Friday Freedom

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Friday Freedom

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Good morning! I made good on my use it or lose it to practice dance. I picked out a CD with slow ominous music, designed for Halloween and danced as a ghost. I know that sounds weird, but I imagined how a ghost would dance and where she would hang out and what she would want to show her audience. Before that I did get my glasses adjusted and I am seeing much better now. After that LOLs and goofing off.

Today at payroll, I am working on a new report. The FINALLY got someone in to replace the coworker who retired, only about a year after we requested it. In carpool, I have started a pair of combat boot style baby booties for a friend whose wife is expecting. His other son is 20, so he has nothing baby related in his house anymore. Tonight is Bunco.

lucylee: Yep, he is counting the days until the daughter goes to college, which is within a month. Originally she wanted to live at home to save money, but her mother is paying for the dorm, probably convinced by boyfriend. (Tuition is covered by scholarships). Other people's needs distract xBFF from him. The daughter's only "special need" is to occasionally get a different kind of attention from her mother. The attention she gets now is the list of chores she is expected to do while mom is out with boyfriend or at work. At least xBFF is engaging a maid and animal care person when daughter moves out. I was sure she would be expected to still maintain the house. Visits will probably still involve a chore list, but all visitors are given a chore list. (Why they still visit is beyond me).

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:17 pm

Home, and I need to get movin'.

-put away groceries
-spent 15 min straightening up my office
-make up daybed in office
-make my bed
-hang laundry to dry

I need to start the bread at 3:30.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:20 pm

I've done nothing today but update my computer's password.

This is an annual task triggered by a post here once a year since having a reminder is important but not necessarily an 'update your password' reminder. Instead, I note something happened to one of my SHE friends and therefore it is time for me to change my password.

This year I added it to LastPass so dh can get into my computer should I be hit by a bus. I note the password to his computer was already in there (he joined LastPass months after me but is much better about maintaining passwords and records of all sorts.) We have a family account so we can share access to passwords if we want.

I also updated my Windows and ran a security scan. I'm going off-the-grid next week so my computer will not be able to do any updates, thus I wanted it to be up-to-date before leaving.

I guess that's freedom from worry.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:32 pm

And I remember what Kathryn's "triggering event" to change passwords is!

That round is done. The office still looks pretty bad, but I think it's passable if the 13 y/o prefers to sleep there. I need to take another pillowcase up there. While I made up my bed, I straightened up the master bedroom and bath.

Right now:
-start bread in breadmaker
-start the roasting veggie process for the veggies for the lasagne (butternut squash, tomatoes and eggplant)
-empty the dishwasher
-ugh. swiffer/sweep/whatever it takes to get as much dog fur up as possible
-ugh. front porch clean up a bit.

Ugh. also need to pick up poop in the back yard....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:52 pm

I am going to be doing the password thing in a bit charging a new tablet I got. I will be tweaking things and H. Will get this one that is the pkan so hw can watch u tube down stairs. LOL. Got a 9.6" Samsung tablet had to wait for it to come in. I need to add user for h on this one. I cut out the screen protector, and got the case on it.

Free day day Friday.
No painting happened touch up later or tomorrow.
Store run done.

OMM -
Next up setting up a faith planner, bc they were out so got the stuff to go in it and lg. Cover great sale at Joanns & had a 60% off spent less than a hard back book would cost. :mrgreen: Celebrating my bday a bit early. Thinking what for catagory sections in put welcome will put up a post in j & c about this topic.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:05 pm

We are 5 hours into our trip. I drove the first 3 hours then DH took the wheel. We only have about 60 more miles to go. Our gas mileage was over 23 mpg but it has dropped to 21 mpg when we left the flat plains behind and entered the hills of Arkansas.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Stay safe, LadyM and dh! Have fun!

Twins' - lol! Even though I feel for you, I'd be okay with that. People I have diapered more than a dozen times are pretty much acceptable "just show up" folks. Not "company" and life can go on around them, most things can be said around them, all eyes don't have to turn toward them. If I ask them what they are doing hanging out at my house, there's a logical answer and it wouldn't be weird to ask, wouldn't be a social no-no. :roll: Actually, with mine (dstepson included) my question is usually more like, "Hello, and when are you going to get around to that work I asked you to do?" :|

Morning was some Desk Day. Early afternoon some errands. More Desk Day is Next Up. Also cooking. Maybe in reverse order.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Glad your trip is progressing safely, LadyM!

After thinking this a.m. that tonight might only be me and the storyteller and her daughter, we may be nine. The friend I texted this morning is coming with her husband, and her adult dd and grandson may come. I thought the adult dd was out of town so had invited the couple and the grandson. Whatever, I think we'll have enough food. I am setting up the larger table in the DR. It will seat 8 cozy so we can pull up an extra chair for the 4 y/o.

Dh may or may not make too. He was on a 5 p.m. flight and got changed to a flight that gets here between 7 and 7:30. Never know about delays too.

Wow. DD offered to not come after her temple event but I want her here.

-mix up the cheesy filling for the lasagne and get it put together
-shape the bread when that timer goes off
-flowers on DR table
-pick up poop outside
-s2s

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Speaking of which, just now ds and dstepson drove in in two different vehicles and walked right in - to the storage barn. They "borrowed" :| gas for working on lawns. lol. HRH is gone off with them now - they were more interesting than our house, I guess! :lol: He wants to see what they are doing and hang out with them. They were in a rare mood teasing each other in our back yard, and that plus a gas can and a project - a magnet to men.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:59 pm

So our houseguest is running late also. I told her we're fine, on no schedule. Probably give me more time so I'm not panicked. THey had stopped off at a history site, so I'm sure we'll have interesting conversations.

I also figured out that we need more feta cheese, which I love in a salad so I'll need to run to grocery. :roll: Rain has rolled in, so I didn't deal with the dog poop. Just need to warn everyone if they go out....I got the kitchen mostly cleaned back up.

Challah just went into the oven so I'm getting a shower while it bakes.

Return to “Post When You Can”