Wednesday What We Do

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Wednesday What We Do

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:35 am

I find it very enjoyable to read what you do for yourself and others.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday What We Do

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:17 am

Today is the last Wednesday before public school starts. This time next week DGD7 will go to school. I have no clue what DD plans to do with the puppy while DGD7 is in school, but I have no intention of the puppy staying here without DGD7.

I was up at 4:30am today. DD dropped DGD7 and the puppy off early this morning. DSIL has an appointment in the big city to schedule a surgery to remove his gallbladder. What should have been a simple outpatient surgery has turned into a life-threatening multiple month ordeal. Hopefully DSIL has reached a point in recovery that he can have this surgery.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:45 am

The green post-er! :mrgreen: LOL! I like that! Thank you, Harriet. Thanks for asking about dd20. Can you believe she's 20 now? She likes her program a lot! And she's doing well. She won the department award last year and also had a dress chosen for the show. However, she's decided to switch to Tech Design, which I don't fully understand. From what I understand: this degree will give her an advantage applying for jobs at a different point in the industrial process. She'll be more technical - I guess, taking designers' pictures and translating them into real life garments that would look good on real people instead of the stick thin figures the designers are taught to draw. So, she'd be doing a lot of pattern creation, which she likes, and using more software to do her job. She would be further removed from the creative process, which makes her a little sad. . . She said she could work as a go between for designers and the company's warehouse, I think. . . She's also doing a minor in art history and probably also creative writing. She has a 110 page story she's revising right now. And she plays in a community band and is looking for a fall internship, I believe. That would be good. I don't know how she has time to do it all. She's a bit like dh in that respect.
And where is your DD off to? How is she liking CS? Is she still dating the young man?

I miss you guys too! Maybe I'll try to pop in more often. I just need to be careful I don't let this machine suck me in and take too much of my time, which is in high demand these days. I currently have a pretty heavy workload - 16 classroom hours - plus I'm developing a new class for the school. We did all our summer travels early this year, so I'm pretty much home from now on.

I'll be out of the house 1 - 7 pm today. I'll also be out for 1 hour this a.m. asap to get my jog done.

My day today:
- Jog - short
- stuff around the house (clean sheets on dd20's bed, some vacuuming, maybe some laundry
- payroll: prep at home, teach 2 class (4 hours)
- meeting with my Circles friends (Circles is a national org whose goal is to lift people out of poverty; I'm paired with one person in poverty and a second middle class person)
- dinner and evening routine
- welcome dh and dd20 home from their backpacking adventure

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:47 am

What I do for myself? Not very much. What I do for others? That seems to be the vast majority of my life outside work (which is also very much "others" related).

Today is a payroll day, which means that I leave here in about 20 minutes, and get home at 7pm. When I leave work, I always have all sorts of lists in my head of things I'll do when I get home. Once I arrive, however, it's quite a different story! :lol: The fact that we're under a heat warning AND an air quality warning this week won't help anything. There's a lot of smoke in the air from the wildfires in British Columbia, and temperatures are supposed to reach 36*C (97*F) by Friday! Hot weather and I are not BFFs!

Time to get ready for work....I'll try to pop back in during the day. Perhaps I can use short lists here to be more productive at work.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:47 am

OH my goodness! Our dgs13 is here already. Unheard of him to be up so early. Of course the fact that his xbox is plugged into our TV (because we have internet) is a big calling card.

I have a LOL in the dryer and will be going up to retrieve it in about 1/2 hour or so. We have a funeral to go this afternoon -well we'll really be leaving this morning. Couple a few RV's down are going with us. They have a big freight liner they drive every where so they're glad to travel in a car. But that means dh has to ride in the back because dfriend is so tall and doesn't fit well in the back.

Think I'll spend the next 1/2 hour cleaning the kitchen. Not that it needs it -oh no! :roll:

Dh and I both laughed out loud LOTS over your story from yesterday, Kathryn.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:46 am

HI everyone!!

Woke up to a marvelous thunderstorm this morning!!

After numerous texts back and forth, everyone decided to stay home from knitting. That was good, because the rain was stopping and I wanted to get some stuff burned. Dh is one of those "Box keepers" and I finally convinced him that it would be okay to get rid of the Dy son box and the Kitchen aid box!! Now they are gone without a trace. I also sorted out 3 bags of hangers that a friend gave me last month sometime. I used all the really heavy duty plastic ones for coats (mostly hunting camo) out in the garage. The rest got sorted by design, and I filled a large green garbage bag with stuff to donate. I have started on bag number 2. I have some books in the trunk as well. I think I will do the book and thrift store this Friday.

We are having ribs and green beans for supper. The garden has really produced a lot in the past week. Rain and heat and sunshine really made a difference. Right now I am actually glistening. :shock: It's hot and humid here right now.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:50 am

Good morning dear ladies

Looks like rain here.

I do lots for several people. For me, I try to sneak away when all is quiet for a bath with Epson salt and a good book. Play music through the day to lift my spirits.

Had a rough night with both babies, hope I can squeeze in a nap when they nap. Work day later too.

Dbrother is doing well, the feeding tube has given him a new lease on life. He pretends he’s eating his favorite things when I feed him. It works for him.

LucyLee I’m using an app called THINGS on my iPad. It lets you set up projects and check them off. For projects I have dailies, one for each day of the week, zone work which is each room of my home. I’m concentrating on the dailies and peek into some of the other projects and choose something easy to check off.

DH is out running errands. I try to do as much as I can for the babies, so he gets a break. He watches the babies when I’m working and it is harder for men especially older men to handle baby care but he does it and we usually laugh over some of his adventures with babies.

Great day to all?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:57 am

Bc of smoke I did my exercise on the stat bike today. I slept in till 6:30 ish. Animals are fed. That is all I have done except coffee. I will be looking for a nullet smoothie maker. Got out my planner & journal have not opened em yet.
I try to learn something every day. Still feeling a bit puny alergies maybe.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:33 am

I was supposed to take dh downtown today but I don't know if that will happen as I didn't sleep last night and woke at 9:30 and he woke at 10 am. The first tour starts at 11 so that is definitely out.. lol.

I am getting excited to see the new Architectural Museum that opens August 31rst.

wishing you a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:34 am

so nice to have everyone coming in.. Lovely!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”