Wednesday PWYC - Make your own

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday PWYC - Make your own

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 am

Still going...no inspiration here, though.

Can't wait to see what we all have planned for the day!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday PWYC - Make your own

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:36 am

I gotta get going, s2s, breakfast, walk the dog and out the door for a massage.

Be back later!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 am

Up at 5 today.
Breakfast is over.

Today's goal \ project ~ is to finish the 1st coat on the stairs to the basement. For anti procrastination day.

It is smokey.

:idea:
I had a nice planner cover full sheet size. Had punched unlined pages in it from an art journl / sketch book using it for hand writing and brush pens pratice live it! That will be my reward while paint is drying.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 am

how did Wednesday come so fast! (happy afternoon in Europe and Happy Evening in Perth, Australia and happy sleep to others in the world (sydney etc. Fiji) etc. (and it's Thursday there already :shock: :D!!!)

how nice about your journal! cheering you on as you paint d nancy!!!

hi d twins - a massage for you - you deserve it! enjoy!!!
you being you is inspiration d twins!!!

hello everyone. :D

Listened to Kat this morning trying to use the program to keep calm and not over goal; really over expect more than I should do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c8-o-QNmuw I love her advice on clutter checks and family
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fb_T84A4iQ Wednesday
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:33 am

Good morning! Yesterday, DD16 did want to go to the library for Girls' Night Out. She is bummed because she found out egg drop soup has soy sauce and thus not gluten free. She tried a GF recipe and decided it needs less ginger. After she left, it was a WTF day, with the worst thing being an email I have procrastinating on. I guess I could have saved it for Anti-Procrastination Day, but I got it DONE instead!

Tonight will be dinner with traveling companion friend. At work, reports and paper declutter. What I would like to do on AP day is hang the laundry room doors. But is there any point? They fall down regularly. At least if they are not up, they can't fall and hit a cat. Don't know what to do there. I have a closet door that comes off its roller too, but is an annoyance rather than a hazard.

Congratulations to RamblinRose and family! I have never heard of Lollie and Pop for grandparents, but love it. (Certainly better than Pop and Sickle or Pop and the Weasel). This is my only social media site, so no worries about me posting it on Facebook.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:59 am

I admire anyone who does their own painting, nancy! YGG!
Wow, dd is 16 now, Elizabeth?! Have a good day at work! Dd22 here is celiac, if that's what your dd16 is too. She's extremely careful, so much so that right now, she's not eating at any restaurants at all, even if they have GF options.
You do seem to have high expectations for yourself, blessed.
Ooh, enjoy your massage, Twins. After all my physical therapy, I'm now more willing to try a massage.
Had to scroll back but must add my congratulations to RRose!! I'm very happy for you and your family! :)

This is a week with 3 big deadlines.
1. Yesterday, I had a meeting with my supervisors to go over my schedule and other details re: a class I'm developing for our school. I'm scheduled to teach it for the September session.
2. Tonight, we're celebrating dh's birthday. He's asked for BBQ ribs for his meal, which I can do with the help of dd22 who will be home this afternoon while I'm at work.
3. Our small group camping trip is tomorrow - Sunday in Canada, about a 3 hour drive away. We're going Friday a.m. b/c (1) the forecast is very rainy Thursday and (2) we couldn't leave before 7 pm b/c I'll need to stay after work Thursday to make up sub plans and make and print out a test for 1 class.

In terms of dh's birthday celebration, his birthday was actually Jan. 28. You all know about our wacky traditions which pretty much guarantee that we celebrate birthdays very late. We pretty much now only celebrate birthdays when dd20 is home. We've given up on ds b/c he's so far away and rarely home anymore -- but we do skype him for the speeches.

I need to leave for payroll in 2:15. I've gotten lots done but have more to do. . Jogging is out of the question today.

In broad strokes. . Done:
- dog care
- quick edit of document for deacons
- quick WF run
- ribs prepped for the oven
- potatoes prepped for the oven -- dd22 will be home later this afternoon and will put items in the oven at their appointed times
- kitchen is clean again

Before I leave for work:
- s2s and self care
- payroll: edit a collection of S paragraphs
- payroll: prep IW class
- payroll: prep GSL class
- can I spiff the main bathroom?
- lunch

Later today:
- payroll, out 1 - 6
- home; finish getting dinner ready
- have the girls decorate dh's place
- dh's birthday dinner! 7 people, including J4yo
- dessert and gifts
- speeches; get ds on skype
- clean up
- go to bed tired;

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:09 am

I have completed the 1st coat of paint on the stairs. Thanks for your positive comments on my progress, Helia & others.

Unhealthy air quality today.
Sweep and mop next. X
Dailies done.
Wish list made out.
Hens might be leaving this weekend, keeping fingers crossed they can get their tractor going and mive their hen house.
Lunch is done.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Twins' Mom wrote:Still going...no inspiration here, though.

"Still going" is inspiration enough!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Still going
sounds good to me too!

I was up and going strong before 5am Please don't hate on me. I'm an early riser and it just happens. I have tried to make myself sleep later but it just ends in frustration. ANYway, I have completed 63 SHE cards so far today. When I see that big of a number it sounds like a lot, but it is just little things that I will not consistently do if I don't have a reminder.

Since I have started using SHE cards again, I am noticing now that I am not only accomplishing more each day but I am doing a lot more projects. Projects = things I enjoy doing. By using SHE cards it relieves my brain of having to remember all those mundane things. Now I can think about the fun and creative things.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:14 pm

I just learned...

Palindrome Week: August 10 - August 19, 2018 are all Palindrome Days (m/dd/yy). A Palindrome Day happens when the day's date can be read the same way backwards and forwards.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”