Tuesday Two things - Rinse and Repeat

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday Two things - Rinse and Repeat

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:22 pm

hitting a wall - we had 3 " of rain in a very short time. (flood warnings are out)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:36 pm

Dinner is done dishes are rinsed, time to consider after dinner and evening routine. The guys at h. Work will be off the hottest day this week and cooler Sat. Work expected on the weekend, at least I got a heads up. so my sat. Plans are foiled but I am flexible.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:03 pm

Another day on the road -- only a couple hours, but when I get home, I am just T I R E D and have a terrible case of the donwannas.
No problem with getting allergy shots, talked to dmom for a bit on the way, got home, cooked supper, s/s kitchen, several phone calls from ds/ddil (separately). (See J&C) I know ddil feels a little anxious about missing dgs's first days of first grade, but she is also VERY anxious about her ddad and I'm glad it worked out that she could stay with him for a while. Her dmom and dbro both work and ddil is pretty much free for the rest of the month.
I told ds, the only conflict we will have is the very last weekend of the month/first of Sept. DS will be on the road then also, and we have only 2 tickets to a ballgame in Atlanta. We will have to find babysitter then, IF ddil is still with her parents. I can tell she is hopeful she will be back here by then.

Plans are foiled but I am flexible.

Yes, Nancy... IKWYM... I was just thinking, what is that saying? We make plans and God laughs? Yes.

We had just a bit of rain -- well, not here, but on the road when I was going to get the allergy shots. I think the sun was still out. 40% chance of rain at the festival this weekend, so I'm thinking ahead a little for that. Sometimes places like that have big circus-style tents set up and rain is not a problem. Sometimes, rain is just a big mess for everything. So I'm hoping we will have good weather b/c it's really hard to deal with keeping everyone and everything dry with a six year old in the mix. :roll:
(Sending good weather wishes Twins' way, too!)

Sadie, what are you using as your planning system? Did I miss something?
I am just in awe of you with all you have going on! I know those two babies must be a handful, but I imagine they provide lots of smiles through the day, too. Hang in there; sounds like you're getting everything into a manageable routine! WTG!!!

LadyM said:
I find this somewhat scary how much what we eat affects on our ability to think clearly.

I should really do some experimenting with this and see how I could improve myself...

Waving to blessed and EVERYONE ELSE!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Just trying to catch up with last evening and 1st page today. If someone won the lottery on page 2 I may not know until tomorrow, but I'll catch up as soon as I can!

Kasalia, I do pretty well with planners for a few weeks, then see-saw back to less use of planner, more cardfile, then pick up planner again. I don't know why I will sometimes just look over at planner and realize I've haven't written in it a while.

LadyM, cardfile, yes one type or another, I go back to that, and probably always with the visual of them in my mind even if I'm doing somthing else.

Lynlee, you will be a good teacher/example. Imperfection encourages others! They see they don't have to be perfect.

((Dee)) I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

((Harmony)) so tough to "let" a good friend move.

Up before 6 this a.m. in a mad dash to get dd to the airport on time. Everything accomplished, and even though the highway was greatly slowed, we were on schedule.

Back home to change, then to the study. Pretty good sized group. Co-teacher was very good.

Back again to change back into comfort ;) , very hungry, and before I could even get a glass of water in me there was a knock at the door. A friend had come to visit. HRH was mowing the grass, so for a while I needed to be very social in my grungy clothes and weary attitude, lol. But then he also came in and we really did have a good visit.

Marginal lunch and then I fell asleep on the couch! :roll:

This evening HRH and I have done all dd's usual chores - learning. Axol the walking fish was asleep but he knew it was time for his food and he walked over and swished, and flared his gills, very alert. He approaches cuteness.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:54 pm

Peeking in for a second because I have a story from today to share.

Was walking to the bus, felt something on my leg, asked dh to look while I walked. He could see nothing but then commented that my hem was coming down on one side. I figured I'd safety pin in place when I got the hair dresser. Ignore the weird feeling of something brushing on my leg.

Get off the bus. As I step down, something feels wrong. Take a step away. Nope, something iswrong. Dh looks and can't see anything wrong. Bus drives away. The loose thread was caught in the door so in a moment, the WHOLE hem was undone!

Thankfully, the thread broke so I didn't have to run alongside the bus.

Got to the hair dresser. He said I was lucky that I wasn't wearing a knit skirt and watching it unravel, row by row while I'm spinning on the sidewalk!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:39 pm

Lol Kathryn...you could have been spinning like a top!!! Hope your hair turned out well.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:34 pm

Yipes, Kathryn. That's how Isadora Duncan died! (well, it was her scarf, so... lots more dangerous than a thread) But honestly, I thought you were going to describe some insect that was avoiding Ken's gaze. You nearly had a wardrobe malfunction.

helia, so good to see you. dd uses the printer near my desk rather often and sees my screen, though she seldom sits at my desk. She had just commented the other day that she "doesn't see the green posts as much". :D i told her, yep and I miss the green post-er! How is your younger dd enjoying her designing at college?

Sadie, that sounds like such a lovely time with the little ones. Hope your dbrother is doing well.

LadyM, I'm so pleased to hear the math methods were just clouded by circumstance!

Tomorrow must be my errand day. I wish it could be a calmer one after driving so much and spending so much time with the study group and visitor, but the rest of the week has crowded to it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Bw2, thank you for thinking of me, we were in the thick of the bad weather here on Monday. I posted in Wednesday thread before I looked back and saw your question.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”