Wednesday What We Do

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Wednesday What We Do

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:35 am

bittersweet, it would be great to see you "jotting down" short lists here, whether work or home related! Stay cool! (is it possible?) Hope your dmother's health is on an even keel.

I understand what bittersweet means about doing for others - sometimes I ask myself, what exactly do I do for myself, again? lol! It's not exactly like that, of course, but many times it seems like it. The satisfying items/chores I complete are seldom aimed at "me", exactly. But they are still satisfying!

helia, I can understand the hope of gathering technical aspects of design into her education experience. That is wise in this tech world. She can impress potential employers with her creativity, plus they'll also know she can meet future tech needs as well. I can believe (but not readily accept) that she is 20 because my dd is not far away from it. She's very close to a decision to zero in on Digital Art as her art major, which she finds pairs well with her Computer Science. She's working at the univ's Gallery setting up shows, and because of that, when the Gallery decided on a show by their employees she was asked for several pieces of her own. That was a highlight of her summer.

Yes, the young man is still in the picture, and the only one who is. No hint of formal decisions. But this trip is with his family, part vacation/sight-seeing and part a visit to a grandmother. He graduated with a dual degree in Fine Art and Digital Art and went into graphic design with a company locally. He's hoping to get back into video graphics design for sports teams, which was the univ job he had to give up when he lost student status.

I need to admit to myself that it's Errand Day. I resist this every week. Grocery list needs to be completed, fridge depleted ( :lol: ) of anything that can be tossed or re-grouped! Already spent part of the morning making sure I'm ready for bank and PO.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:51 am

much love to all of you throughout your day!

heading out - dh wants to go - I bought tickets and we have to hustle downtown
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Looking in from Colorado Springs, we will be heading home tomorrow for a late night arrival. Glad I won’t have all this food and drink available at home!

We were at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo on Monday when a storm hit there, sheltering in the “Reptile house” where overhead skylights were broken out which left hail, rain and glass coming down and ricocheting toward us. There was a small area w a sheet rock ceiling where a bunch of people gathered. Thankfully, we didn’t have a rental car. https://www.npr.org/2018/08/07/63634275 ... -zoo-birds

We are both fine, did some shopping yesterday afternoon. Tonight is dinner and entertainment at a farm type venue.

In other news I got a surprise request to close the sale on mother’s house early on Friday, so that will happen.

Will look in tomorrow when I am able. I need to hit the ground running when I get home.

The damage in this area is unbelievable. They are working on the tile roofs, a lot of trees and landscaping is denuded of leaves, ducks, a swan and a deer were killed at this resort.
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:11 pm

Another day of doing doing doing for others here...
drug store for dmom and dh
Second and third stops for dh
Pick up dgs and take him with me to —
DMom’s house for mom
Visit dmom
Supper w ds/dgs

Waving to all! So good to see helia!
Also enjoyed Kathryn’s story last night! LOL!!!
I could just see that skirt unraveling!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Realizing Twins' already saw that blessed had told us she might be in a hailstorm!

Oh, that video was astonishing. I wouldn't be surprised if ((some animals)) are hurt more than could be determined at first. So glad for an area of plain ceiling, Twins'. HRH had seen it already and told me that the birds were killed. But I didn't put any 2 and 2 together to "get it" that you were close.

Sadie, thanks for the things explanation.

Nancy, I believe my nutri-bullet has been less money for more usefulness than any little appliance I ever bought. It just keeps trucking along and I haven't had to buy anything extra.

Big shopping trip to the healthy foods store. Really stocked up. Bought several favorites of the children, since they will be here tomorrow (large green grapes and not-chicken nuggets). Bought for two new recipes, so very hopeful.

The heat is amazing. Store parking lot had no shade except I guess my engine was shaded a bit. I can't go to that store again in August unless in early morning or late evening. Back home to a tall glass of ice water and a plate from their buffet.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:37 pm

Ribs are in the oven. It's really windy, so I decided to cook inside. Hot is hot, no matter where it is. There is a weather watch and possible tornado warnings.

I haven't really stopped all day. Tidying the library and moving stuff that can go elsewhere so I can use the space for books. I gained an entire shelf because I moved the stuff that was on the top of the bookshelf in the closet. Don't know why I hadn't realized some of this stuff earlier. There are numerous books in my trunk waiting for Friday.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Know it's flash flood warnings here, Cathy. Hope you get no tornadoes. We got over an inch in about 30 minutes -not common for us. Thankfully it had pretty well passed through while I was driving to the funeral in the city. It did start pouring later while we were still in the church however. Had a chance to talk with dfriend's son & dil. Asked her to please come over and sit and chat or a cup of coffee when she felt the need. Found out they'd been here 3-4 times -all when we were away at Drs or the hospital or PT. Found out they're leaving for home in NH in the morning. Said they'd be back Labor Day weekend. There's only 1 RV in between us. Glad they'll be back and perhaps we can have normal chit-chat. They've been here for 13 days and they never expected it to last that long and she had bills past due. We all know about that don't we!

I just took another LOL down to the laundry room. This is the last load. I rarely do more than 1 load at a time. Seems to be too much for me. This will do it for me for several days. Nice! Going to try to go to rehab early tomorrow morning. May see if dh wants to go with me. Oops no I won't. Forget that we have dgs13 that we're responsible for. He stayed in our RV playing with his xbox while we went to the funeral. He's a good kid and is dependable on his own. Legally old enough to stay alone, but we know here at the campground someone needs to be responsible.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:06 pm

I am in serious need of a break. The early morning start plus going non-stop has my energy level hovering on low.

what I can remember I did today includes -
** Homeschooling with DS10 for 6 hours. There was lots of things going on in our house so homeschool took longer than normal.
** DGD7 and 2-month-old puppy care. I am sooooo over having a puppy in the house. Even if it is the cutest thing ever. However, I don't see a solution because there is almost nothing I won't do for DGD7 and she is seriously attached to this puppy.
** Life Long DFriend called twice. First time in a panic asking for prayer for an immediate need. Hours later she called again with answered prayers. Both phone calls took an hour out of my day.
** DGS21 came and ate lunch with me. We teamed up on my laptop to get him enrolled in online college. He was so happy that he might have been walking on clouds when he left our home to return to work. He sent me a text of 19 books that he is looking forward to studying for his classes. It's fun to see young people excited about learning.
** I selected a paint color for outside of the house. DH took my paint color sample to the hardware store and brought home a gallon of paint. I painted several spots so I can see what it looks like after it dries. So far....it looks just as I had hoped.
** It started to sprinkle so I grabbed a handheld fertilizer spreader to put 50lbs of fertilizer on the area that I have been working on in front of the house.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:16 pm

I had low sodium V8, thanks Harriet I could not think of the name of the nutri buillet, all I could think of was bullet. I have a big blender but it is pain to clean up.

I have boiled and peeled eggs for lunches the rest of the week. Put away the rock painting stuff and got it out of the dining room. I cut & greated up and froz. A zuchinni, and then spiffed up the counters got the kitchen cleaned. Wiped down cabinet doors the look better.

Dson stopped by in his work truck we had a nice chat.

Dog decided it was too hot and she peed in the basement. I cleaned it up.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Twins' Mom wrote: Thankfully, we didn’t have a rental car. https://www.npr.org/2018/08/07/63634275 ... -zoo-birds

Wow.

Return to “Post When You Can”