a sedulous Saturday.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: a Sedulous Saturday.

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:55 am

CI trying to figure out the new tablet case today. H kicked me out of the kit. So he can prep. For painting. I have rounder up various hen supplies to maybe go with them. Waving to all have a good day. Heading to clean the coat closet. Then laundry awaits with other dailies. Journal done worked on at putting verse a day on pages.

...later h has finished kit cabinets they look great. He is talking building new, he has been looking at lots when he it out at various job sites getting info. One is pretty clostmto the river in a good neighborhood. Excited to take a look see at it. Figured out the stand up case for this tablet yea. Still waiting on hen pickup.

Laundry is going coat closet cleaned, hen stuff coletceted up.
Lunch in a bit.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Re: a sedulous Saturday.

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:56 pm

hi d nancy you are really amazing! you do so much!

check to see if they have flooding by the river - we have it every year but ten years ago we had a huge one. We looked at a house when we first came here and we almost bought except that dd younger was an escape artist and the river was fast by that house. It was 2 blocks away but that whole area got hit hard during that flood. Also insurance doesn't cover it. Hope the land is high up. wishing you the best!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:58 pm

I didn't clean but emptied the fridge and washed the recycling and glass/plastic containers.
There was a lot of waste :? :roll: :oops: All the veggie/fruit that I wasted is in the compost container now. (our city collects that)

Continue working!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Hello...I thought I would like to check in while I'm finishing up my lunch. I haven't posted in a few days because of busyness, weather, etc. I've tried to keep cuop, but can't always post when I read. We haven't had as much rain this week, but storms go past us with thunder and lightning close enough to turn off electronics.

Happy Birthday to Harriet's dd20 and Lady M's dgs12!

Wednesday dh had an appointment with our Primary Dr. to go over blood work. She was pleased; most of his numbers were good. We had answers to a few questions. Dh has been feeling more tired and legs weaker for quite a few months and as soon as he told her this she suggested another round of physical therapy. Most of this is due to his health issues and reactions to meds. It is important for him to keep moving as much as possible. So we are waiting for nurse to call.

Last week I got a letter in the mail from our cable tv supplier saying they were converting all broadcasting to HD digital which means Sept. 5th we would no longer receive service. They are providing digital boxes free for one year. I ordered them on Monday and they arrived yesterday. I could probably set them up, but dh talked to ds#2 and he said he would do it for us. He worked for a short time for one of our local cable companies, so he knows what to do.

Yesterday I, too, did a load of kitchen towels, dish cloths and pot holders; put them away this morning. Dh washed up the breakfast dishes for me. I also have been moving stuff from one place to another, first to make a place for the cable boxes and second to go through more things to organize and pack or declutter. I need to put a load of sheets and towels in the washer.

Nancy, the steps turned out very nice. Thinking of everyone here and wishing all a good afternoon. ♥ ♥
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:00 pm

I keep tromping along through DDay. Not as bad as some months. Finally up to creating the report. Need to take a break and stretch. HRH says if I'll just keep at it and finish it today, I'll be so happy on Mon morning to have a week without it. He's right.

Also ds and family are on the Outer Banks during the coming week, for a last vacation before school starts. So I won't have a morning with the children. I'll miss them, but will be grateful that I can choose bigger projects and continue without interruption.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:27 pm

hi d sunny! hope you get a nice gentle soaking all day rain - not a flooding one - just something that blesses the plants and soil
glad his blood work turned out well. praying he feels more himself soon. yay on your work

hi d harriet... I am enjoying tromping through my day with you and everyone!! take a lovely break! And then come back - don't run..... 8-)You WILL feel so much better having it done! Hope your d family is having a great time on vacation before school starts.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:29 pm

More paperwork taken care of. other things filed and put away. dishwasher is ready to unload. dd younger is cranky -I think it is because I said she has to clean the dishes she dirtied. mmm mean mom moment. :lol: Not really but being kind but firm that it has to be done. (actually I am annoyed with it but it's better for me just to be kind but firm instead of cranky 8-) ).

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi!

Now I know why I gave away that white wing chair. We were at our favourite re-used store, and we were going into the "other" building that they store all the big furniture stuff, like headboards and counters and cabinets and book cases... to see if a shelf was still there that dh really wanted. As we walk into the building, we both see a bookshelf. We loaded both pieces on to the truck and drive back to the main building. The one shelf was $25 and the solid wood bookshelf was $10. It fit exactly where the wing chair used to live. I had enough books piled around to fill it!

Supper tonight is a chicken pot pie from Costco. We have never had it, but we have heard that they are good. Dh spent the day bottling pickled beets. 8 large and 8 small bottles. The small ones are for giving away. Some have onions and some don't.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi Blessed. We did have a little rain shower, but did not last long. Thank you for your kind words for dh.

I spent some time this afternoon looking at pictures and videos ddil#2 posted on FB. She and dgd16 have been in Scotland since last Sunday for the 2018 World Pipe Band Championships in Edinburgh. Their city band has won the 2018 Grade 2 competition. I am so happy for dgd and her band; I watched the video three times! https://www.facebook.com/cityofdunedinp ... =3&theater

Harriet, I hope ds and dfam have good weather and a great vacation this week.

I talked to ds#2 this afternoon and he will be here tomorrow to mow and trim.

Dinner is over; time to clean up the kitchen....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Oon my older tablet. Exceeded my log in attempt w the other one. :roll:

Hens are at their new home she sent 3 pics. The are in the barn for mow lots of room! She took a puck up load of hen & chick stuff too. :mrgreen: I rajed ten min. In the back pick up waterers aka ice cream buckets.

Kit. Is dry and looks awesome.
Got the touch done on the steps. Sunny thanks for the kudos on the steps.
Laundry is going.
Realtor is coming Mon. Afternoon. We looked at 2 lots.

Return to “Post When You Can”