Stress Relief Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Stress Relief Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:52 pm

My favorite stress reliever right NOW is getting away from the bustle and home to just me and HRH (and he is content to be occupied without me if I want). We had a lovely rehearsal - happy. Lovely SS - happy. Lovely announcement time/singing - happy. and there I'll leave it.

Ate a good lunch of my leftovers and grateful for them. Also I made another recipe last evening I haven't even really tried myself yet (just the taste I got was pretty good, though), so that will be nice for when dd gets home/supper.

blessed, I'm glad you found a possibility for a place to stay, even though it will be "adventure sleeping"!

Lynlee, that sounds like a cool weekend with just enough family togetherness and just enough quiet walking time for reflection.

Feel as though I'm getting headache-y. duh, I guess. Maybe another bite of something with a headache pill. Or maybe a nap is called for.

Twins', make an appearance. Only.

Hi, Sunny! You did good with the complaints about the cans - how frustrating.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Skippable / editing my whining post..

I was having a lovely qt out on the patio h. pokes his head all excited about no smoke and a cooler day said something about painting the kitchen cabintes (WHAT!?!) This is news to me I thought we agreed he was going to be cooking breakfast. I feel like he sprung it on me w out warning and for-thought. I said well do you have the paint? He thought so.

... 45 min. Later and a cleaned under stair closet, nope white paint yes but it is for out side, not inside. Said I need 24hrs. Notice on big projects so I can clean and get supplies ready. ... I have paint for and planned on doing the stairs next, if he wanted to paint...nope not what he wanted to accomplish...
....I am thinking what ever... Rolling eyes... with a teen like attitude on my part., we were bickering at this point, ....Moody... yep we both are were... Nope this is not fun any more. Burnt out ... Blah blah blah...so over it.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Thanks for the shower support, Harriet. It was hideous. Playing shower games and one of the organizers does "improv." So they wanted different women to tell their birth stories and the improv people were "improving" on the story. Oy. Grim. Thankfully, I let it be known when I arrived that I "couldn't stay long," and I also let the mother-to-be know that, so I felt guiltless going out the back door after 30 min of festivities. I think others were trying to remember an urgent appointment also.

So apparently I was told that dh wouldn't be here for supper but I didn't remember, so dkids are going to come Tuesday night instead, hopefully.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Yes I need stress relief! Focusing on the positive parts of my day now.
I walked ddog.
I have on soothing music now.
Journal done.
I did get the fold out bed made up one more thing checked off my list. I retreated to the basement and hemmed some p j 's to capri length. It is cooler and not smokey out. Got another closet cleaned out.
Bbq was good got the issues resolved and moving on.Gutter is reattached now. s2s wash hair done feel so much better now.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:14 pm

I chose a nap and avoided the pain pill. I think I feel better at the moment because of it. I believe I might have just gone on with a background tension headache due to stress-tiredness, and needed to break a think-cycle as much as a pain cycle.

Looking out the window a little bit - not sure how/when dd will be arriving home. Okay, she called, is safe on the ground but still it will be a while. I said "lots to tell you", which has become code for, "boy, did I ever need you today".

Have emailed only to answer questions I was asked at church, not to go any further, though I wish for more interaction right now. I have some assignments regarding our devotional booklet situation now, which cannot seem to settle down, and some regarding our upcoming evening study, which now, may not even happen, things are so up in the air. But I will do what I was asked - a sign-up sheet for providing meals/cooking. I probably wouldn't sign but bring something with others, so it's the least I can do to keep the seasonal bulletin board looking fun and happy, including an understandable sheet with the right dates, autumn decorations, a hanging pencil, maybe.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Well, we slept till around 12:30 pm, then I napped some more, and dh is asleep now -- how's that for stress relief? LOL.
But we did not get in bed with the lights out till 4:00 a.m., so you can see why we needed the sleep.
Some of you have commented on the amount of travel we do, and I am always a little surprised, b/c compared to Kathryn and helia, and some others of you, we do very little real travel, you know? OTOH... an overnight trip every weekend (coming up in Sept) CAN really tax your energy...

This weekend was sooo much fun, though. DGS is really growing up, which is a little bit sad -- but I just hope and pray he will still enjoy spending time with us when he's older, like LadyM's older dgs does! He and I walked all over that park... at least twice... explored the downtown area a little, went into an antique store -- where dgs acted entirely appropriate to his autism diagnosis, I suppose. As soon as the owners greeted us, he announced promptly, "We aren't going to buy anything, we're just curious about what you have in here." :lol: Everyone laughed, and I said, "And we are VERY honest, aren't we?"
They did have a lot of toys, and I would have bought him something, but he didn't see anything he wanted. All he asked for all day, other than food, was some homemade cinnamon rock candy. I guess that's sorta food, too.
He was VERY excited when his daddy let him go backstage with him (really just a hospitality tent set up for the bands) and he got to go inside one of the band's buses, an antique with lots of old music-related stuff in it. (DS's band travels in a van, btw, so any kind of bus was unusual for dgs.) He enjoyed walking down to the river, which was right beside the park, and doing chalk art on the sidewalk, and he was really well-behaved all day. He still has a HUGE problem with wanting to interrupt people when they are talking, but apparently he made quite an impression on the people backstage. One of the ladies back there was an elementary school teacher, and she had him read something and told ds he was reading on a sixth grade level. :shock: (I assure you, he does not have sixth grade level maturity.)

He also told us he misses him mommy, and his sister -- "very VERY much" he said -- so we were all glad to hear ddil's dad will get his pacemaker Tues. and she will be home the following week. In the meantime, we'll keep him pretty busy. He has to go to the doctor w/dmom and me tomorrow, and Tues. I'll be picking him up after school again, and I suspect he'll spend Fri-Sun with us, and the following Tues. night & Wednesday afternoon.

I'll DEFINITELY be needing some stress relief by the time ddil is home.
After ddil gets home that Wed, I believe I'll be bringing dmom home on Thurs... so we'll see how THAT goes, also. I can't believe tomorrow is three weeks since her surgery! She sounded good today when we talked on the phone. Dbro & his gf visited this weekend, and they were there, along with my daunt, and dmom said, "We're just having a fine time."

And dh -- as I said, is napping now -- he is NOT feeling well at all. I have been looking at Levaquin side effects, and it appears that yes, they CAN last after the medicine is completed. Every time he took his pill -- M-F, around 4:00 pm -- he would start feeling miserable within an hour, and it would last about 10 hours. Then he would feel better, until he took the next pill. Thank goodness it was only a 5-day course of medicine! He is still coughing, but has no more lung pain, so maybe the Levaquin worked, but I bet he will NOT take it again. I suspect he'd say he'd rather die of pneumonia. The bad feelings seem to come and go, and are much worse late in the day. He felt pretty good most of the day yesterday, and this afternoon after he woke up. He hasn't had a pill since Friday night, and he still feels weak, like he's about to faint, shaky, nervous, and nauseated. He also feels like he is not thinking clearly, and is kinda jittery. Friday night, he said he felt like he was about to have a seizure! (He's never had a seizure, so he really doesn't know how one would feel in that case, anyway... but y'all get the picture.) :idea: :?: Have any of you had any experience with meds like this? * sheesh *
He's supposed to ride back to Nashville with ds tomorrow but I don't think he will go if he feels like he does right now. Of course, NOT going means he'll be here with dgs till late-late tomorrow night, so he make think a few hours in the car sound much more restful. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:44 pm

(((Harriet))) -- so glad the nap helped you! WTG with your church work, despite understandably mixed feelings. (((HUGS)))

WTG on all you've accomplished, Nancy! You are doing great! And personally, I'm impressed with anyone who can hem! I have a pair of dh's shorts at the alteration lady's shop right now b/c I cannot hem ANYTHING! :oops: And my mother used to sew almost all my clothes (and her own.) There is no excuse for me not learning how, except hard-headedness.
(((HUGS))) for you with difficult moments with dh! Glad y'all had a good supper and all is well.

(((Twins))) I do NOT think I would enjoy having an improv session based on childbirth. I bet the mother-to-be was questioning the whole thing too... shaking my head... (((HUGS))) for having to deal with annoying dh too... ;)

Oh -- I've missed the part about blessed's upcoming trip -- adventure sleeping! I must find this post... HAVE FUN, blessed!

Also missed wishing blessed's dd a happy birthday --

and happy birthday to Lynlee's dmom!

Glad Lynlee had a good weekend with family.

Yes, Sunny, WTG -- you were exactly right to call and talk to supervisor finally! Hope your issue is resolved from now on!

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”