Thursday Traveling

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday Traveling

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:41 pm

d mom is still pouting and not answering her phone. I was extremely kind yesterday and tried just to say hello- dd younger thought she would get an apology because it was really really mean but mom doesn't get it. It must be very difficult for mom to not understand.

well all the mornings are done.

yay d nancy on your work!
I hope that it doesn't stay that hot for long.

wow - sorry you had to pull your dh out of the sand. You all are always so busy! you amaze me d harmony.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 pm

I made biscuits for later did it while it was cool in the morning.

Bw2 my folks were like that, nope they never apoligized. They were of the "tell it like it is" tough love like Dr. Phil. Some call it "old school".

I have cleaned the next section on the counters, and back splashes. So glad to have that much done yea! Plugging away... one more small part to do still. Did that.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Waving again -heading out - lol d Nancy I would love if she was like dr Phil -

helia

Postby helia » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 pm

Wow, that's hot, nancy. I didn't realize it even got that hot in your state. :shock:
Well glad you got that form done, Harmony. I have little patience for that sort of thing.
Yeah, my dmom is similar, dblessed. Maybe it's that generation a bit? There's being honest, and then there's having good communication skills. Good communication includes honesty -- but so very much more. They're not the same thing at all. Ironically, my dmom can't take any criticism herself. Was it Harriet's mom who said something like, just because you know something needs to be said doesn't mean you're the one to say it? (I think I didn't get that quite right.) I still think of that from time to time.

Anyhow, I'm on plan B for the day. I spent so much time this a.m trying to find the audio to the listening section of my test that it was almost 11 a.m. by the time I was ready to jog. I felt it was too late at that point. I jogged T and W, so that's OK; I actually try not to jog 2 days in a row anyway, and today would have been day #3. I just can't jog tomorrow or Saturday. . . . Anyhow, I never found the audio. I finally emailed my supervisor. We'll see if she can find it.

I'm now transitioning to about 30 minutes of housework before I have to get ready to go. I'm done with payroll prep; quiz is ready, review is ready, class prep is ready.

30 minutes;
- make bed
- finish tidying the kitchen
- clean sheets on dd20's bed
- dice onion and garlic for dinner tonight?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:00 pm

Time just seems to evaporate. I think that is one reason I like to use the SHE cards because I can see what I did with the time. I have completed 50 SHE cards so far today.

I stopped to take a break with a glass of ice water. DGD7 is watching a learning video and DS9 is playing at a friend's home. DGS21 asked to come to eat lunch with me (bringing his own food) but I begged off and asked to eat lunch together tomorrow instead. DH has been busy this morning doing door repair for the church and also a door at our home. DBro got released from the hospital today. DMom is happy to be cooking chicken & noodles from scratch for DBro. Everyone is busy with their own thing and I am going to take advantage of this moment and sit here until I get bored......or finish my drink.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Dee- I don't know what game your DGS is playing on the XBox but I thought of you when i saw this video "Time to put away Fortnite" I suspect this is happening at several peoples homes as school starts.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:48 pm

Talking about strange things going on with computers — when I look at this site or FB — haven’t tried anything else — my phone wants to default to the reading view/large print. Annoying.

I’m sitting here waiting to get the oil changed in dmom’s car. And tires rotated if I have time. They seem a little slow today at the 10-min place...

Got dmom’s meds to her, got clothes ready for dh to pack, dgs will be at our house in s little less than an hour.
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi everyone! I have made backups because my computer made funny noises starting up this morning. Apparently everyone is having monitor troubles, but I am the only person "lucky" enough to get both. My only traveling today is my commute. It counts because it is an hour one way and to another city.

My animal org board meeting was cancelled so I got to have dinner and shop with my traveling companion friend. She was quite perturbed because her hostess arranged to have a friend come over and give her a "treatment". The treatment could not harm anyone - it was singing and blowing into bowls and had some mystical/psychic claims, but the practitioner proceeded to tell my friend she has heart valve and kidney problems! Friend is not worried about her health, having been thoroughly checked out quite recently, but she is worried that the practitioner will get into trouble for practicing medicine without a license. She asked the practitioner what training she had for this sort of "treatment", and it turned out that she had "developed it herself based on 20 years experience working with the dying". Um ...WTF? Experience doing what? I know her as a harp player who frequently plays for patients in nursing homes and hospice. I told my traveling companion friend that the practitioner couldn't lose either way. If she saw a cardiologist and they found something, practitioner would use that as evidence she has psychic power. If nothing was found, she would claim a cure.

Shopping went better, she found gifts she needed to buy on clearance, and I found bathroom rugs. We talked about Costa Rica as a potential future destination.

Today at payroll, I have been tracking down reported "errors". I put that in quotes, because I proved they were not errors but artifacts of test data not being fully synchronized with production. After I type this, I need to order some meds.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out with DD16. Last time we bought bookshelf paint and went to the library. Perhaps tonight, we can clean the bookshelves and clear out the stuff in her ugly garage-style shelf system in preparation for the new one. Probably won't have time to start painting.

DeeClutter: Who told you not to approach the husband and son at the funeral? Are they reliable?

ETA: Just ordered the meds. Also realized I can introduce the new cat tonight while DD is here. Briggs' foot is better, still somewhat swollen. He tried to claw me hard on my head last night in bed when I would not let him have my pillow. I may have bumped his foot.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:48 pm

quick hi - d mom is now pretending nothing happened - dd younger is understanding her ways even though it was pretty bad. Thinking d mom's dr. appointment has something to do with all the anxiety on her part which turns into not so nice mom ;) I am understanding. I called her and she finally answered as I received a package for her from Ta l bots that she ordered (I helped her order). it's a new evening! :D 8-)

home from errands and hoping to figure out our trip more. I think we will go 1/2 a week earlier and go to Vail or the other one while it is still open for the summer season.

bought 2 new dog beds for dogs.. dogs are sleeping on the hard floor next to them :lol:

I will check in soon!

take care - wishing you the best. got to go.. I can hear the old dog chewing on dog food which means she opened up the container again. :lol:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:54 pm

I had thought I could come in earlier even if just to say I was alive, but I crashed and slept after the children left.

Then awakened realizing pharmacy 2 closed in an hour or so and I really should pick up a script. So off I went into traffic, dodging what I could and rushing home. I didn't even get gas, which was my next-up errand and could have been done, if not for commuters and heat. As it was, I took care of ME and got my little self home.

Then really needed to get on the recipe I postponed from yesterday, in time for supper. It was good, btw, but needs too much tweaking to recommend, yet. I need to pull back on the quantity of liquids in it somehow.

helia, I was joining you in chopping onions, a full cup of finely diced ones needed, then got started on the garlic, lol. Started to do it with the little food processor but I always think that by the time I get that out and then need to wash it up, I might as well just chop. Kind of a toss-up. If an onion makes you cry more than another does, it will likely be the healthier of the two to eat, since it's the alliinase that makes the sulfurous odor and that means virus-fighting benefit after you eat it!

Let me see if I can do it... ..
My mother said,
"Just because someone needs to be told something, doesn't mean you have to be the one to tell them."

((blessed and her dds, dmother)) Lighthouses are lovely and dramatic, simple to photograph attractively - even I might make one of them look good, lol. I remember a criticism of the USPS by a stamp enthusiast one year when they brought out their new stamps. He said, "Lighthouses again? Really?" :lol: He wanted too see them offer more unique photographic images that would capture people's imagination. (I'm sure he's been happier since then! Bees, sharks, luminescent creatures, etc., lol. )

Return to “Post When You Can”