Sleep In Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Sleep In Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:17 am

bittersweet, I remember your dgs11 - you called him MonsterBoy.

I'm starting to make out the grocery list. Just using the fillable blank lined page from Organized Christmas site has helped so much. We all love having enough space to write, and I have my own "headings" to suit our family.

HRH has just come in driveway with cans of gas - I should help. bbl

Oh well, he's done that without me. I didn't realize he'd already been home once.

About the OC fillables - this is probably something to suggest/remind in general, now that I think of it. I've never used anything but the blank pages, and use them for my card list, maybe gift list, and for my card wreath "legend" when I take it down every year. Now finding the blanks help for grocery - never even thought of that before. (I print one "master" with my own headings filled, and just copy when I need one to start writing on) But there are lots of partially headed or partially filled ones for specific OC type planning/check-off charting.

Maybe someone will appreciate a reminder of that in August, before we get deep into frantic-holiday-calendars, since both OC and House and Holidays partially-filled checklists are there. But also, there are more general ones no matter what you need, like a fillable 2-pg week planner.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:22 am

Morning...

I will be spending my morning researching what I can eat for a while. Soft foods will be what I will be eating for a while. My hernia is 1.5 inches big/long and is found at the top of my stomach where my esophagus enters it. The hernia looks like a balloon. It physically hurts and food doesn’t seem to matter.

I won’t know what the treatment will be, but I doubt I will be able to treat it with meds and suspect surgery will be required. That will mean a definite in my eating perhaps for a life time.

My main concern is my trip home for my 50th class reunion which is in a month. I’ll do what ever is needed so that I can make it home for that. I’m hoping that meds will carry over until after I get back.

My day is going to be an easy one. Throat is sore from the tube that was placed down it yesterday. I have laundry to do and a quick trip to the grocery.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:30 pm

I had to put out a lot of fires this morning but I think that's done. Hair appointment was cancelled bc the poor girl was sick but it worked out for the best!
I listened a lot to others this morning (stress, worries etc and I hope they feel better soon. But that has to go on another shelf so I don't take it on.

going outside to work as it is cooler today.

HI d rose! oh so painful. I had an umbilical hernia after dd younger was born - not fun! Surgery really helped! praying for you!

hi d harriet! have a great day! I love the reminders in august re: the holidays.

Every year I buy future home stuff for my dd's - dd olders kitchen stuff is horrible. Part of their Christmas present is for their home or future home and each year they "seem" to really appreciate it. I want to order my d bro one of those cut out maps of his lake similar to this https://www.thegrommet.com/lake-art-3d- ... 0x%2020%22 He has a cottage up north and he likes thoughtful gifts.

hi d b is sweet! look at you - you did stuff while the grandkids are there - great job!

hi d dee - glad you had a great night sleep. enjoy your day - lol re: thinking about mopping.

Hi d twins. wishing a great big wonderful day

Hi d Nancy! yay that its cooler. waving to you too!

hi d lady! I hope you find it. I get about the coffee cup. I have a gs history coffee cup I use each day

Hello to anyone I missed

I have a morning routine to do but I am going to be a stinker and go outside and work. :D 8-) I know ... I am a rebel!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Took mother's ck to the bank and got it deposited, visited with her awhile and helped her eat lunch, and got groceries. DH helped with unloading and putting away.

Dh wants to go to dmom's house to get the dresser next. Ds is coming by at 3:30 and will go with us.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Home from errands. Finally got gas, since the weather didn't threaten me! Car says low tire pressure, so I stopped on the way in a school parking lot and walked 'round and 'round to be sure I was okay to get the groceries home. Either HRH, dstepson or ds will be delighted to be asked to use the air compressor - they love that thing. Some interesting groceries. Also HRH will be pleased I found some things he always searches for.

Oh... .. he just hollered thanks after seeing the little Hot Wheels Javelin with "50th anniv" on the hood, :lol: . He says he knew there was some reason he married me. Yes. It is because I stay aware of automotive trends.

Have been searching for purple dragonfruit and at least in frozen section today did find it. It's in squares, about an inch square. Hmmmm... ... wonder how I'll convince the grands THESE are dragon eggs. lol Maybe I can still cut with small melon baller for one photo at least, and not seem too silly. (oh, who am I kidding? I don't care if I seem silly.)

Ramblin', I thought of you several times at grocery, wondering if this or that would help you, but simply do not know enough to make smart suggestions.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:04 pm

DS10 and I participated in a parade this morning. It was a fun activity with friends.

Then we went clothes and shoe shopping. DS10 wears size 11 men's shoes now. :shock: He is about 2" shorter than I am. All of his friends are at least 6" shorter than DS10. I find it crazy how fast he is growing.

((((RR)))) I hope you can find a solution that gives you relief from the pain. Please share what you try and the results.

I've completed 37 SHE cards today. I want to get a few more accomplished before I start with my creative projects. I have a painting project and also a sewing project that has piqued my interest so I want to get the rest of the SHE cards finished so I can go play
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:08 pm

I have done a store run. Stopped by 2 yd sales. I got to look at house before it is going on the market close to the floor plan we want, it is over our price bc it has a huge shop. But I needed a visual to know that rooms would fit, they had a den type room with french doors that would be great for a tv room / office. I was excited.

I've started laundry.

Harriet I have a master groc. List in my phone but do not always remember it is there. It is handy when I do remember it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:24 pm

quick hi - hi!

today has been a rough one - dd younger has been smiling at me in quiet understanding while I deal with other peoples emotions and anxiety. D mom is way way off - she can't see past the front of her brain right now and is buried in worry. Dh worrying about things that were in the paper. dd older's overwhelmed at work bc they still don't have help and she is doing 2 jobs at once. Totally get that but it is hitting her with anxiety and panic bc they have been writing her all day and it's Saturday. So I am breathing in and choose to be happy while others are at their wits end. I am happy to be a good listener but it is hard when they all go at once :shock: 8-)

my goodness is all I can say :D :D :D

Presents are wrapped and I need to head out the door.
dh - says last night - "did you get anything?" for dd and for todays party :shock: :lol: and now he is ready to go 8-) :D

ta ta
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Laundry is going in the dryer next load in the washer. H. Replaced the handle on the rolling cart for me I put the other one that was the wrong color, in with the other donations in tne car. I did not buy any thing at the yd sales, deciding on the coffee maker to replace my mismatched one. It is "cooler" today 96*. Winds have cleared out smoke yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Random thoughts as I read through: DGS wears size 14 shoes. He is 6'5" now at 16 years old. We had a basketball clinic at church with some professional ball players and they wear size 18! I asked him where he buys his shoes and he says online. I tried to get size 14 bedroom slippers for DGS's Christmas last year, couldn't find any.

RRose, is that hernia considered large? How successful is that surgery.

My best friend in next town has been to dr. for the swelling in legs, and apparently it's not the veins in her legs, it's a couple valves in her heart. :shock: My goodness.

I just loved reading about bittersweet's sleep-overs with grands. Too bad it's too hot to do that here outside.

Oh how I wish Elizabeth was close to me. I struggled with my word template (proposal) today for a few hours. At one point I had the heading cut half off, the page numbers at the bottom won't advance; I can't get rid of the blank 3rd page. The help instructions I got were for Macs and once the instructions were lengthy and I tried to print them out because it's hard to go back and forth but it wouldn't let me print. I'll just bet she could fix this thing in an instant and I would be happy happy happy to pay her.

Going out to supermarket. Coffee without milk is awful. And I'm out of tinfoil. Necessities.

We've had a lot of rain. Dark dreary day. Usually ok but I was having trouble seeing in the house. I need to see about these cataracts. Yeah. Right after I have this wisdom tooth removed. :roll:

Return to “Post When You Can”