a sedulous Saturday.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

a sedulous Saturday.

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:38 am

sed·u·lous - (of a person or action) showing dedication and diligence.

I thought of us and how we work each day to bless ourselves (usually last but should be first), our families, our work, our community and all the things we do with dedication and diligence. We are pretty amazing aren't we! :D :D :D

What are you doing today?

Wishing a wonderful day to each and everyone one of you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: a sedulous Saturday.

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:44 am

I have been waking up to explosions in my house. (I haven't been doing dishes before bed because I have been starting dinner way to late). When my kitchen goes then everything goes. If it is spotless then others seem to follow in kind. 8-) :shock: :D

i have to finish d mom's medical stuff and get things to her dr. in Florida. Thank goodness d brother takes care of all the insurance.

Yesterday I ended having to do errands for d mom. My errand day is too busy for d mom and trivial as she hasn't any need or interest in going to. I think I am going to have to do a Morning or afternoon time on a separate day just for her errands and dr. appointments.

before morning routines: mom's stuff so I get it off my desk.

have a great day!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:28 am

Gee, learn something new every day. blessed, you got me to look that up to learn more!

I like The Free Dictionary's definition of persevering and constant!

Dd20 was off to work early for the first of 2 days of training along with what may be every other employee - I'll have to ask her how many and how extensive. She's never gone through this before, just gallery training.

I have continuing Desk Day for the church today and want to add to extra laundry load finishes. Some extra decluttering planned.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:34 am

persevering and constant!

ooo i like that too d Harriet!!!
wishing you dd a wonderful day!! and you too!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:35 am

finished all of my d mom's medical stuff. Things mailed and filed and understood. :D

now for morning routine.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:01 am

Morning...

My lunch with the girls lasted 4 hours and it was just the three of us. Fortunately the place where we eat serves delicious lunches and a very causal surroundings so they don’t mind if we sit around and chat.

Dinner with Sweetie was grand as always. This is the first time we’ve eaten out in a long time due to my stomach issues. The places serves a delicious dish of grilled chicken, squash and onions with a special sauce. I left off the sauce and onions and only at half the dish. After dinner we did the grocery shopping so that freed up part of my weekend.

Today is laundry day for me. It’s still very hot outside. Even Willis prefers staying by my side where it’s cool. Need to do some desk work as well and then spend time on my glider.

Off to start my day...breakfast and coffee first, then start my laundry and watch Ceasar as I use my glider.

Waving to y’all...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:10 am

I hardly know where to start today. After big Shabbat dinner last night and house guests getting here late I am just whipped today. My back has stiffened up on me too. Dh has gone to Torah study and I think he'll walk at the gym afterwards, I'm not sure. Houseguest and her 13y/o dd went to services at the other congregation - she is doing something to take part in services there this a.m.

I am dragging. I think I might get back in bed for a bit.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:15 am

Been wasting away some time on here I'm afraid. Time to get busy! Did get the bed made and put up dh's meds for the next 2 weeks. Also got some capris ordered on A river. All mine are getting very faded and I need some new ones. Was going to order them sent to our address in FL but decided to have them sent here. See a new 'policy' on A river -"try before you buy". Sounds like a fairly easy process to return if they don't fit. Let's hope.

Dh has gone to help dsonil find a short in their RV. He thought at first it was probably just the extreme dampness had tripped the GFI, but sounds more like a short. See he's not back yet, so I'm sure it's more involved. We left a 'present' on his steps last night (he'd obviously gone to get dinner at the Pub). Ordered him 2 boxes of Grits since I had to fill out an order to W mart.

Off I go to do a sink full of dishes and then to wash my hair. The 'boys' (dh & dsonil) are going to the nearby flea market tomorrow morning. First time they've gone. They quite often go early Sunday morning when we're in FL. This will be something different for them.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:32 am

I get to check off the box on my daily questions that says "Learn something new."

Great synonyms:

active, assiduous, bustling, busy, diligent, employed, engaged, hopping, industrious, laborious, occupied, tied-up, working

Sedulous will be a good Scrabble word for using up vowels when you are looking for a vowel-filled 7 letter word, especially pesky Us. And with S at the beginning and end it means you can join it to a word that was already plural and with luck, even pluralize a second word for even more points. The more I think about this, the less likely I'll be able to play this, but still, one can hope.

Speaking of hope, I signed up to follow the Merriam-Webster twitter feed since it is part of the Resistance.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:53 am

I love the learning something new!!! A favourite for me as well d kathryn! happy day to you!

hi d dee, wishing you a busy wonderful day. hoping the pants fit perfectly! how nice you did that for yourself!

I am glad you had a nice time last night d twins... you deserve to take it easy! have a good day!

hi d rose! sounds like you had a lovely time with lunch and dinner with your sweetie!. so happy for you! happy laundry day! waving at you too.

Return to “Post When You Can”