Sunday Superb Moments

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Sunday Superb Moments

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:31 am

We each have things happen that may not seem special to us, but to someone else, it would be superb.

Share our moments, thoughts and doing and let them inspire others.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday Superb Moments

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:52 am

Yesterday I questioned whether I was getting sick because my energy level was so low. As the day progressed I discovered I have a summer cold. A sore throat, runny nose, and sinus headache made their appearances. I got up during the night and took a dose of Nyquil which means I feel drugged this morning.

I have feed the kids breakfast and had DGD7 round up the things she wanted to take home with her. DH and DS10 will attend church this morning but I am staying home.
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:47 am

Good morning, LadyM. Hope you're feeling better as the day goes on. I got up about 6:40am, thinking I beat dh (so he could use the bed for part of his exercises). Guess I slept through his getting up and exercising. He and dsonil have gone to the flea market. When he gets back he and a friend have to winterize a camper. Me? I had been getting ready for church but have ended up with a 'killer' headache and upset stomach. Seems like a migraine to me. I'm not going anywhere for a while. We have dh's company picnic later this afternoon. Hoping this wanes by then. Especially since he still can't drive. Won't be able to for another 3 weeks or so. So far I haven't had a 'superb' moment, but as soon as this headache eases, then I can start on 'superb'.

Other friends invited us over to their place this afternoon. He had his company picnic yesterday and had 75 dozen clams left over. But we should be gone. They did say they'd save dh a few so he can try using the fat free spray butter on them to see how they taste to him. He's got a 'tentative' order in for clams for next Sunday's clambake here, but not sure he can eat them without the butter. Thus the 'trying' of the spray kind.

Back to closing my eyes...……..
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:16 am

Oh my! I hope both DeeClutter and LadyM feel better soon!

"may not seem special, but..." makes me think of ... ..our dgs7 won a children's fishing tournament at the Outer Banks (an ocean shore area). He won a very nice embroidered ballcap sized for his age, and matching tee-shirt. Lots of photos taken of him holding very small fish to document! ToddlerC explains that she did not win anything and still had a good time :) , so ... .. that may not seem like much, but!

I'm home from rehearsal and picking up my bowl of scuppernongs I'm taking to a potluck after church.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:36 am

Okay, Harruet, what is/are
scuppernongs
?

Think headache is starting to ease a little bit. Just checked for when I last took t ylenol -not even 3 hours yet. Seems like way more than that. Sipping some p epsi to see if the caffeine helps.

Editing: Ok, had to look it up for my inquiring mind: (& anyone else's)
Noun: a silvery amber-green variety of muscadine grape.
the vine bearing this fruit, grown in the southern U.S.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:36 am

I also had to look up scuppernongs. I've never heard of it. If I had a "Learn something new" card like Kathryn does then I could mark it complete today. :D

DGD7 has been launched to her home.

DH and DS10 have been launched to church. DH asked if I wanted him to bring me something home to eat for lunch and I told him yes. But I didn't have the mental capability of telling him what I wanted to eat. I just told him to bring me something to eat with no bread and no sugar. Who knows what I'll end up with! I do like surprises so I'll be happy with whatever it is.

I got DS10 registered with the Oklahoma Homeschool Band. I sent email to the band instructors telling them DS10 choice of instruments (Percussion & bells) and that we wanted to purchase the instruments and book through them. I have no knowledge of band cost and doings since none of our kids participated (isn't offered at small schools). So far nothing seems outrageous. I suspect it is low cost compared to other programs, but I have nothing to compare it to. Registration was $25. Band instrument purchase is $150. Monthly band fee is $40. I don't know how much the required book cost yet but the required music sheets are free to download from their website. There are no uniforms to purchase. I don't know about cost yet for the other things. So basically about $200 to get started then $40 a month.

DS10 private piano lessons are $10 a week for 30 minutes. So that also comes out to about $40 a month fee. Both music lesson fees seem very reasonable. But again....I have nothing to compare them to.

I am working the daily SHE cards VERY SLOWLY. I do one or two then sit back down. Hopefully, I can continue this pace throughout the day. I'm going to feel bad regardless of whether I spent the whole day in bed or accomplish things. At least I can feel pleased with my day if I get a few things done while also giving my body time to rest and kick these summer cold germs out.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:06 pm

I am making progress on open house prep. Did kitchen stuff, did some on key drawer, had h cover drip pans with foil, and washer twins are needing attn. now. Dishwasher has been emptied. I need to do the dailies and then floors. H. Has one outside task still to do. Things are coming along not perfect but steady forward progress is being made.

A cougar cub had been spotted between us and the river 2 - 3 mi. From us that might explaint why there are days the ddog will not walk. I thought maybe the badger was back. Okay my break is done I need to get back to it.

Waving to all.

It is supposed to rain today. Used the exercise bike before I put it in the back bedroom.
Key drawer is done. H took apart the bench that was wobbly, and pruned the bush in front, I got the bed staged, floors are done. Pant pant pant,
this is all I am doing we are done if it is not good enough tough.

Taking a breather waiting for the floors to dry. Then will nuke lunch.
Note to self no more Sunday open houses only 1-2v30 on Sat. After this.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Just posting to make Lucylee feel better. She often thinks she's the last one to start her day. I'm here to tell her that today, at almost 2 p.m., I've done nothing and am still in my bathrobe. If she isn't 'on the go' yet today, I can assure her that she is not alone.

If she is 'on the go', then I may offer solace to another slow moving SHE.

Or I may only be a bad example.

BTW: I am not sick. I do not have a cold. I do not have a headache. I'm just in full-on slug-mode.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Honestly did not think about that being an unusual word! Scuppernongs are cultivated here. Older homeplaces often have a tiny arbor. My dear uncle babied his two small arbors. They are prized when found growing wild, though. They're large for grapes, and perfectly ball-shaped, giving the impression of the "aggie" type marbles, and that silvery-gold coloring is pretty, like little Christmas ornaments.

They were very well received at the potluck, even though they are the most difficult to eat of all the grapes, IMO. (large seeds, thick skinned) I had almost none to bring home, and they were a conversation piece, with everyone having a scuppernong story.

Pianist made a strange mistake today :? playing the second hymn when we were supposed to be singing the first. But the words worked with the tune, and there was nothing to do but to go ahead, because there was no stopping her. She realized it later, and kept up a whisper conversation with me afterward, about whether we now could sing the OTHER song to the OTHER tune if she tried to redeem herself and not make a big deal of it during service. I thought we could, too, and we did. A few people came up to us with some half-formed questions later, and she admitted to the mistake, of course, but for the most part we got away with it and didn't have to stop the singing or do anything too disruptive.

I wonder if Cantors ever have this problem at Temple?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:34 pm

I'm pleased with my progress and a bit surprised how the cards are being completed considering I'm spending most of my time binge-watching Youtube videos. I watched a dozen videos or so by a lady who walks 6 miles inside her home every day. I am a bit fascinated by that accomplishment - how does a person walk 14K steps inside her home every day without any treadmill? Now my binge watching has turned to Hutterites. I'm a bit fascinated because I don't understand how they live that way.

I rarely watch TV. This past week I canceled my subscription with Hulu. I had already canceled my subscription with Netflix. I grew weary of them because I couldn't find anything I wanted to watch. However, it seems YouTube has an endless amount of things to watch that fascinate me.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”