Satisfying Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Satisfying Saturday

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:21 pm

We did the dump run.
After that went to an open house the one that ours is in competition with the deal fell through on that one because they cannot get zoning permit for a shop on it. It is on a busier street. Glad we went the realtor that is going to fill in and do the open house for us was there.
I watered the back yd.
We've had lunch.
We have good air today here.
Watering on th,e last spot now.
1 of two loads of laundry is going.

Currently I have my info. On Lists in my happy planner on discs. In various sizes. I like like them bc I can use it like a spiral note book folded back on itself. Mini one has daily to do a list, classic size for a record and info to keep. Large size is my art planner. I struggle with the zones bc they do not fit my house size I sort of rotate around. Need to put in the sheds in the fall and spring.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:05 pm

I’m a Marverick, I don’t do cards or planners

I use my calander blotter for appointments and do things as they need to be done. Laundry on Sat. Sheets on Sunday’s, flip coushions on Monday’s, change filters first of the month clean as needed including bathrooms every few days.

I usually look around the house before I go to bed to figure out what I need to do the next day. If I open a drawer or closet and don’t like the way it looks I take time to do it right then and there.

When I was working things were different and I was more strict with my home. And because I stuck to my morning and evening routines for years they are automatic now. No need to plan for that now.

Now that I am retired I have more of a “see and do”’philosophy. Also with just two of us here life is much more relaxed. Things get done when they need to be done.

I finally got the boxes I need to continue to purge my home. In my mind I have planned where I want to start so I will use my tried and true P&p plan I’ve done for 35 years. I’ll start in my mb and work left to right and then methodically go through my home the same way I bless my home.

I want it all done by Cmas which is most doable as I have a vacation and holidays in between not to mention my headache and now stomach which can and will throw any well planned plan out the window.

This week I lost four days due to migraines and I lost today due to my stomach ... see what I mean :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:45 pm

1. Do you use a planner, cards, or some combination system?
2. Do you follow our 11-week zone plan, F lyldy’s 5-week zone, or something else?

1. Cards
2. Focus Cleaning rounds (11-weeks 4 times, then maintenance, yes)

And my declutter is easy to remember because it's always the space that's upcoming for cleaning.

Speaking of which, the entryway is spiffed here. Porch is clear and only usable furniture (each piece just spray-washed) is there, and it's enjoyable - many compliments from our company yesterday. He was most happy to find what he called "sized for a man" chairs - those 2 are inherited from my father. While I was able to sit very comfortably in the rocker given to me by dfirstmil. One child's rocker there, too.

Perhaps I should say, I almost always do buy a small planner in late Dec. My use of them has never been consistent, but it's as if it peaks my interest sometimes for a little extra inspiration, being able to see in a different format. Every once in a while I'll print out a PocketMod, or print out some other freebie form to schedule myself for a while. But IF nothing except the cards were there for me, I'd be fine. They are the basis.

Return to “Post When You Can”