Satisfying Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Satisfying Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:38 pm

Satisfied this morning to awaken to the sensible 5 x 5 I'd made out last night, listed in a smart order. I'm finished with 4 and the last is prep for tomorrow, so I'm pleased.

A lot of times the correct order is really important - today, so that I wouldn't miss the mail, and dd could even handle mailbox as she left. Time saved.

Satisfied that HRH and I had a wonderful evening together last night, sitting outside with the hens a while and then without them. Enjoying our porch, then a tv movie.

blessed and Harmony - I was sure I was going to be posting more yesterday, when Twins' first posted Conga Friday, and then HRH's friend turned out to be so disappointed that I wasn't joining them. I realized he was genuinely interested in reacquainting with us both, so I set chores aside. Then when a few more "fires" popped up, I could only get back here late.

helia, that's a tough airport trip. ((hugs))

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:55 pm

hello for a sec! hello d helia and d harriet!

going to denver - stop at vail village - dd younger is going to zapata ranch for a photo shooting thing (keeping fingers crossed about her health) and I am staying an airbnb 21 minutes away.

d mom is calling.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:35 pm

Fairly satisfied, so far. ;)
I am s2u, hair washed, legs shaved.
Got dmom’s meds ready for the coming week.

I have to stop at store for her, and stop at her house, and stop at store for us, and then... dgs will be over to spend the night.
I don’t know how this is going to work when dgd starts begging to stay too! I think they will have to alternate weeks.

I have a QUESTION — two actually — and I would have made a poll, but I couldn’t remember how to do that.

1. Do you use a planner, cards, or some combination system?
2. Do you follow our 11-week zone plan, F lyldy’s 5-week zone, or something else?

I’m just curious to know what is working best for everyone else. :) Thanks!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:12 pm

quick hi again. hi d lucy...
hi d cats as well
I am working with your and thinking of you all of you!!!
weekly laundry room is done - the shelves need cleaning but not until later when I come back.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:15 pm

1. I use a combo
2. my bwp and my zones and round robin are out of whack!!! I haven't been able to keep current since May. I had done so well but my clutter (and dd youngers and dh's and my d mom's donations to dd younger had taken over).

everything is off kilter but I am trying.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:14 pm

2. Do you follow our 11-week zone plan, F lyldy’s 5-week zone, or something else?

1. I use a calendar, planner, and cards. My calendar kept in google, the planner is kept in OneNote, cards are kept in Excel spreadsheet.
2. I don't follow any zone plan. Instead, I do projects. My projects are accomplished by doing VERY small consistent improvement to the project area every day. I think it took me a couple months to finish the front porch. I decluttered, painted, installed new railings, new lights, and a camera system. It was accomplished by a daily project card that simply said "Project = Make 1 decision about the front porch" Now I'm working on the garage using the same method. One decision a day. It is so small of a requirement that I don't resist doing it.

I decided not to cook outdoors. Our home smells wonderful. Fresh baked bread and meatloaf are done.

Last night Sam (puppy) chewed up DS10 shoes. ARGH. DS10 only has one pair of shoes so that meant we had to go buy a new pair of shoes today. DS10 has stayed the same shoe size for 37 days now. When his feet quit growing so fast then I will buy more than one pair at a time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:20 pm

Harriet, I didn't do much conga-ing inside the house yesterday either. Outside the house, however, I was a dance-master. Of course, it left me exhausted and frustrated yesterday.

Today is quiet - however we'll be out this evening to a gala affair. I'm wearing the dress I got for the "cocktail attire" wedding in the spring - it's navy and sleeveless with a beautiful scarf wrap so it will do.

I need to find my planner pad to start my list for next week. I have several genealogy projects going and need to do prep for cousins next weekend and Rosh Hashanah on Sept 10.

------------------

left this sitting here while I napped....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi d twins.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:39 pm

hi I got lost on spacing out - time for the 3 season room and put the clean rug back into the family room.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:55 pm

1. Yes.
2. In theory, 5 week zone. In practice, not since I've moved (although I did rework the system to account for living in the apartment.) I've hit every zone chore maybe once every six months or year at best. Remember some of those are monthlies!

Explanation for 1. I use:

* planner, bullet-journal style. Mostly tracks non-homemaking tasks - my volunteer jobs, my payroll job and my personal & family obligations. I sometimes track dh's activities since they affect me (i.e. can't vacuum during conference calls.)

* my daily & weekly 'cards' are entries in Google calendar. They are entered to repeat at the appropriate interval. I often go weeks without actually looking at them but about 80% are habit so things get done on a semi-regular basis.

* my zone chores are on sheets of paper on a clipboard buried under piles of paperwork on my desk. I get points for knowing exactly where it is. Minus one point because the clipboard is neon pink so pretty hard to lose, even in a stack.

* dh has an excellent tickler system using email. Since I'm failing to look at my zone sheets currently, he has a tickler for change the vacuum cleaner bag and the Brita Filter.

Satisfying Saturday

I'm satisfied because I got two projects and one activity done:

1. updated our scratch off world map and updated the country and state lists (I've been to 52 countries and overseas territories and 35 US states.) I've been meaning to do that since January (dh added Iceland and we added 5 states last year on the way to/from the eclipse.) The frame buckles in the heat of the sun so it fell apart weeks ago and was sitting on the dining table.

2. I made a washi tape dispenser for all my fancy tapes (I use them to decorate pages quickly in my bullet journal since I won't take time to do fancy artwork with it - mine is plain except for stickers and tape and coloured pens to track different activities.) The pieces for that have been on the table for 2 weeks. I designed the dispenser, dh assembled and I covered it with contact paper.

The travel map got wet somehow and left residue on the table so I took everything else off the table and have deep polished it with oil after removing the residue. That's an ongoing project since the oil gets rubbed down every few hours until let tonight.

3. We walked over to watch them assemble a construction crane 3 blocks from here. The road is closed for the weekend while they do the work. Looks like they'll finish today.

The apartment needs a house blessing, major tidy, and the spare bedroom needs fresh sheets since we have guests arriving on Tuesday and we're gone all day Monday. So that's on my evening to-do list.

Return to “Post When You Can”