Conga Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Conga Friday

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Did not mow. Dropped off donations. Joann's did not have the project sheets. So I did not get any thing.
Dson called today 2x to chat. He seems excited about our house for sale. Dd has a new job.

Store run done. New coffee maker works. Food is put away. I am trying to erase footprints.
H is home now. Last load is in the dryer now.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:54 pm

DONE! I finished up an ad hoc report, and best of all, wrote up instructions on how to do that type of report. Because they are infrequent, I have trouble remembering the procedure and the have to relearn the tricks every time. Not anymore! I have also made progress on a different type of report. The daily loads had problems today, and I set them to run again tonight. Not sure if I will have time to generate a changelist for a coworker, it is 40 minutes until time to leave.

I looked up Bo and found out it is a staff weapon. This is good, it will be the easiest to implement. I will simply take a dowel and sharpie marker it brown. It does not require a sheath, Donatello (ninja turtle) sticks it in his belt.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:11 pm

Home from a full fun-filled day. I am thankful for each of these days. DMom reminded me this morning that the Grandkids grow up fast and to enjoy these years. I'm doing my best.

I can easily do 12 straight hours of non-stop doing and going, but then I am done. D.O.N.E. After 12+ hours, I just want to be still and not make any more decisions. DS10 is still full of energy and going strong. He is currently outside playing with neighborhood kids.

DD starts another new job on Monday. This job change puts DGD7 here everyday 6am to 6pm. That means we are in charge of taking/getting her to school, doing homework and feeding her all meals.

Yesterday DGD7 curled up in my lap while she cried and cried. DD made the decision to not keep DGD7's puppy. I struggled BIG TIME to keep my thoughts & emotions in check and just be there for DGD7.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:17 pm

Oh, ((LadyM and dgd)). Difficult.

I got the house in reasonable shape through the morning.

Errand Day was delayed a couple hours because I was unable to refuse friend's insistence that I go to lunch with he and HRH. It was very enjoyable, though a high-sodium and high-oil meal that will throw my plans for a while - not too badly, i hope.

Back home, we were surprised to have minister show up with a monetary gift to the church from the homeschoolers who use the building one day a week. The problem that sent him rushing to my house without even calling was that the envelope was discovered 3 months late :shock: left at church under the keyboard of a computer that the minister almost never uses any more. Someone must have assumed he'd find it when he used the computer, but either that never happened, or happened with too little movement. Or, of course, he could have just forgotten that someone told him exactly where it was - that's very possible. At any rate, the checks not yet being deposited were a concern, plus a money order and cash needed to be protected.

Having been delayed by friend's wishes, I was available, to quickly get a deposit ready before leaving on my Errand Day and get it all taken care of before the end of another banking week passed.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:22 pm

I mowed watered the back yard, cooked pasta for h lunches, dinner is done. Made deviled eggs.
Washed and cut my hair before I left for town.
Resting on the couch watching the game now.

Tomorrow going to take a load to the dump.
Work on my storage shelf in sewing zone. X
Still need to put sheets back on one bed I am tired. X

Got sheets back on the last bed just in time. Z-z-z...

Wtg everyone you wowed us with your progress!

Return to “Post When You Can”