Monday Fake it until you Make it

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Monday Fake it until you Make it

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:20 pm

hello hello back from d old dogs nail trim - she has a blast every time we go! She loves it - it's so funny!

spoke to dd younger about our trip soon. I am on my on on the farm air bnb and colorado springs is 2 hours away. Nice thing I learned is they have medical emergency personal that go on this trip as well. Good for dd younger and for me (so I don't worry 8-) )

hi d elizabeth . sorry Friday was a roller coaster day! (((your d friend)))
Wishing your dd a great first day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Hello, villagers ~
LadyMaverick ~ Thanks for starting the thread today. Glad you felt rested to be up & at 'em.

Harriet ~ Good luck on those storage spots. I hope you find some treasures.

Blessedw2 ~ Hello, hello, I recognize those "habit strolls" in my days, too. :)

Twins'Mom ~ I hope you have a good day of R&R.

Ramblinrose ~ Clever use of your phone using the smaller screen to limit web surfing time.

Elizabeth ~ I'm sorry about your friend. I just recently saw the Hotel Transylvania DVD and I agree, silly and amusing fun. That's a happy result for Gypsy in her new home.

Nancy ~ You are inspiring me with your downsizing efforts and still continuing to do creative art projects.

I worked at the library Saturday and then spent the rest of the weekend with DH. We finally had the chance yesterday to go to the movie theater to see Avengers Infinity War.

Oops just noticed the time. I'd best eat my lunch and get ready for work. BBL.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Well I'm surely faking it right now.

I was greeted with a "oh, good you're up" this morning. Our A/C quit working last night and I tried to fix the thermostat which had corroded batteries inside but it still wouldn't work so I went to HD and got another one and installed it". Great. A/C still isn't working. I got the instruction manual out and tried to make heads or tails out of it. He got a programmable one. This, the guy who still has a flip phone gets a programmable one.

Many tries later with the manual in one hand and flashlight in the other, we gave up and called the man. We pulled both circuit breakers just in case this thing was trying to work somehow and might burn out or something equally disastrous. I have an overhead fan going and the temp inside continues to climb. Not too bad, only 82° inside and thank goodness it's cloudy outside.

As we started to wait, we decided we'd at least change 2 of the cold air return filters which were due so we didn't look like complete idiots when the man comes. That was fun up at the top of the tall ladder with the grill suddenly letting go and coming down on my head.

So I'm not doing anything strenuous so I don't get all overheated. Nice excuse! I need to cuop. Hoping y'all are having a better day than I am so far.

Oh GREAT! Call from the Man's company: they sent the Man to the OLD house. They installed this a/c at this new house 12 years ago. About 6 years ago they came and worked on it once HERE. This company is notoriously bad with their paperwork. They grumble when we haven't paid a bill, but we never get charged until we beg and beg for a bill or statement. Sheesh.
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Just got word my friend died.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Sweet Elizabeth - I am so very sorry!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:19 pm

I am faking it too d harmony 8-) :D
d harmony I hope they fix your a/c soon!

hello! d book ~
I am so happy you and your dh were able to have some time! good for you!

hi d nancy yay on home blessing!

dd is stopping by work even though it's raining. She doesn't have a migraine any more. She was in a lot of body pain yesterday though. So it is good she is getting out of the house.

Lol I told my dh that I am kicking him out of the house!!! I need to be alone in the house by myself for a bit. 8-) :D

wishing you all a good afternoon, evening or morning... where ever you are at.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:55 pm

I can see I can't get to the heavy cleaning in the kitchen so I hired a cleaning company to do my kitchen inside cabinets, fridge etc. (a thorough cleaning)! and they will do my bathrooms. (I have to take everything out of my cabinets tomorrow and everything out of my fridge wednesday so they can work in there. I was feeling a lot of anxiety about this so I needed to get it done.

They are coming wednesday afternoon - but I know dh will not be happy but i will!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:25 pm

Elizabeth, so sorry about your DFriend. But at least she's not in any distress any longer.

Blessed, enjoy your cleaners.

I cleaned out the one big drawer I have all my plastic containers in. I don't know what happens to these things. I either end up with more lids or more containers all the time. So every once in a while I have to go back in and match everything up and get rid of the extra mis-matched stuff.

So the man was here and he reattached the old thermostat because it was ok, just the batteries were corroded and we actually did not need the batteries at all. Those just make the system run if we have a power outage. Right. How's the system (electric) going to run anyway if the electric goes off? I picked his brain about all he was doing, cleaning out the condensation line which was clogged and caused a backup switch to turn the thing off before the condensation spilled over into the ceiling. He actually showed me how to do it all. So another maintenance chore on the list. $100 bucks and we're back up and running. I love this company!

Actually, I was to go out to where DH was finishing concrete today and help him with the edging. Had to stay here for this and couldn't go. Yeehaw, they got it done nicely without me! :lol:

Happy Birthday to BITTERSWEET!
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Oh my goodness. I have been on the phone for over an hour getting mother's insurance straightened out. I could cry. So much red tape repeating this and that and having to answer over and over and over again. We could cancel the medicare supplement but needed to re enroll in an different prescription plan because she no longer lives at her home address. Oh my goodness. I am more exhausted that ever.

I don't know what is wrong me with me today. I slept hard for an hour and could have slept longer but the guy to fix dishwasher was supposed to be here between 1 and 3 so I needed to be up and about. He's on his way now finally.

Feeling like I could use a good cry, i don't know if it's just feeling exhausted or from the excruciating phone call.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:50 pm

I am so sorry dearest twins that the red tape makes this so difficult! You don't need that! praying it gets easier.

Return to “Post When You Can”