Move it Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Move it Monday

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:41 am

Move it Monday is a great theme I need to keep moving to get stuff done this week. How about YOU?
H. Had a super early shift I got up just before him remembered I needed to close up the back of the coop as it was raining and did not wood to get any wetter on it. I got the last of the upper shelves wiped down on the fridge, still 2 drawers to do. Turned on the oven to clean it. With the cooler temps a great day for that. Got the tv stand downstairs dusted. My top three done yea me!

Dogs bath will wait til daylite at least.

Harriet

Re: Move it Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:51 am

Move it
Move it
Move it!

I am with you, Nancy. (Although your home is so organized, I can't imagine you have much to do!)

This will be a serious house-attention day for me, and tomorrow should be, too.

Houseguests arrive on Friday, needing 6 places to sleep, and the littlest one is even big enough to need a real space now, not just a make-shift spot. A re-think of our master bedroom and bath as "hotel room" is needed. Even though it's big enough, it needs a further simplify/declutter makeover. Thinking cap needed. We have a futon in there already for the two oldest boys and dd38 has purchased an air mattress but I don't know how large.

ToddlerC will be my companion on Wednesday and Thursday. So parts of my week won't work well toward getting ready. Also on Tuesday everyone is holding their breath that ds can get off work early. Should he have an emergency instead, I'm on call to take both children while ddil interviews a potential new nurse.

lucylee, I will say that you certainly do know in advance a lot of what is planned! My goodness. I'd like to see you work something out that allows your bday to include what/where/when that YOU like, in some way. Even if a picnic :) at least it could allow you to be "taken out" rather than be hostess.

LadyM, hoping you feel clear-headed and alert today.

Dee, how are you feeling?

BookSaver, great decluttering work you reported in that thread. Very cool. I'm sure you would inspire me this week, maybe I'll re-read, lol.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:07 am

Feeling much better today, Harriet. Thank you. Have no doubt it was a migraine yesterday and it lasted well into the afternoon. Guess I can be thankful that was all. But it did leave me feeling shaky and knew I'd been through something.

Have to take dh to the eye Dr's today so he can get his glasses. Then I have rehab this afternoon. Need to send 1 pair of capris back to A river on our way back from getting dh's glasses. Which reminds me I have to finish getting them ready and go to their site on the computer to do something.

Off I go to breakfast and meds. Rest of morning routine is done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:20 am

Good morning! I'm ready to move it too, energy is pretty good so far.

I'm supposed to have lunch with an acquaintance today - the older sister of two JR high school friends. She approached me on Facebook awhile back and we have somewhat connected. The friend I was closest with has passed away, possibly tragically from her statements. I asked for details and she indicated she would rather have lunch sometime when she was in town to talk, so we set it up. She also said obliquely that the other friend is "not doing well" so I don't know what that means. She seems kind of weird - a lot of Facebooking "vaguebooking" but I'm willing to spend a lunch seeing her. I sent her a facebook message last night and she hasn't responded, then I saw that she is staying in a cabin in the boonies and never gave me her phone number and doesn't have wifi so I hope she makes it for lunch. Possibly being stood up?

Either way, I need to get moving....
-walk the ddog
-breakfast and meds
-s2s
-sort and start laundry
-list for the week/day

And.....I found the "weekly action plan" pad that I use. Weird how not having it left me dead in the water....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:33 am

Good morning, villagers ~

Cuop a bit and found this gem from Harriet:
ToddlerC explains that she did not win anything and still had a good time :) , so ... .. that may not seem like much, but!

I think that is everything -- she's a sweetie! :D

I changed our routine yesterday by making lunch while DH was out for his daily hike. Normally we go out for lunch on Sundays. I worked at the library Saturday and wasn't in the mood for more people on Sunday. Found a bag of chicken burritos in the freezer, a layered dip in the fridge with refried beans/guacamole/cheese, and a jar of fresh salsa. Score! Double score for not having to put on makeup or style my hair. Triple score because I could stay in my housecleaning clothes and get back to chores right after eating. 8-) :lol:

Caught up dishes & laundry yesterday. Decluttering progress posted in that thread last night. An hour at the sewing machine was relaxing. I even had a little time over the weekend to read my funny chapter book for middle schoolers.

The library director will be back from vacation today. She's been gone for 11 days, the longest break she's had in forever. As far as I can tell, she didn't even pop in for a quick look-see, although she was probably dealing with Emails all along. Her in box is piled high with things only she is authorized to do, so I hope she got at least a little R&R to recharge her energy.

Speaking of work, I'd better go figure out what to pack for my snack break, and then keep moving.
Hope y'all have a good Monday.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:43 am

I woke up to the doorbell ringing at 6am. DGD7 was standing there waiting for me to open the front door. Oops. Usually, I am up before that time but my sleep pattern has been off since being sick. So I set 3 daily alarms - one to make sure I am up before DGD7 arrives, another alarm to remind me it is time to take her to school, and the 3rd alarm to remind me to pick her up from school.

We have 3 dentist appointments today (DH, DS10 and me). Each appointment is scheduled to last 1 hour so we will be there for 3 hours. When I schedule our next appointments I will make sure we do a better job of scheduling. DH and I use the same hygienist because she is AWESOME so there isn't any way to shorten those 2 one hour appointments but DS10 uses a different hygienist and he can be scheduled to be in the chair the same time DH is. I will spend one hour with the hygienist working on me and another hour with DS10 while he gets worked on. DS10 has never had a cavity but he gets anxious. He stays calm when I am with him.

I have totally convinced myself there is a LAW that says when you have a dental work done then you need to have a cold milkshake to make it feel better and reduce the swelling. So we will go have that after the appointments. I typically only have 2 milkshakes a year and today is one of them.

Homeschool is underway. Monday's are my least favorite homeschooling day.

28 cards completed
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:04 am

saying hello again but won't be here, I think, for most of the day again.
I drove a lot visiting family with d mom (far far away in a distant galaxy - sorry couldn't resist). :D

WISHING YOU ALL A BRILLIANT DAY! MAY IT BE ALL THAT YOU WANT IT TO BE!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:35 am

Good news the fire alarm did NOT go off when I did the clean oven feature!!! I am off to a good start this week yea. Moved the small plastic container out of the side board and to the top shelf of the linen closet. Got the last 2 drawers in the fridge wiped out. I still have to do the freezer above the fridge. S2s done. Did some drawing woke up with some ideas for my art journal did some of that. Journal is done. Qt x.

Has been raining so glad the West really needs this rain! Feels like fall now here.

I still have a container to sort. Decided to declare a try of papers I had stashed before the open house and did not have time to do till today.
There are more a boot box I need to get out of the basement in a bit it go through as well. With the realtor tour Wed. It is keeping me motivated to keep moving ahead with it. :mrgreen:

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:02 am

Morning...

My day will be slow and easy. Yesterday I was able to get most of the laundry done but not folded nor put away. My stomach was still not happy though I’m not sure what set this round off/. The only thing I ate differently was a peach on Friday. Had a really tough weekend after that.

I have three drs appointments this week including one with my gastroenterologist. Hope he will be able to help me without having to do surgery. Was doing pretty well till this weekend.

I lost four days last week due to migraines. Fortunately my home has stayed in pretty good order although I hope to remove the dust today before the camels decided to visit. Tomorrow I have an early morning dermatologist appointment. I have several places on my face I’m sure she’s gonna burn and I also have have a place on my upper chest that I’m concerned about.

Hope to start my purging this week. But right now am waiting to see if my stomach is gonna kick in. I’m down to drinking water again which gets old fast. Gonna work on folding laundry while watching Perry.

Did know about the grapes Harriet mentioned yesterday, but then again I’m a southern girl.

Waving to y’all..hi ho hi ho it’s off to fold laundry I go :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:11 am

Nancy, I can't believe you have anything left in your house to sort through after all your work!

Lucylee asked what system we used, and I am late getting back to that question, but I have never used cards. I have a household notebook with zones, routines, HGP and odds and ends in there like sizes of filters to change, etc. But really I rarely get that out to look at anything. My routines are automatic; doing the same things day in and day out is easy, I do things without thinking about it. Zones is where I fall short. I did get caught up on a lot of that when we did the chore bingo.

OH I think I have muscadines growing at the arbor. DH wanted grapes and it is too warm here for that but we do grow these. He bought a pot of "grapes" the tag said but they were withered and almost dead and died back to the ground then grew again and now we have a whole bunch of healthy vines started. I told him I thought they were muscadines because that's common in FL but we shall see. I don't like the ones with seeds in so I don't know what we'll do with them.

Harriet, don't you have your DMother's house empty again for houseguests? I thought the son(?) who was living there built his own house nearby or do I have your family mixed up?

I want to do a bit of work organizing a closet, 2 maybe, and 1 kitchen cabinet so I better move it along here.

Oh just remembered, LadyM I did watch that whole video of those people who live in community (name?) I'd never heard of them. Interesting. Salvation by works I guess. Comments were also interesting to read. The video ones were so sombre and I wondered if that was because they were being filmed, because in the comments people who knew groups like this said they were happy and talked together while eating, laughing, etc. Mixed feelings. But I did get sucked down the rabbit hole watching some videos that were along the side...

Return to “Post When You Can”