Whacky Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Whacky Wed.

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:18 pm

i love having Helia here as well!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:19 pm

I am running to get a coffee - I don't do it often but after emptying all the cabinets i want one. :shock: :D

i will say hi soon.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:35 pm

i love having Helia here as well!
Ditto!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:24 pm

I am horribly in shock on how much was in my cabinets and fridge :shock: They aren't here yet which worries me. But my cabinets are all empty

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi!

I spent most of yesterday moving books around. Almost all of the books are now on shelves. There were easily over 100 that needed to be put away. I found more duplicates.

Island is slowly being cleared and I have a l!$t of 10 things I want done before the 1st when we have company. I very rarely make actual l!$ts, so this is a biggie for me.

Tonight we are having something I have never made before, but it sounds like a cross between lasagna and pasta with meat sauce. I don't actually have ziti, but apparently penne can be used in it's place. The there is the meat sauce with an onion sautéed and 2 "bottles" of spaghetti sauce. I will be adding garlic, oregano and green pepper. Pasta goes on the bottom and gets covered with the meat sauce. Cheeses go on top of that and you stick it in the oven for 45 minutes. Yep, sounds like lasagna to me.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Nancy, you did a great job with your house and it looks so neat and cleaned out. I wish my surfaces were as bare as yours. Good luck!

I've been just puttering around here. Got stopped just now by someone at the door who was canvasing for votes for someone. Candidate was one of the names I had questions about... so I asked and she didn't have much information but took our card to give to the headquarters...now we'll have a phone call interruption sometime.

Need to run to pharmacy, 1 of 2 Rx is in, would have been nice if both were there together.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:09 pm

Well -- the new planner arrived. Nah, I'm not going to like it -- too much flipping back and forth from monthly calendar to daily pages. I filled out the first two weeks of Sept -- starting on Aug 26, so I could "officially" start on my birthday week. It's a 12-month, undated format. But right now, I don't even have the energy to think about goals and rewards and it doesn't have a place for the day's "top 3" or anything like that.
I can see that it IS good to have an hourly format, so I can see that yes, dmom's 12:30 appt next week will basically take up 5 hours of my day. So I can see where my hours go, and MAYBE figure out on a weekly basis where to put housework?
I also tried color-coding... what I do for dmom, what I do b/c dh wants to do it, etc... (ballgames), what I do for me... mmm hmmm... that is kinda depressing. Have to pick up dgs in about 20 minutes. I am so tired...

I went back to bed after dropping him off at school this morning, but ONLY AFTER A FRANTIC SEARCH FOR MY CAR KEYS. No problem getting him there, b/c I used dh's keys... but oh. my. goodness. I was about to cry. I looked and looked and prayed and prayed and finally (about the third time through) I saw part of the key ring poking up between the seats of dmom's truck -- the one that caused all the unexpected trouble yesterday. * whew *
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Yikes. Would you believe I went down the rabbit hole? Working on research for the Pro Gen assignment for next month. :shock: The poor dog never got a walk but she seems to have forgotten. I'll give her an extra lap this evening if she wants....

So....
-reboot laundry
-take out kitchen garbage
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper
-make the bed
-head out - need to take dh's shirts to cleaners

Lucylee, did you get the Best Self planner? It sounds a little like it. I keep my calendar on google calendar and just copy it into the planner as I'm planning the week. I like the undated pages too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Would you believe I went down the rabbit hole?

:| Yes. Yes, I would.

Whew, lucylee. A little more movement and it could have taken weeks to find those! You dodged a bullet there.

HRH returned with the truck and was going to be home a while, so I went out to a main grocery trip. Big detour was that I ran into his mother in the grocery, and she is the biggest talker - she puts me to shame. So I was already worried about produce that sat a long time in my cart. She happened to know that HRH's cousin's dd40 was headed to my house :shock: (she is a notary and was meeting HRH and a seller here as they transferred title of a trailer).

I headed home, assuming they would certainly be finished and gone by the time I got there. But found her, her dgf HRH's uncle, and both her boys still here visiting. So the groceries waited longer (though I got them in the house). I busied myself, quickly finding something for the boys to do (bored to tears) and offering uncle some ice water. HRH never thinks of these things. Cousin was deep in conversation about computers with HRH.

They are sweet boys. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Hopefully, the frozen things and produce were no worse for the time!

blessed, with everything out of your fridge, I hope they hurry!

I had a no-hassle load of laundry in while I was gone, so a little something got done here at the same time. That's tumbling now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:33 pm

quick wave!!! ~~~~

Return to “Post When You Can”