Sleep In Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Sleep In Saturday

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Harriet and LadyM...
I guess you would say I’m eating on a soft food diet.

Pretty much what I’ve been doing anyway, just need to stay that way. Soup, eggs, applesauce, white rice no grains and no acid foods. Yogurt must be vanilla because some fruits are good. And jello
Andnpudding.

One site says I can eat white rice other site say no brown rice, but I think I’ll stick with white cause brown has a husk. Also the meals need to be small. Bananas and crackers are ok. If bread is too soft it can clog the opening to my hernia. And crusty bread can irritate it as well.

The surgery involves taking the top of the stomach and wrapping it around the esophagus where it enters the stomach. The top of your stomach has a muscle that acts like you anus. My muscle has weakened and has ballooned causing the hernia. This muscle is the gateway to your stomach and the acid from my stomach has weakened it.

This surgery means I won’t be able to eat normal amounts food for the obvious reasons and for awhile won’t be able to handle anything that’s not soft until it heals.

But at the moment I have a sharp pain where the hernia is. If I sit still I don’t hurt, but is I move around I feel like I have a stick in my upper stomach area right below my right boob.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:17 pm

Yikes, RR, thinking about you! This sounds painful!

DH, ds and I went to dmom's house and got the dresser and mirror and I locked the house up for the last time and came home. Feeling a little tearful but walking through I kept reminding myself how bad it looked and how I needed to sell it. It's someone else's problem now. On Monday I need to have water and electricity turned off and cancel the insurance. Luckily, the renewal date for the insurance is 18 August and I hadn't paid for it yet.

We may just do pizza tonight. I am feeling wiped out.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:43 pm

(Twins') I was too late when I popped in before, to suggest you and ds take photos - just of him at front of house maybe, to kind of document how young/old he is at the time. But then, it may not be a photo kind of day anyway. I think you have done so well with all these tough things. You got to an appropriate finish for that, and efficiently.

Harmony, I feel the same way about my coffee, but I like the various plant milk creamers in flavors. I used the last bit of my almond creamer this a.m. and so that was one of the reasons to head to grocery! At Pub lix today they were out of that one, but they had everything from soy to coconut, so all I had to do was decide. lol.

Extra laundry load done through to put-away.
Printed out the bulletin.

Next up
exercise
S2S
make salad

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:57 pm

I made deviled eggs, h got the other handle on the shelf, and he changed the furnace filter, we got the shelf out of the basement yea, just one more chore put the gutter back in place. But it is too windy to do any ladder work today.

I still need to exercise done.

Return to “Post When You Can”