing my cart in all the way. Some ones ocd was out of control! LOL! :roll: I just said sorry sore toe, after she ripped on me. I was just glad I got the hens sack of feed on the rig w out help. (Lots on my mind, I was considwring leaving it beside the rig and not returnung it at all.)

On my way down was able to wave at h. Going by in work truck when I was leaving the rock trading post.

Food is put away. Hydrating and taking a breather. 111* is our mid week forecast eeks!
I have dinner in the crock pot cooking on the deck.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:59 pm

I am thinking of you while you work d nancy!

gosh i got the OCD but mine is with ADHD

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:03 pm

it took me the last hour to empty out a stash place i did a long time ago :shock: mostly to do with photos when dd younger was trying to find a school - 5 years maybe??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
my photos (I hope are all in one area)
tossing 2 beat up laundry baskets.

I am so tired of stuff and putting things off that seem like big projects. dd younger and dh and myself are a huge reason of the clutter - mine and dd youngers is out and about and dh has multiples on shelves and drawers.

i will finish the process and fine more things to put together.

I have not started my routines or home blessing yet.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:15 pm

Good morning all! I survived the weekend. My houseguest (taveling companion friend) decided not to accompany me to the Saturday animal org + knit/crochet group. She watched a movie during that time and she, DD16, and I went to dinner afterward. Foster cat Chelsea has returned to the house after a campout at the cat coordinator's house. New foster Gypsy Rose is installed in the sewing room and is no longer "sloonching". Sloonching is what I call it when they are walking around new people, low to the ground and uncertain. She wants to get out, but I am not going to do that until I hear from the vet about Briggs, who had a swollen back foot Sunday. He was only favoring it slightly, still walking, running, and jumping, so no ER visit.

Sunday, we all went to an animal org event at a lunch place. This made me miss church. My attendance has been very sporadic this summer. Friend and I went shopping (necessities only), DD went to youth group, and friend spotted me on the ladder while I worked on the roof leak. She asked my why my x didn't do things like that for me. Um ... (1) he is my X (2) I don't want to depend on his schedule (3) I don't want to be indebted to him (4) sense of satisfaction of DIY (5) bad example to DD not to manage my own house, and (6) better to depend on yourself or hired help than depend on men who may or may not be capable or reliable and will expect "services" in return. I told my friend she had just met my "boyfriend", the one on the ladder who looks just like me. Of course, she stays with the xBFF, who always has a man to take care of things like this. Sometimes her boyfriend, but more often a mutual friend uses his vacation time to fly out to help her. Even my x does for her! I offered to show xBFF how to do roofwork, but she wanted someone to do it for her and left the leaks until catastrophic failure. If you can ice a cake you can caulk a roof.

My stomach is better, but I am still very aware of it. Several DPCs are done, one more to go. This evening's things to do: clear some stuff from my car, put away the sofa bed and guest bedding, weekend's leftovers to freezer, LOL put away, laundry room cleanup, and possibly retrieve Briggs. Last time I had a limping cat, it was osteosarcoma + fibrosarcoma, so I am worried, though I recognize it as an unrealistic fear.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:10 pm

Taking a break to regroup and breathe. DS10 has forgotten how to subtract multiple digits. He knows this! He did it last week with no problem. I really wish he was faking this. He is having zero success relearning the process. We both need to take a step back and reduce the stress level. I can't help but wonder if all the sugar from celebrating his birthday is causing this lack of thinking ability?
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”