Sunday Superb Moments

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Sunday Superb Moments

Postby lucylee » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:00 pm

Not a really "superb" Sunday, but not a bad Sunday, either. Dmom sounds like she is doing well, and I managed to get my nap in and still keep dgd for a couple hours for ddil to take dgs to a birthday party.

No time to really post properly -- but I did want to say I love what you said yesterday about "make one decision each day" in the project area, LadyM! That is very encouraging to me. Kinda goes along with what I think blessed shared from Flylady Kat's videos -- do one thing in the zone. That is doable. Or at least, it certainly SOUNDS like it SHOULD be.

Also appreciate all of you sharing your various methods of handling all this.

OH -- and I was also inspired by today's video about the lady who walks inside her home, LadyM! Thanks for sharing!

I have to run right now, but hopefully will bbl!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:44 pm

We went two several parks and I walked the dog. I was relieved it is over. Made dinner and got the kitchen reclaimed. Cool and rainy this afternoon. We really needed it. Two couples came to the open house. Realtor said it looked nice. :mrgreen:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:29 pm

I'm just getting here today. I slept in late this a.m. after our "big night" out. Couldn't wait to get out of there when the show ended. Lucylee it was LoCash? Are you familiar? I feel like a grouchy old woman but it was too long, didn't know any of the music, blah blah blah. [Read: complaints]

Dh and I went to the local market to get honey for dd - she needed some of the straws to send to some of the college kids in a Rosh Hashanah box, so we walked around and got those. We were barely home long enough to eat a snack and we rushed off to see "Crazy Rich Asians" movie - not the best movie I've ever seen but I'm trying to do more stuff with dh on the weekends. Tonight he went to a Jewish federation event and I begged off. He complained that he has to explain where I am but that's just too bad. There was a day when I had to be at those events and I don't now.

I need to do some planning for this week. I say that every Sunday, don't I?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:51 pm

Twins -- Hi! No... I don't know LoCash either. I googled them though, looks like they're up for Duo of the Year? That probably clinches it for me -- that they would be too "current" for my listening habits. LOL -- no one I listen to gets any mention at the country music awards anymore. I do like most of Carrie Underwood's stuff, Brad Paisley, and of course, my main man, George Strait. ;) But honestly, if I'm not listening to bluegrass, I'm listening to "Willie's Roadhouse" on XM satellite radio, and there, the big names are still Loretta Lynn, Faron Young, Roger Miller, Ernest Tubb, Merle Haggard... you know -- I'm still lost in the 60s and 70s.

I thought that movie looked good -- Crazy Rich Asians. And dh wanted to go to a movie tomorrow night. Then he agreed to play golf tomorrow afternoon, and dh is only good for about one "event" a day. But I bet he would want to see Mission Impossible if we went out. I'd like that too, but I don't expect to be seeing anything this week.

I have a crazy busy week/ten days ahead.
Tomorrow -- drug store for dmom and deliver rx to her
Tuesday -- birthday dinner for me, but honestly, I am not excited and they are coming here (my option) for pizza, so I'll think I have to vacuum/dust beforehand. Ha! I am NOT polishing the back door again, though. :P
Wednesday -- dmom to dentist -- I figure this will be approx 3 hours, b/c the dentist is just across town from the ass't living facility... unlike...
Thursday -- dmom to neurologist -- which I figure will take a good 4 hours at least, b/c it is approx 30 minutes to get dmom, then backtrack 30 minutes to my Tiny Town, then another 30 minutes to the doctor. Sheesh. And in the midst of this, we have to pick up dgs at school, b/c ddil is taking dgd to the rheumatologist in Big City and ds will be out of town. Until Monday evening! DH will probably pick him up if we are not back in town by then, and it will work out fine, but still... another responsibility to keep in my mind.
Friday -- MAYBE we get a chance to breathe... and then
Saturday -- Atlanta for football... War Eagle and all that...
Sunday -- church, etc.
Monday -- Labor Day -- community picnic, annual event we always go to
Tuesday -- dmom to foot doctor
Wednesday -- dmom to home
Thursday -- breathe? But I am not hopeful, b/c dmom will probably have much that needs doing as she gets back into her routine and I will be unavailable for the weekend b/c...
Friday -- football weekend, first of four in a row... pick up dgs at school, which has me very concerned b/c I'm afraid he will be missing his once a week time with the resource teacher -- ds says it does not matter, there are 36 weeks of school and we are not picking him up early 36 times. Can't talk to dh about leaving later, he is very firm on the time we MUST depart to miss traffic in Big City... sigh... (DGS says another child in his class goes to the resource teacher on Mondays; I am hopeful he can make up his day if he misses on Fridays. Sigh. I know what all of your opinions are on all this, but it is what it is, and until ds/ddil put their foot down and say he cannot go with us, I am letting dh plan these trips as he wishes. As we learned last year, might not be able to do this forever.)
Saturday -- football weekend
Sunday -- church, etc.

No wonder I'm exhausted and crazy! :!: Now that I've seen it all written down, you know what I'd like for my birthday? I'd like for to check in to the hotel in Next-Next Town, which is in walking distance of one of our favorite theaters, and maybe spend a week there, just watching movies and ordering room service.

I'm so glad your realtor was complimentary of the house, Nancy! Good to get affirmation that all your hard work has paid off!
Ooohhh -- that is very good, if the dogs are aware of the cougar and stay close to home. Good warning system for the humans in their care!

YouTube... LadyM -- dgs LOVES YouTube. I wish he did not watch so much of it. He loves all the videos about space exploration and all that, but he also comes up with random facts he gets there like the one he blessed me with in the check-out line at the 7-11 the other night. "Do you know what is in peanut butter? Cock roach hair and bug legs. Little tiny bits of it." He also is a walking encyclopedia of the most dangerous cities in the USA/the world.
Also -- (((BIG HUGS))) for you, and I hope you feel sooo much better tomorrow... and (((BIG HUGS))) for your precious dgd in having to let the puppy go. So sad. And soooo soooo good that she has YOU in her life.
DS gives private guitar/banjo lessons for 30 min/week for $50 a month, so you're getting a pretty good price so far as I know. I am curious about how much piano lessons cost here, b/c I think dgs would probably love to take them in a couple years maybe. Some start at his age, but I started at 8, and I suspect it would be better for him to wait a little while.
Also, he is in science club at $10/week -- new thing this school year -- AND he takes art, at $10/week too -- so there's a limit to how far ds/ddil can extend themselves.

I am (somewhat) familiar with scuppernongs, Harriet, and my paternal grandparents did have a little grape arbor. I don't know if they grew scuppernongs, but they did have muscadines.

Kathryn, thanks for the reassurance that others have "full-on slug" days too! I was up early today, as usual on Sundays, but I slept HARD after church from around 11:30-1:30, when dgd arrived. And even then, I just watched videos with her on the tablet and phone.

Dee -- I hope you feel better soon, too!

Congratulations to your little fisherman, Harriet!

I'm going to walk inside my house -- hope you all have a magnificent Monday!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:06 am

I have wiped down the inside of the fridge one task I did not get to, today and I forgot to dust the tv stand in the basement so will got to it tomorrow,
trying to put stuff back where we can find it Rx and cleaning supplies, and throw rugs.

Return to “Post When You Can”