Monday Fake it until you Make it

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Monday Fake it until you Make it

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:10 pm

Blessed - WOW!! A completely cleaned kitchen and bathroom sounds like a huge project. Will you be packing the things inside the cabinets or just moving them to a different room?

Harmony - add that to a long LONG list of things that you can do. I am awestruck.

(((Elizabeth)))) I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

(((Twins))) There are so many emotions that you are dealing with in the past couple of years. Your DSister, your DBro and your DMom mental & physical health decline. Please give yourself plenty of grace and space.

This morning homeschool started rough but then we settled into a good pace. When we stopped for lunch I used my time to watch part of the "Front of Class"movie about IRL person who grew up with Tourettes but didn't let it stop him. I want to watch the movie before DS10 did to make sure it would be a good influence on him. I really liked this movie!

65 completed SHE cards
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:48 pm

The guy is fixing the dishwasher now.

Trying to figure out why I am feeling "stuck" right now.

Thank you, LadyM. I do forget - will just be two years in Oct since my sister died.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:15 pm

d lADY HELLO! just moving them to the family room. I am pretty good at getting rid of things in this room any way. I think I will hug them all when they leave!!! dd younger will help me - I haven't asked yet but I am sure she will. (if not 8-) :lol: )

oh my gosh i so understand that feeling right now d twins. it's because of your responsibilities and others expectations as well as regular life.
(((so hard d Twins about your sweet sis))).
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Lots of faking it today here, night clothes are under the cover on the bed by the pillow, h faked a fix of a drawer for now until he can get to it on a weekend. But at least it is not ajar. I have clothes in a box looks like I am packing but might be laundry lol I am not telling. Washer twins are both going.

He glued on a handle on the glass for real to the med. Cabinet, and got the door so the latch does not stick.

And now we wait.
I got a calendar in my faith planner, had to put the numbers on it bc it was undated glad I had it however.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Nancy, ya'll are doing great. You've gone from a long l-i-s-t ( ;) ) to just a few final touches.

Condolences to you in the loss of a friend, Elizabeth.

((Twins')) part of it was likely being "tied" to a phone, too. As you became convinced you needed a break you probably couldn't take one.

Did I say Saturday I was "trudging", I think? That's how I feel today, but at least today there is visible change, however modest. I have organized the shelving that holds recipe books, small appliance manuals, etc. A lot has been tossed, including recipe books that make no sense for me to have, but were inscribed too personally to donate. Have a box of recipe books for donation.

Treasures? Well, BookSaver, I have found a few of my dmother's book(let)s that are collectors' items - like a book with a recipe from each of the 50 governors' wives in 1969 (published '70), and books that are specific to appliances from the '50s - '70s. Also a scrunchie I made dd years ago (I'm guessing she used it to hold a place in a book?).

I was amused that the determination to honor the governors was so great, that every woman's recipe "by-line" was to ignore her own name, and be ascribed to "Mrs. John Doe, wife of the governor of wherever". The wife from South Dakota, however, found a loophole! Patricia (who only died recently) titled her recipe to begin with her own name : "Pat Farrar's Favorite Pheasant Feast" (chicken casserole with canned soup!). :D

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:18 pm

Wanted to 'pop' in and at least wish DBittersweet a Happy Birthday. Did remember that much. We've been on the go all day. Though I wonder how we filled 6 hours away with Dh's eye appointment, then on to B J 's to get gas and find hearing aid batteries for dh. From there we went to a town about 20 miles north so I could go to rehab. Stopped & picked up dinner for us on the way. Left at 11:15am and got back at 5:15pm. Still can't figure where that 6 hours went. Now I'm tired.

Dh needed new glasses -well he did anyway as he lost one of the lenses from his about a month ago. But he had a new prescription anyway. So they're ordered and paid for.

He's taken the golf cart up to visit with folks at pot luck. One person, in particular, was going to be there and he wanted to be sure to catch her. She sold her RV a couple of weeks ago and has moved out of the park.

Other dneighbors and close friends will be leaving tomorrow. They go to Lazy Lakes in western NY for a couple of weeks and then will be heading south. Our dfriends next to us will be leaving for FL the 30th so slowly the exodus begins. Our dd plans to fly up 10/25 and help dsonil close up their RV, then driving back south with him. She gets in Thursday evening and they'll be leaving early as possible on Saturday morning. Imagine they'll be pulling out in the wee hours. But then, maybe they won't as they'll have to winterize before they leave -unless they leave it for dh and his helper to do.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:26 pm

hi d dee I am glad you popped in! :D you did the a busy day!

hi d harriet! visible changes feel good! yay on the tossing of things you are no longer using. That woman was a clever one wasn't she. I like her spunk.

hi d nancy! you really have done so much! well done!

hello all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:32 pm

I needed to sit a bit bc I was so so tired and don't know why. very frustrating. It feels like a headache around the corner (I usually get very tired before one). It has been raining slowly all day on and off. The weather people said there is a possibilities of tornados. It is very still outside right now - kind of cool.
time to finish the greek bread salad - us regular bread and dd younger her gluten free bread

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Phew survived that meeting with the realtor, but she is coming back tomorrow to do paperwork and photos I think.
H. Was please with the figures discussed so that was a relief. Not much to change for a showing.
I can let go of the toddler bed, take down framed art, and start packing stuff up after tomorrow.
Dson will be over for yd bug spraying mid week.
I have a letter to get off in the mail.
We still have a load in the trailer to take to the dump.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:51 pm

Ladies, I am fascinated with the new (to me) PLANNER industry. Apparently planners have become the new scrapbooks? I can scroll forever, looking at all the "accessories" for the CREATE 365 BIG HAPPY PLANNER. This is amazing. And of course, this is only one of the options out there now... I'm just amazed. (I am still waiting on my new $4.99 LION planner from Amazon to arrive, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be disappointed, b/c I am pretty sure it does NOT lie flat. OTOH, for $4.99, my hope was/is only to see if I will actually use a DAILY planner format, or if I need to stick with my self-styled system using a spiral notebook. But still... there are sooo many cute options out there. And of course, everyone in the sample pages fills out their list in such BEAUTIFUL lettering... in beautiful ink colors... and apparently they never have to scribble anything out. LOL!

Well, today has just been a normal day around here, thank goodness.
A HUGE HOORAY -- dmom volunteered the news (before I even told her I had talked to the doctor) that she had just told her preacher's wife she would be at ass't living until the 4th! * WHEW *
BIG SIGH OF RELIEF.
And actually, she is now paid up till the 5th b/c she agreed, it would be best to see if the doctor actually DOES take the pins out on the 4th, and if all looks well on the x-rays.
Doctor said he would not send PT until she is out of the boot, and he does not want her driving while she is IN the boot... so I am very, very glad to know she is well-cared for until that point.

DS will leave tomorrow night and he and dd, dgd, and the ddog will be returning Wed. DGS will spend the night with us tomorrow night and I'll have to get him to school Wed. morning (and probably pick up after, but that's no problem.) I told dmom I might not see her till THURS. b/c (1) tomorrow I am taking her car to be cleaned, at her request and (2) tomorrow or Wed., I may be accompanying dh to the doctor. Dmom was fine with that.
DH is still feeling awfully weak, but not nearly as bad since that one night when he had me so scared. He went to church yesterday, but he was worn out the rest of the day. He went on his own today to get a follow-up x-ray.

So glad things sound good re: the realtor, Nancy!

(((Blessed))) Hope there's no headache on its way!

Harriet, I'd love to see that cookbook -- the governors' wives. I wonder if there are any on ebay or anywhere. What is the name of it?

OH -- can't forget to wish Bsweet a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D

Still can't figure where that 6 hours went. Now I'm tired.

That is always the case when I'm out of the house for anything, Dee.

(((Elizabeth))) I am so sorry about the loss of your dfriend.

(((Twins))) I am nodding in agreement with LadyM... you have had a TON of weight on your shoulders the last few years. Give yourself plenty of time to recharge and take all the time you need, whenever you need it.

Well, unlike LadyM... I didn't complete any SHE cards... but today's accomplishments would be:
* phone call to dmom's doctor
* errands
-- drug store (twice, once for drop off, once to pick up)
-- post office
-- dmom's house to swap our truck for her car again
-- ass't living
-- -- paid for days through Sept. 5! :D
-- ds's house to get him and dgs (I have no idea why I didn't tell him to drive over here, except we both wanted to look at the menu at --
-- restaurant in town for pick up
-- home to eat (b/c dh didn't want to miss Braves' game)
-- back to restaurant b/c the left out our salads :evil:
* ate supper
* played w/dgs (this mostly consisted of me lying on the bed and closing my eyes when he turned off the light and announced it was night in the Fisher Price town, and opening my eyes when he turned it on and announced day)
* took ds & dgs home
* read the paper

The errands part took me approx 6 hours, too, Dee -- from the time I left home until the time we ate supper -- and like you, it seems like WHY did it possibly take so long??? * sheesh *

One more thing. I must strive to keep up exercise this week. So I am going to the bedroom to watch Dateline on the DVR and walk away the pounds. If I can't do 15, I can at least do 5, right? See y'all tomorrow!

Oh -- btw -- I fully realize that having the most beautiful well-organized planner known to man/woman is going to do me absolutely no good at all if I don't find some BGS and get myself busy.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”