Monday Fake it until you Make it

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Monday Fake it until you Make it

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:25 am

Let's do this!
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Monday Fake it till you Make it

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:37 am

I am feeling rested and ready to start the week.

This week we will add in 3 additional homeschool activities on top of the base lessons we have been doing. On Tuesday DS10 starts private Piano Lessons, on Wednesday he will go to Band Petting Zoo to select his instrument to learn and on Friday he will attend an Anatomy class dissecting cow parts. When I signed DS10 up for the Anatomy class, the biologist teaching the class was happy to share that he has arraigned with the butcher to have fresh cow parts (heart, lung, etc) for them to work with. Oh yeah.... groan

This week we have 3 medical appointments.....all of them on Tuesday so we will be watching our minutes so we can fit everything in.

I have a good start on the day but it is a full one so I want to continue at a good pace.

28 completed SHE cards.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:06 am

Let's do this!

The story here is more continuous spans of time this week.

So my week's plan is for BIGGER projects of organization. With dd20 here today, I hope we can pull everything out of a few closet/cabinet/storage spots that have become too mysterious :? , and redeem them for smarter use.

Best wishes on the time with the realtor, Nancy.

Happy Birthday, bittersweet!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:08 am

Good morning d Lady!!!
I hope your d son loves piano. (i love the name: Band petting zoo)
Actually it will be interesting that he will show them how the heart etc. works. I am more a vegetarian most times but I think it's important to understand about the body etc. through hands on work than books.

they do that in high school here (also in middle school) and if you join the medical interest group, at the high school, the students can see operations behind glass at the local hospital. dd older loved drs. without boarders and thought she might be interested in becoming a dr. then a surgeon. She found the operations interesting but realized it wasn't for her. She went to multiple surgeries and found it fascinating.

wishing you and everyone a great day d lady.

d harriet. I am terrified of the mysterious in my cabinets... 8-) :D. So happy your dd 20 is there today. Wishing you the best day. So happy you got that paper work done last week so you don't have to do it today! well done.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:11 am

I am trying hard to see how I use my time. I have created a time sheet so I can get a feel of where I fall down rabbit holes (not crazy but to be aware of how I go through my day). no rabbit holes but habit strolls (I know so corny ;) :D :lol: )

today: check planner and start.
old dog: nails getting cut.

Cheering you on.

Twins' Mom

Re: Monday Fake it until you Make it

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:05 am

I need to do some faking it today - I just can't get off the starting line. Houseguests just left and I am peopled out. I woke up tired and slow when ddog wanted me up, she's been walked and some of a.m. routine done.

I might get back into bed a while.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:06 am

Morning...

My routines are done and footprints were removed last night. Sink is shined and kitchen is cleaned.

To keep from falling down the rabbit hole, except when I plan on working my genealogy I use my phone while drinking my coffee and watching the morning news. I check messages, FB and here and once perryis on its my signal to get off my phone. I usually don’t do any more surfing till evening time otherwise I find I waste too much time.

Today I am meeting my friend at the movies. Showtime is at 10:30. That will give me time afterwards to buy some banker boxes I need to I can start up again with my house purging.

Wavingbto yall... need my second cup of coffee and Perry’s on.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:14 am

Good morning everyone! Friday was a real roller coaster of a day. First, I realized it is a 3 paycheck month, so much happiness. Right after that, I got the call that a friend is dying. She was released from the hospital to home hospice. The family does not want visitors or calls. It was Bunco night, but I kept getting calls from friends of the "did you hear" variety. She has had stage 4 cancer for a decade, and has really declined recently, so no one is shocked, just sad.

Saturday got off to a rough start, with Chelsea hiding instead of going to cat clinic. I ended up having to leave her. We had two new cats, a 9 and a 13 year old, we expected to be hard to place. They already have an application and we are hoping it will go through. The x has DD16 this weekend, so I had free time and took myself to Hotel Transylvania Saturday evening. Silly and amusing, just what I needed. The movie price wasn't horrible, but the Icee was $4.75!!! I called the xBFF because in grad school we were movie buddies, but it was her daughter's last evening before heading to college, so definite no go there. She talked about getting back into the movie habit. She may be resurfacing after three years of nothing but boyfriend.

Sunday, I had to get Gypsy's shots then the cat coordinator and I delivered her to her new home. We were going to wait on having her meet the dog, but she was so relaxed and at ease, the dog was brought in. She was on the stairs and they looked at each other, no barking and she sprawled on the stair with complete confidence.

When I got home from dinner, I got very little done. Just the daily stuff. I did get in some dance and am continuing the Halloween style because it is fun. I am trying to clear out my freezer by eating out of it and have another boring lunch. I got a catalog in the mail that has Halloween stuff and things that might work for Christmas present, including one for me. I will have to look at my debt to budget ratio tonight during bills and budget to see what (if anything) I can order. I also need to cook something, dance, and work on Christmas crochet.

DD16's first day of 10th grade is today.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:41 am

I have done most of the home blessing hour. Taking a breather. I am so glad that we did outside work yesterday because we are socked in with smoke here today.

Ready for realtor h is off off. I just need to change clothes. Lunch is done.

Happy birthday bsweet.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:08 pm

b is sweet Happy Birthday!!!

Return to “Post When You Can”