Move it Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Move it Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:22 pm

LOL Nancy! I'm afraid the fire alarm would go off if I cleaned the oven. :lol: Speaking of which, I need to do it sometime. :shock:

Remember the scuppernong arbor mentioned in Gone with the Wind?

I am stalling out, need to leave soon to (hopefully) go meet this gal.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:36 pm

It is too rainy to go out to declutter the shop and shed today. I am so excited I got ideas for spot treatment on carpet listening to h watch u tube on how to clean car carpet. It worked! i used windex and 409 type product awesome orsnge for the one dollar store. I had tried to get it out before with just the awesome arrange unsuccessfully. This time I got it wet first the put the stuff on it used a cloth it came right out the. Towel blotted it.

Took a nap.

Wipe out the oven now that it is cooled down. It looks better too.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:05 pm

Harriet...abt the woman who walks 6 miles a day...I use my glider to do that instead. The week before I was feeling bad I was able to get an average of 16k steps in a day. I usually watch tv including Perry while on it and I now use it while I read. I can bet in 3 miles in an hour if I stay focused and two when inread.

My pedometer and my step counted on my gazelle stay within 200 steps of each other so I’m pretty confident of my count. I’ve had my gazelle for at least 12 years and bet I have more than 10k miles on it by now. I love it because it’s easy to do and doesn’t take up much space and I average 3-4 miles when I’m on the phone with my mom, sometimes more depending on how long we talk.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:48 pm

It is a beautiful, bright sunshiny day here. For the first time in weeks the smoke and ugly haze from the fires in British Columbia have lifted.

Nancy, adding to what others have said...your house looks very attractive and appealing. Good luck with the sale.

lucylee, I'm sorry, but we will be sports enemies on Saturday. After that game, I will root for Auburn, but not against UW. We're a whole pack of Huskies here! :D

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Totally understand, Kitty. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone! I delivered a bag of stuff that needed decluttered, Rx needles to the vets office near here.
h dropped stuff off at the 2nd hand store as well today. So more progress hard to believe we are still hauling stuff out of here. So much storage makes it more of a challenge to declutter, you know that is the thing with basements!

They had a late load h had to go back to work. I spiffed up the kitchen.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:00 pm

Ramblin', all best wishes to you at the gastro doc's. It was LadyM who found videos of a lady who walks 6 miles in her home, and I think finds a way to benefit a charity through that. I need to put our gazelle to better use, as you do. Because of the grandkids we took it upstairs near HRH's office rather than the more convenient downstairs, and it's never been as well used since. (HRH once saw a little foot go down between pedal and machine and panicked that children could get hurt - he may be right.)

Harmony, although ds and ddil were able to move out when their house was finished, dstepson and dstepdil are now living there to build up their savings for a house, too. Each of the 2 boys has paid all utilities while living there, made all repairs except the HVAC work we had done while ds was there. If dd38 wants it, it belongs to her and she knows that, but we as a family need to use it well until then and keep someone with "eyes on it". She agreed there was no one she'd want there more than dstepson. I wish and hope she and dsonil could decide to move home soon.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:34 pm

Home from a long day being in town. We attempted to do homeschool lessons while we weren't in the dentist chair, but that was pretty well a BUST. DS10 finished one worksheet and read one page in that time. There is a valid reason we do school work in a quiet environment with no distractions.

Dentist results =
0 cavities for DS10
1 root cavity for me (appt scheduled in October)
8 cavities for DH ...2 appointments scheduled with more to be scheduled when those 2 are done.

We went to Sam's and did list shopping for us and for the church. Our items came to $295 and the church items were $132. We laid 4 seats down in the SUV and everything fit easily. I do the self-checkout at Sam's because I like having a digital receipt. Even though I personally scanned each item and check the right price rang up, I was still a bit surprised at the total. The only thing extra we bought was a $5 watermelon. It adds up fast! I can't imagine what it would have been if I shopped without a list and just bought whatever.

We arrived home to part of the house is over 90 degrees. One of the a/c units isn't working. The main part of the house including the bedrooms is cool so I will wait until tomorrow to call for an HVAC repairman.

My pumpkin plants are taking a beating with the 100+ degree heat. I am watering them twice a day now and they are still wilting in between the watering. I need to set up the automatic watering system but that is too complicated for me to focus on right now. Hopefully, I can get it set up for the garden containers in the spring season.

I need to stop my break and go grade DS10's papers. He has been doing homeschool lessons since we arrived home.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:59 pm

I am pleased with what got done today, but not pleased with the amount. I have been dragging this evening and realize I need an early bedtime. This actually works out with the rest of the week anyway, since there will be some seriously early mornings. I'm believing that my energy level will increase as I move further away from the social pressures I was under yesterday.

Extra "it's not housework" things that had to be added in today:
scrambled to find dd19's old car booster seat to let ddil borrow (lol)
then she and dgs7 dropped by to return it so I got the report of first day at school :)
got bday gifts ordered for 2 of dd38's boys - many delays with that
made out a calendar to help HRH - also sympathized with DMV troubles
delegated insurance phone calls to HRH - also sympathized with those troubles!

Kathryn, I have enjoyed having millet often after hearing that Ken had millet for his breakfasts in Africa and realizing I had never tried it. I've learned I like it in more savory recipes, rather than for breakfast food, but it does have a comforting quality.

RunKitty, that's tough to go through haze for weeks - glad you are seeing clearer weather now.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:35 pm

Monday
decided to bypass going to yoga as I had a funeral to attend in the afternoon.
took a taxi there, and asked for a lift home.
Funeral was for an old friend with MH issues I met the second year I was in this town, back when we were both young mothers. Lots of love and memories shared at that celebration of life. She used well her final 2 mths knowing she was dying of a lung issue to do a life review with her family, and to organise her funeral.
Is that micro managing to the end?
A well loved woman who filled the hall to standing room around the edges.

Today
bus to taichi.
read a paper at the library. Local netballers won the grand final for 2nd year of their 2 year existence.
groceries.

Bin day today , so need to attend to that later.
headachey.

Had wanted to say to Nancy - I am so impressed with your home presentation. Hugs and prayers for the right buyer to appear soon.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”