Whacky Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Whacky Wed.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:25 am

Having a whacky Wed. Here. How about you how is your Wed. Going? Up at 3 H. just left. We had a pleasant convo. Today so that was good.
I brought in some patio furniture bug guy aka dson is going to spray today this morning.
bs was way up a bit of sniffles could be the cause or stress.
Laundry is going.
Did some updating on the ever growing list in card file central and in my off line planner.
Need to journal.
Talked with Dd lastt evening that helped.
Waving to you all who follow.
Glad patio stiff is cleaned less to blow around 8f we get winds from the Hawaii huracane Lane at cat. Five now very near cat. 6. Ack.

Making progress on transitioning to my new tablet but it is slow. Maybe getting the thing to sync. With accounts. But one more pw left to rest pain in the kiester running out of patiebpnce withe the proces so will try that again on another day.

I have done hand wash.
Got the rest of the upper cabinets wiped out on the inside, decluttered a bag of trash, and started another bag of donations.

It is calm today anticipating pinapple express in a few days from Hawaii, we usually get weather from that direction.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

helia

Re: Whacky Wed.

Postby helia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:39 am

Wow, you're up early, nancy. Ds has told us about haze and the campfire smell from fires in Oregon that have reached where he is in WA. If you're on the other side of the mountains, maybe you're sheltered from that. He hasn't told us about the winds.

My days are feeling a little too packed by external commitments these days. But I think I'm handling them OK. I'm hoping I get fewer hours at payroll next session. Just 2 more weeks until then. . . . .

The course pack for the class I'm developing is due on Monday. I'm going to see if I can extend that to Tuesday; I also have a writing assignment that needs to be graded for Monday + a busy upcoming weekend with activities Saturday a.m. (longer jog), afternoon (taking dd20 to the airport :( ), and evening (dinner out with friends). Sunday is church in the morning, a matinee with our small group in the afternoon, and we usually have the C family over for Sunday dinner.

Not really adding to the busyness but taking away from the solitude I sometimes crave at home is the fact that Dd22's friend M arrived yesterday and is staying with us now for an indeterminate amount of time. Her home is not a healthy place for her right now. We offered our home. Not super dramatic, but her parents are going through a divorce, and she's caught in the middle in an unhealthy way. Her mother agreed with her that it would be better for her to be out of the house during this time. Eventually, she'll be off to an internship in Europe -- with dh's sister, in fact! -- but she's still waiting for her work visa from the Dutch government.

I'll be out of the house today with payroll and a Circles meeting from about 1 - 7.

Today's Main Goals:
1. Jog! I think that will help my state of mind. And it's nice and cool here this morning
2. Payroll prep: 2 classes + finish grading a writing assignment
3. Payroll: teach 2 classes; leave the house at 1
4. Meeting with my Circle @ 6; this will get me home at 7
5. Dinner for 5: pork roast and beans in the crockpot, rice, roasted br. sprouts

Next:
- some qt
- go jog
- s2s and self care

Accomplishments:
- up late
- dogs out, in, fed, watered
- checked email and web sites
- kitchen fully reclaimed
- tea

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:25 am

I love seeing Helia here!

I am heading out in a minute to meet dd and take her to work - her car needs some work today. Have taken out recycling, s2s-ed but haven't had breakfast or walked the ddog. I need to go in at temple for a minute to drop something off.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:54 am

We just decided we need eet to calm down & carry on. I thought it was better to do some cleaning of shelves inside today. I think h is just wanting comfort foods and I am not in cooking mode these days. But pigs in a blanket are on the menu for dinner so I do have a plan yea.
Upper cabinets in kit & both bathrooms wiped out yea!

Here it is!
http://www.pattyluther.com/propertydeta ... sid=135388
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:54 am

it definitely has been a whacky wednesday for us.
dd younger had to go to a sailing event at 4:30 this morning. It's a big thing for a company. dd younger is taking out a group of employees with a friend. She met a professional photographer who works with the photographer she is meeting this next wednesday. Only thing is she got cut on a rock and my need stitches. (but she is still sailing :shock: ) As a mom - let it go. It must not be bad enough if she is still there. She said it's a good right cut but I would assume if it kept bleeding she would leave. I know she doesn't want to leave the event. They are taking them out sailing now which will be an hour. The waves where 6 feet yesterday. I hope it is better today. But it is cold!

I would love to say hi individually but I have to take things out of my cabinets for ladies at 1 pm - I was supposed to do it yesterday and things happened. d mom lost her license after we went out to get her stuff and target. Thank goodness she found it behind a cc. My d mom is so organized so she never would have thought that she would have done that. Everything has a place. So we had to look around etc. Thank goodness she keeps a xerox copy of her license and passport. My d brother was a huge help talking to her. I told her this happens to me but she thought I was just being nice. lol I thought she me. lol.

I am wishing you all a great day. I am sorry this was an all about me.. I DO wish you an awesome day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:46 am

Nancy - Congratulations on reaching this point in your home sale. POTB! You have done well to get so much accomplished for the listing.

I hit the floor running this morning and have been going steadily for over 4 hours. I stopped to check & update the SHE cards whle drinking a glass of tea.

DS10 is studying Bangladesh this week so I made a dish that is popular there (according to the website). It is not much different from the Lentil dish that I make regularly but it does have more spices.

This afternoon is DS10 first exposure to band. They are having a Petting Zoo so kids can examine the various instruments before making their choice. DS10 thinks he wants to do percussion instrument but who knows what he will pick after holding each of the instruments?

49 completed SHE cards
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:01 am

It was 'whacky' here. I tried to get on the internet. Had none till just now. Finally dh told me that one of the electric companies for the surrounding area had a planned outage for a couple of hours this morning. That would have knocked out our internet. Trying to convince dgs13 to hook up his xbox in our bedroom. He stated he doesn't 'think' it can be plugged in there but I think since it's a brand new TV that he surely can plug this in. :? It will free up the living room TV for dh so he can watch the G aithers and fall asleep in his recliner. It also will give me back my chair for my laptop. Dh will just need the bed for 2 of his exercises.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:14 am

Good morning! I wish it were a wacky day for me, it's just a slog until the funeral. I am leaving payroll early so I am not late.

Yesterday was DD16's first day of school and she had homework which required the library. I already have 7 or 8 books checked out, so I worked on their puzzle. My lunch is still boring, same as yesterday. I am out of sorts.

I had never heard of an IV bar, but I would NOT enter one! Sounds like a really good place to acquire hepatitis along with your vitamins. I also thought oxygen bars were silly, but at least not dangerous.

I know why lucylee's DH is not upgrading to unlimited data. Same reason I'm not: $$$.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:21 am

I am back - took dd to work, gassed up my car, picked up at the drugstore and at vet's office.

Next:
-walk the dog
-breakfast and meds
-start a lol
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper on breakfast bar counter
-take out kitchen garbage

Elizabeth, so sorry for your friend's passing. Keeping you in my thoughts.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:35 am

Wacky today in that I got off on a late start. Dd20's classes begin in earnest today, so she was bustling and awakened me quite early, so then my attempt to get back to sleep took a while. I was beginning to think it was silly, just get up. But I guess that was when I fell to sleep and ultimately got up LATE. Sigh. We need to figure this out.

She's a commuting student so far this year, now that her dorm has been torn down rather than renovated over the summer as planned. :roll: And the other reasonably-priced choices were reserved for freshmen and sophomores. We may regret it, but we're trying it this way for a while. Her friend who lives nearby and used to be her ride home sometimes, seems to be doing well with it. She could always re-apply at semester change if necessary. HRH insists that he is going to be happier this way, at least.

blessed, that's fascinating and confusing at the same time. I don't believe there is any data on that type of IV usage being proven to help people who could digest food to get the same benefit. Of course, someday there may be plenty. But if there were scientific studies that actually showed benefits, the medical journals would be publishing them. The expertise needed to perfectly formulate a concoction to individual need and be sure not cause any problems - wow, that would be mind-boggling, and for a computer to calculate, I think. It certainly takes the expertise of our digestive systems out of the picture.

HRH is into a project - he wants to build a long shelf in the kitchen. Hmmm... ..

Return to “Post When You Can”