Friday Finish

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Friday Finish

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:10 am

Thinking of (((Twins))) today as she finishes the sale of her Mom's home.

What will you be finishing today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Re: Friday Finish

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 am

Hi, LadyM. I think we were posting at about the same time and you saved me some brain power!

I'll be accompanying HRH out later on some of his errands.

Until then want to use my time wisely in Morning Dailies and the start of some Desk Day.

It doesn't feel like the "finish" of a week to me ... .. maybe because dd has been away. Uh-oh! I'd better stare at the calendar a bit and make sure I'm not forgetting something, then!

But I'll be looking for "finishes"!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:23 am

I am up and at 'em. I have completed 23 SHE cards already so am feeling hopeful this will be a good day.

DGS21 is coming over later today to trim dog nails. Thinking 4 dogs x 18 nails = 72 nails to trim. If DGD7 puppy is here then it will be even more dog nails to trim.

I would like to take DS10 to the rodeo tonight if I can talk myself into it. I'm not a big fan of attending rodeo's but I want DS10 to have that experience. My reluctance with rodeos is not the event as much as the crowds and temperatures. Thinking out loud......how can I make myself want to go stand/sit in the hot sunshine for hours?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:41 am

Good morning State-side SHEs! I forgot to tell you Harriet, it was wonderful to read a quick recap of your dd19 (soon to be 20!!). I had forgotten that art was part of her university experience as well. It's also good to know that onions and garlic are healthy; we sure put a lot of them in our food.
23 cards already, Lady M? Wow! And you're an hour earlier than I am here! That's a lot of dogs. . . . When did the number grow to 4? I think I remember just 1.

Finishing. Good Question! I'm going to finish my week of payroll.

I have to report a victory yesterday. I FINALLY got the sheets on dd20's bed changed! I even washed the mattress pad; I don't know how long it had been. :roll: I should really get dd20 (and dd22) to do these things on her own, but I don't think she will, and technically, the bedding belongs to me, and I want to take care of it.

Dd22's friend MZ is here now and staying until Sunday, I believe. She's a family friend now, one of the friends we took with us to Europe in June.

Plan for today:
- WW @ 9:30; my scale says I'm way down from last week. :) My weight is generally higher than it was last fall when I was training for and then ran a half marathon. But it's down from where it was earlier this summer.
- prep for and then teach 2 classes -- the bulk of my day, about 5.5 hours
- perhaps some vacuuming
- I still have graduation cards I want to send out. It might be good to get them out before the recipients head off to college. :oops: Yes, I'm a SHE.
- I think we're going out to eat tonight.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 am

Perhaps it was good that I've been away this week, I really haven't had time to think about today so much. I indicated I could close today if I have the weekend to get mother's dresser and mirror out of the house.

In spite of the crazy hailstorm on Monday it was a great trip. A woman who remembered me from last year in Boca Raton spoke to me at the airport as we were getting their bags and we "connected" with them almost immediately, perhaps sealed by the zoo experience together. On Tuesday afternoon we shopped, then drinks, then had a pizza dinner with them. On Wednesday afternoon we went to the "Garden of the Gods" with them and ended up doing a jeep tour. It was just wonderful! I don't know when I have laughed so much; the open air jeep and camaraderie was just amazing. https://www.visitcos.com/things-to-do/g ... gods-park/

I can't believe it's past 9 a.m. I did manage to get up at 7:15 in spite of getting into bed about two a.m. We had repeated delays - big storm in Chicago and who knows what else. I did start something of a list for today while en route home. It has been pouring rain - but not storming thank goodness - this morning. I have been puttering around straightening things up. I texted our cleaning lady very late last night from Chicago asking if she could either come in the afternoon, or tomorrow, instead of first thing this a.m. and she is coming tomorrow.

-breakfast and meds
-empty dishwasher, clear kitchen counters
-find original POA for mother for closing ( :shock: anytime I have to find something on short notice I'm panicked.)
-round up dirty laundry, sort, and start a load
-update list for today, more things OMM

Great to see helia! And Kathryn!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:44 am

Hmmm.....Finish? I could 'finish' cleaning on and around my computer and desk.....but then, I do need to START, to be able to FINISH. SO START I SHALL.

Editing: I DID start! And finished that round. Also cleaned out several papers piled on the backside of one of our dining room chairs. You know -just stash and dash!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:51 am

I am up on time, need to vacuum before h gets home. I am thinking he said they are working with Sat. Hoot owl shift. Journal, planning, breakfast done, I have a plan for dinner. It is good to read your posts and progress.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:56 am

How did it become Friday so fast!
A fine good morning to you and a good afternoon for Europe and Good night sleep for Australia!!!

Wishing you all the best day. I will be here in a bit but wanted to say hello!!! I woke up at 8:30 - my goodness you would think I was a night owl lately. :D See you soon!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:42 am

So that was about 2 hours in the front part of the house, with my brunch as a break.

HRH and I decided he really didn't need me today - turned out there was less on his plan than he thought. So that won't interrupt me. Need to decide now whether to continue on the house or start Desk Day, which I dread, I think. At least, I can't get up the gumption to do it.

Later, i have a casserole recipe I want to try. HRH says "ewww" to all sentences that have the word "casserole" in them. But I can't think of anything else to call this one! Going to try out some shredded cashew cheese over the top.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:46 am

I am done with that round. We had a break in the rain and I walked the ddog too. Have connected with dfriend M - she was at the gym of all places! :o I asked what had happened while I was away that caused that! We will hopefully connect later for a walk or visit.

This time:
-reboot laundry
-s2s
-make bed
-finish unpacking

I am going to leave here for closing early enough that I can go by mother's house first. I need to measure the dresser that I need to move, and also am going to get the good vacuum cleaner out of the closet. I had left it there in case it needed to be cleaned up. I'll meet my agent at his office and ride with him.

Shredded cashew cheese? Ewwww. :lol:

And I found the original POA with the seal right away! Happy Dance!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”