Friday Freedom

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Friday Freedom

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:29 am

With my immense power (NOT) I grant each of us the freedom to choose how we spend our time today.

Do you choose to ....
Curl up with a good book?
Implement a new project?
Hold your nose and ignore the smells?
Do what someone else dictates?
Do a random act of kindness?

Obviously, the possible choices are unlimited.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Friday Freedom

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:39 am

I am choosing to spend about a dozen hours driving in order to celebrate DGS12 birthday with him today & tomorrow. Thankfully this is an easy drive on the Interstate (75mph) almost the entire way. I am not looking forward to the hours spent sitting in the vehicle, but I am looking forward to spending time with DSon and family.

I need to finish up today's must-do SHE cards, throw a few things in a bag and get OTD.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:05 am

thank you for giving us Friday Freedom d Lady. "You got the power" Thank you for sharing!

Hold your nose and ignore the smells?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

have a wonderful time with your d family.. happy birthday to your dgs 12!

hello to everyone - have a great day of Freedom.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:18 am

dd younger has had 3 days of on and off again severe migraines. praying it goes away.

Got in another part of a Christmas present. it's so weird to think in these terms.
wrote the motor boat teacher and apology for not being able to do lessons this summer with dd younger being ill and going to Mayo. I love the water but just couldn't do it this summer.

Today I am going to call a sailboat company so that at least I can get on the water for at least once this year.

things to do: Morning routine, animal routine, dinner routine, paper routine, 3 tide of clutter checks, bathroom swish and swipe, fitness and health routine, evening routine. Animal check.

1. hair cut and hair dye at 10 must leave at 9:30 (leave check for rug cleaner to drop off oriental rug)
2. car and purse day.
3. explain test for d mom, set up neck dr. for d mom,
4. dh dr.
5.finish d mom's paper file so that dr. in florida and d brother have it.
6. set up nutritionist for dd after she and I figure out dates.
7. empty fridge of garbage.
8. weeds in yard as it poured last night.
9. gym

Trying to not overthink. I was supposed to sign up for the Alsatian wine class for myself, dd's and d mom but the local community college won't let me on my own. We all have to sign up individually on the computer. (mom no way). very frustrating as it won't accept my registering for all of us individually bc it won't let me use my email for us. (it has to be individually and my d mom doesn't use the computer. I called and they said this is the only way to register). mmm. lol it is a continuing education program for adults - I think they forget that not all seniors use the computer.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:38 am

Nice you can celebrate your dgs' bday with the family, LadyM!
Praying for your dd, blessed. That's frustrating about the class sign up for your dmom. Wow, Christmas presents!

We are not ready to go on the camping trip, but we decided last night we weren't going to stress about it. Dh has a ton of work to do with a looming deadline -- he always has tons of work to do -- and the forecast for the park in Canada is about a 65% chance of thunderstorms from 2 - 6 pm this afternoon. We don't need to be stressing and driving just to sit in the rain for a few hours. LOL! Although, we'd be in the company of our beloved friends from small group. . . We'll leave as soon as we're ready, though.

I got home from work last night around 7 pm; sub plans took longer than I thought. By the time dinner was cooked, eaten, and cleaned up, it was 9 pm. I did manage to wash our mattress pad and change the sheets on the MBR bed, so that was something. I love sleeping in clean sheets! Also, food packing is in progress. Dh packed up all the equipment last night.

Main Goals Today:
1. Finish packing -- clothes, toiletries, food
2. Go for a short jog? Not sure if I will or not
3. Prep the house before we leave -- mainly kitchen and living room; make sure girls know how much to feed each dog
4. Self - some QT and s2s before we leave
5. Drive 2.5 - 3 hours; border crossing will impact this time for the better or the worse
6. Find friends
7. Set up tent, etc.
8. Hang out with small group friends

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:20 am

Hello, villagers ~
I'm grateful to be having a quieter week. Tuesday and Wednesday I stayed home and did projects around the house, including significant decluttering. Yesterday had morning chores and then to work at the library. Today I don't really need to go out for anything so I plan to do more decluttering ... eventually. Currently in snail mode; I think I need more sleep.

Helia, your camping trip sounds like a lot of fun. I advise skipping the jog before you leave and substituting a walk around the camping area with your friends. You'll be getting in a lot of extra exercise by loading and unloading your gear. Camping is hard work!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:47 am

I like LadyM's thinking!

I need to get my day rolling.

I'm also setting up my new fitbit.

Today's big rocks:*
-grocery
-make Shabbat dinner
---veggie lasagne
---challah
---fruit for dessert
-straighten up house, take care of fur tumbleweeds (dcleaning lady is off this week)
-clean up my office, may have a guest sleeping there next two nights
-make up daybed in my office to look inviting :?
-what else?

I am hoping that dh is coming home tonight, as it turns out dd can't join us for Shabbat dinner here - we are hosting the storyteller she has brought in for Religious school on Sunday morning. It will be quiet if it's just me, her and her daughter.

* big rocks http://www.appleseeds.org/Big-Rocks_Covey.htm

-----------------------------------
So just as Harriet mentioned last night, dd dropped by and she just left and this sat here....

We did walk around the block with the ddog and talk so that's done. I need to ck to be sure she left my shoes, which she walked in.

She suggested that I invite another couple and we brainstormed and I sent a text message. Now dh says he will be in tonight, probably.

Right now (after I pick up my head because it's rolling around....)

-grocery list
-breakfast and meds
-start a load of laundry
-clear kitchen counters
-head to grocery
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:49 am

Morning...

Helia... sub lessons always take more time than we think they will.

Today I am having having lunch with my friends. Then dinner with Sweetie. Actually I’m just sharing lunch time with the girls. Will eat before I go as I am being very careful with my foods. Yesterday Sweetie and I went to the movies to see Mission Impossible and really enjoyed it.

Morning routines done and footprints were picked up last night. I’ll do the laundry tomorrow and will do my fro wry shoppping on my way home from the girls. If not will do it after Sweetie and I eat because we always eat early.

Off to start my morning... gonna watch Perry from my glider if my stomach lets me.

Waving to y’all ....
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:41 am

Heading out to grocery store now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:52 am

hi from hair place.

proud of myself - d mom wants to pick up a printer she saw when dd younger got her wide angle lens - it's an hour away in another town. - I told her I couldn't until next week. It's hard to say no for me. She said she will go by herself. She is fine again which I am thrilled! Thought I would work on my checking account. so thrilling.

hi d twins! Happy that you got yourself a new fit bit. Hoping you and your interesting company have a great time tonight!
after I pick up my head because it's rolling around....)
so funny.. that is so me!
have a great day!

hi d book! glad you are having a quieter week. enjoy your day!

hi d helia. thank you!
I am glad you are taking getting ready for camping one step at a time. Hope the rain lets up before setting up your tents.
good for you on getting your sub plans together - that has to be a relief to know its set up - and great job on cleaning the mattress pad and sheets - nothing better than going to bed in clean sheets!
Have fun on your trip!!!

hi d rose! good morning have fun with lunch with your d friends and dinner with your sweetie. I want to see that movie as well. enjoy your morning!

wishing you all a great day!

Return to “Post When You Can”