Thursday Traveling

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Thursday Traveling

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:18 pm

Elizabeth, it wasn't at the funeral but in the days/weeks leading up to it. The dh just couldn't handle people asking about his dw. I get that. Funeral was fine and we've had a couple of nice conversations with her ds/wife since then. They left this morning to go back to NH. They never figured on staying here this long. Said they'd be back Labor Day Weekend. So hopefully they'll begin to hit a 'new normal' by then.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:51 pm

Dinner is done we broke a record with 110* today here. When we were young and living here I remember 118* the hottest we have ever had.

Dinner is done, simple is good. Dishes are rinsed and loaded.

I need to take the ddog out and check on the hens in a bit. Watching Bob Ross paint now.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:11 pm

HaHa I think I know what I did earlier when I tried to log in and got the register screen instead. Those words are right next to each other and I probably clicked the mouse really fast and it was still moving and probably was closer to the register word than the login word!

My mouse is pretty old and it doesn't roll smoothly any more. It's the kind with a light on the bottom instead of the old ball-type. I think the ball one worked smoother. But the 4 little rubber feet are worn so that might be the problem; the left bottom one had fuzz all around it so I cleaned that off and it seems to move better.

Mostly took it easy today. Figured I worked enough yesterday for 2 days worth. :roll:

Oh, and earlier I said I had to fill out that survey. It wasn't a survey, exactly, it was a census form for businesses.

Ok I just cleaned off all the fuzz on all 4 corners of my mouse. It moves much easier now. I should dust back here around the computer more often.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Blessed:

See if you can find Episode 2 of Kim's Convenience to watch with your dd. It is called "Janet's Photos" Kim's Convenience is on Netflix Canada and on the CBC website but I'm not sure the latter can be watched from outside Canada or if Netflix US carries the show.

The episode very closely mirrors part of your dd's exchange with your mother.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:44 pm

I donated a large box of my wine glasses, water glasses and champagne glasses. I used to entertain fancy for large groups but I haven't since dh was sick. With the change in dh's family doing their own thing I am no longer needing 25 of everything. Dh had a hard time at first with my donating this and they were really pretty but I have 8 of my d grandmothers wine glasses and I think that's enough. I miss entertaining like that but that time has gone. I don't see any large groups in the near future but I feel good knowing that the wine glasses will bless may a young married couple or someone just starting out.

thank you d kathryn! I will look at it.
Hello hello
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:54 pm

oh my gosh - dd younger and I watched it d kathryn... Oh my gosh hysterical! so true ! hysterical! thanks for sharing! We loved it!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”