Thursday Traveling

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Thursday Traveling

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:16 am

It seems traveling is a theme for today. Some are traveling home, some are making plans to travel to/from work or school, and some are traveling to help loved ones. I wonder what other travels will happen today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday Traveling

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:35 am

The COOP classes for the fall semester were posted last night. I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed in the selection. None of the classes being offered are a good fit for DS10. I think I will just be grateful. The homeschool COOP isn't necessary academically or socially for DS10 since he has a full schedule otherwise. We will take a break from the COOP and hopefully, the Spring classes will have a better class selection.

The dishwasher and washing machine are already at work this morning. Most days it is necessary to run the dishwasher twice a day because of the volume of dirty dishes we have.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:58 am

There will definitely be travelling in my schedule today. Over to the next city to pick up groceries for dMum, visit with her for a while, help with some more organizing of dresser drawers in her bedroom, then over to the nearby garden centre for lunch. Then a trip to the west central part of my city to pick up our biweekly eggs https://www.heritagechickens.ca/programs/egg-program/.

There is SO much that needs to be done here, too. My original plan was to sleep in a bit this morning. The dogs, however, had a different idea, and wanted out to pee at 5:15am :roll: Despite two cups of coffee, I'm just not very awake. Perhaps a couple more hours of sleep would help?
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:41 am

Nope not traveling today it is too smokey to be out much, h has the one rig with a/c. Up at 4:30 w hubby. Got a good start on my day. Journal & planning done. Got a few more things checked off my weekly chores. Plus I did some zone work stuff yea for forward progress. Slow start but plugging along is helping.

Breakfast is over, hens are fine, got 9 eggs yesterday, the hen that was lame restarted laying, getting a few green / blue eggs each day, one hen is small and get one egg that reminds me of a banty but is a bit bigger, two white eggs from brown leghorns, rest are brown. Bsweet thanks for that link.

The dinner was a hit grated zuchinni, and corn on the cob, with a wrap. If you need ideas. Breakfast for dinner today's choice. Fri. Is fish day. The kitchen is looking better, dining room is next. Considering painting the stairs to the basement, we have the paint.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:55 am

That's an early morning, nancy.
Maybe that's for the best for you and ds10 (I can't believe he is 10!!), LadyM. It sounds like you have more than enough on your plate as it is.
I hope you have a good visit with your mom, bittersweet.

Dh and dd20 returned last night dirty - but healthy and happy after 4 days backpacking and back country camping in the Porcuping Mts. along Lake Superior. I didn't get any of my housecleaning chores done yesterday, so I'll try again today. I'll have more time at home with just one class today -- but I need to create a test + review for this class. I do test/quizzes every Friday. It's my personal routine. . . .

I won't be doing any significant traveling today, just driving to the park to jog the hill, driving to work and back, and driving with dh and a friend to the movies tonight. We're planning on seeing the Mr. Rogers documentary.

Main Goals for my day: 6x10, I guess! :)
- jog
- morning routine
- headway with house stuff: vacuuming, clean sheets on dd20's bed, folding and putting away laundry
- make a test + review
- prep and teach GSL class
- dinner: leftovers; quick turn around. I'll get home from work around 6, and we'll need to leave for the movie around 7:15

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:08 am

I am so happy for your dh and dd20 - how fun d helia !!!
hope you have a great day.

hi d nancy! It's so nice to see the one lame hen is laying again! you are so busy - wishing you a great day.

hello b is sweet!
have a great day - have a good time visiting your d mom.

hi d lady and thank you for starting us!
sorry the classes were not what you were looking for!

hello to all and have a brilliant day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:20 am

my d mom hit dd younger with her Its time to accept criticism and it's the real world and I have to get you used to it phase when it came to dd's art and photos. She can't get that she is cruel at these times but thank goodness it isn't often any more. I had to put the boundary down in a kind but firm way and she was not happy but it is what I have to do. I loved her response - "I can't be perfect" , "I am not always wrong", "(dd's name to dd) you have to get used to criticism." It was a "cr pp y" photo. Then she brought a book that had lighthouses in it and said "this is good photography".
My goodness 8-)! Thank goodness this doesn't happen often but I love the boundaries. She doesn't understand and I can't make her get it. Her heart is good but sometimes :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: ;)

I had her "reality" when I was young over and over because she thought it would make me strong to face the real world.

I have a feeling I won't be hearing from her today - I will call but won't bring it up and if she does I will kindly but firmly say No you can't say things. Gosh i love being older. :D :D :D

I am starting late but I am ready!!!
yesterday dh and I had a nice day. I still have to be careful that he is not over heated etc. The sun was a bit much for him but he loved the whole experience!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:09 am

starting late:

donations
basement 3 x 15
walk

pool work
refrigerator

tidal wave of clutter check :D love this one.
routines
home blessing upstairs
8-) :D

have a great day!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:32 am

Blessed your post reminds me of a comment on a report card in high school, from an art teacher," does not take critisism well", gave me. I still don't. People like that need to learn the sandwich method find a before and compliment to go with the critique.

Have mowed the front yard, watering now. Walked dog 20 min. , did some on the exercise bike too.

They have trouble geting guys to do Sat. Work a Sat. So they didn't take the day off after all at h work. I am pretty sure that they will be dpne early. 112* is the forecast hi temp. Here today. Watering early.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:51 am

Hello. It's nice to see bittersweet and Helia here for a change!

Happy to NOT be traveling today. I did enough of that yesterday. DH got his truck stuck in sand again yesterday and I had to go out to other end of the county to pull him out. I'll be glad when we're out of that property for good. He is ordering some stone for the dirt driveway up to the house before they have to carry a whole house full of tile box by box up to the house, a walk of 1 1/2 acres. :shock:

Then just when I got back home he wanted me back out there while he moved another 2 trucks around. So back I went. I was burned out when I got done from all that.

Today was just the usual morning, a desk shuffle first then I filled out a government survey for businesses, mandatory, fortunately online. That's an hour I won't get back. Confusing questions anyway, I just did the best I could. I'd been afraid to fill this thing out in case it was spam but I checked around and it was legit. If you think the long form individual survey is annoying, you should see this thing!

Today was a puzzling log in here... Clicked on the login button and got into a screen for new first time people trying to register to the site. I did fill it in but it was rejected because name was taken...so I went back around and came in and login was the same as usual. So MODS if you see something weird, that was probably me!

Return to “Post When You Can”