taking the time for Sunday and yourself!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

taking the time for Sunday and yourself!

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:00 am

With our busy lives sometimes we forget to really take a day off; we know it is important but do we do it? How many take just that one day for yourself or even for an hour?

How many get stuck in the idea that you have too much to do?
Do you plan something good for yourself once a week at least? It doesn't have to be grand.
Where are you in the equation of your life?

The goal: take time for yourself to relax - read a book, have tea, listen to music, do a craft that you enjoy, walk in the woods and most of all breath.
What does Kat say: "You are beautiful"

wishing you all a brilliant day or evening where ever you are. Take time for you! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: taking the time for Sunday and yourself!

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:52 am

My day off was Fri. This week will be mid week.bc getting realtor ready Mon. Is happening. Trying not to stress h is happy with our progress! Yea, getting excited about building a new home it is starting to feel real.

Watered this morning trying to keep up the morning treck outside for activity level with hens gone to the mtns. I need to tweak my routine a bit. Tomorrow Will walk to the corner instead.

Waving to all.
Excited to get this tablet going better and found out how to draw on a notes program yea!
Qt x
Journal x

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:05 am

Blessed - an excellent reminder! Thank you!

We are home and in recovery mode.

Reflection from a Nana's point of view......It really takes a lot out of DH and myself to travel and be "ON" nonstop for a couple of days. From the moment we arrive to the moment we leave we are the center of DGS12 and DGD7 world. They want to show, tell and do everything with us. I am honored and feel blessed to be so welcomed and made such a big to-do when we visit DSon and family but I also gotta acknowledge that.... WHOA....it is high intensity and exhausting.

Reflection from a Mama's point of view......my heart is full to overflowing in watching DSon and DDIL interact with each other. They both have such strong personalities and both of them have such busy lives. I enjoy watching them working and coordinating together as a team. My hope is they never lose that closeness and tenderness toward each other. It makes this Mama's heart happy to observe our first born child doing so well.

I'm doing a little planning and organizing of the calendar. I've exported the google calendar events to excel so I can manipulate them. Now I can easily print a weekly calendar to hang on the refrigerator to keep DH and DS10 informed of the appointments. I've cut/pasted the daily calendar events into my Onenote daily pages. Now I am aware of what is heading our way and can hopefully be a bit organized this week.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:24 am

hello d lady and d nancy!! and d everyone!

Listening to services online. told the church I was interested in doing bible study this year.. I struggle with other things popping up and end up missing most of it. Last year the study was Paul and not my favourite.

I am signing into a couple programs at or local historical house - mostly violin, history etc but they have someone talking about the Quran that I am really interested in learning about. With the new wave of immigrants from Muslim faiths I would love able to understand and appreciate their religion and culture. I know it will be really cool.

well time to start the pool stuff.

dd older and I went out for jamba juice and I stopped by einsteins. Always enjoy individual time with my family.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:29 am

I got up the first time around 6:40 and went back to bed. (Dh and dsonil were going to a nearby flea market -which dsonil just loved!) I slept until about 9:30am. Guess I needed it. I've been slowly getting around this morning. Obviously did not make it to church. My body craved sleep I guess -well actually I know it did. Had a bunch of things for dsonil but he just dropped dh off. So, dh did his exercises, put on his ice and took them over -a whole package of angus bacon/cheese burgers (which dh cannot have), a T ervis mug, an insulated soda can mug, a plastic container of dd's. Little more out of our freezer. Have a package of angus Vidalia onion burgers once ddil/DS-R have room in the freezer. Then I have a couple of kielbasa packages for them as soon as they can take them. They may end up taking them home.

I'm making my first trip this year down to W mart in Geneseo shortly. There's some things I just can't get at other closer markets. I have ordered online a few times. The cost of higher prices cancels out the cost of gas going that far. I always make sure I have over the $35 low limit so we don't have to pay shipping.

It really takes a lot out of DH and myself to travel and be "ON" nonstop for a couple of days.
Know what you mean -even without the travel, LadyM. Know when all the kids are here I feel much that way. And I think I was dreading that constant feeling if/when DS-A and family took a permanent spot. The one they were going to take was only 2 away from us and I felt that same feeling of always having to be "ON". But, as I said a week or so ago, they decided against taking a permanent spot when he landed in the hospital with what they thought was a heart attack. He was there a couple of days and has a $10,000 deductible on his insurance. He was too afraid of what his hospital and ambulance bills would be. However, the ambulance should be free since he was chief of the fire department. Guess we'll learn down the road. Guess he really wanted to be close to us and I get that, we're not getting any younger.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:31 am

I'm enjoying a few moments of quiet right now. Dh and ds have gone to Costco. The houseguests are at Sunday school. Dh has gotten so "needy" on the weekends - he doesn't have hobbies so I think he's trying to rely on me to come up with things to do. It's work to me because I'd rather have down time. Funny way of thinking because sometimes he makes me feel guilty for down time on the weekends.

I have done a little of a.m. routine. We are going having dinner tonight with dfriends, while house guests are going to a concert - they were given tickets. I think (hope) they are doing some sightseeing this afternoon?

-breakfast/brunch, meds/vitamins
-clear kitchen counters
-start a lol
-make the bed
-brush and floss, will s2s later....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:26 pm

loving my new Fiskar's weeder!!! no more on my knees begging the weeds to come out. it doesn't pull every single root but does a lot. On crab grass its wonderful. the use of the lever and it's fulcrum point at its finest. no muscle needed. I worked a half hour and did a huge area without getting on my knees or major work. now I have to shovel it all up - now that will be work lol

https://www.amazon.com/Innovative-Autom ... 5105&psc=1

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:54 pm

sorry i was going to say hi individually but dh needs me ta ta

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:05 pm

I admit it! I came home absentmindedly singing,

"I am soooooo through with that week.
I am soooooo through with that week.
(some lyric or humming was here)
I am soooooo through with that week."

:lol: I think I was really that far along when I realized I was doing it.

Of course, in Sept schedule will be switched and I will have to decide whether I'll start going to the Sunday evening study, unable to see this time as a finish line again. And taking the time for Sunday and yourself may not be as possible. But for now, yay.

Tossed those polyester clothes off (whew) and got into my denim. Necklace off (choking sound), relief. And then made myself a cool, super-healthy smoothie and put my feet up.

That's an interesting contraption, blessed!

Twins', maybe repeat, following dh, the words he uses to make you feel that way. Then quote them again on a day when he isn't remembering his own philosophy very well? (smile)

I, too, am trying to make some wise decisions this month about courses I might take. The wisdom that is needed is weighing the use of precious hours against the hopes and dreams of bettering oneself. In a way, it's a decision between rewards - do I pursue the rewards of calm and simplification, or the rewards of interest and knowledge. Both are valid.

No matter what on that score.. ...
the coming week can and should be a "marathon" week of declutter and organization to make ready for so many upcoming things. Dd38's family visit at end of month. The march of the holidays, heading my way. (I hear the footsteps - listen, do you hear it?)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Cleaned the coop and built in nest boxes. Helped h do a better gate type of thing not what we had hoped for but will suffice. Did not hav.e to buy anything.
So that was good. Loaded stuff in the trailer to go to the dump. Got a few more things to be donated in the car trunk. Lunch is over. Did stopped by with dishes for me that I knew were coming, so took craft stuff out of chinna hutch and it now has my china in it,.

Return to “Post When You Can”