Toot Your Horn Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Toot Your Horn Tuesday

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:52 pm

Dee your tomato sandwich sounds so yummy!

I did a bit of research on u tube. Found needed info.

Picked up doggie poo in back yard and watered.
Sat in the sun a bit to warm up.

I cleaned up the out door kitchen area and swept the carport, and the hallway dining room & kitchen.
Heading down to work on laundry. Prep. For the realtor tour in the morning is underway now.
It is not to bad because I have tried to erase footprints yesterday and today as I went through with my stuff.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:20 pm

57 things is too ambitious.
I can only come up with 12 so far.
I’m a little depressed today. I don’t really like birthdays.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:29 pm

I went outside and painted part of the back deck. It was too hot to be working outside but otherwise, the timing was right. I needed a time to paint in front of the door when no little feet were not here to accidentally walk through the wet paint. Because I am painting when the time is available, it takes me forever to finish a painting project. I have been painting one of the back decks for weeks. I sit on the deck with a paintbrush in hand facing the swimming pool and paint while watching the kids swim. I use a garden hose to outline where they are allowed to walk to keep them off the wet paint but directly in front of the doorway needed to be done without anyone else here.

I am so thankful for a/c! It was 94F inside the house when it was repaired. Now the a/c has cooled the house down to 78F degrees. The cooler air feels like pure luxury!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:25 pm

My apartment smells of cologne. It is driving me nuts. It is not dissipating and its been almost an hour since I came home to the smell.

Had a nice dinner out with ds. Got very sad news on the way out, one of my "elevator friends" (a gentle soul who was very kind and supportive of my work for the residents) died suddenly last week. And alone. After not showing up for work for a few days, his boss came and was let in to find him. They say it was a massive heart attack.

After dinner we ran into the woman who let us know again and shared the elevator up with his work friends who are cleaning out the apartment. So I quickly changed and went to help. They were tired so we did one more load and I left my name and numbers so they can call on me on the weekend.

They asked that I send out a notice to the membership so that is done.

I now have a funeral to go to this week.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:09 pm

The children were with me for an hour today between Mommy and Daddy's surprise work schedules. I'm glad I can be here for them. Tomorrow child care starts in earnest for 2 days with Toddler C.

Ddil sat and talked a while. Her brother's wedding is this weekend. Ddil and ds will have their own 4 houseguests this weekend while we have our 6 - one is ddil's aunt, one a tiny tot for whom ds and ddil will care all weekend to help a member of the wedding party. Her dm will host on Friday at a rehearsal dinner in her own home. Ddil is making the salad course. Today as her dm returned from grocery she saw a notice on her door. Electric company says power will be out for 3 hours in early afternoon that very day. Oh. My. Goodness. And - surprise - forecast turned to rain. :shock: So ds' dmil-S needs all the good homemaking thoughts she can get. :|

Dd20 went by grocery on her way home. She had to make a specific trip for making/taking all her own lunches from now on, having realized she's very poor, especially since she's buying gas this semester, too.

We've been working together this evening. The front bathroom, laundry.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:40 pm

That is terrible about your dfriend, Kathryn! :cry:
Cologne... hmmm... Chipendale's convention...? (Ducking and running)

Oh. My. Goodness. is right, Harriet! Bless their hearts. Sending lots of good wishes and encouraging thoughts to your ddil and her dmom!

I am just amazed at how you manage to get so much done while watching little ones, LadyM! You are my hero!

I am just glad my "party" is over and all is calm again around here. It was all very nice; I'm just in a slump right now, feeling overwhelmed and exhausted and a little sad -- for no apparent reason. Dbil's girlfriend pointed out, "This IS temporary with your dmom, and at least you do still have her." (Her mother passed away some years ago after a 4 year battle with Alzheimer's. After that she lost her dad to cancer, and her husband -- to cancer? Heart attack? I can't remember. But she has definitely had a LOT to deal with as far as being the caregiver for a lot of people.)
Anyway, I just have to take each day as it comes and not let myself get ahead of myself ;) in my thinking. Planning is good, but not to the point that it makes a person crazy.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:44 pm

Happy birthday Lucylee and Harmony. Sending happy birthday vibes to Sherinjoy.

Lucylee - why not start with the 12. You have a year to amend the list, or change to take a month on each thing if that works better for you.
Best wishes with that . Remember if it was easy you would have done it already, and a miss of a new habit from time to time is not a failure.

Me - I'm not so good on the follow through. :roll: but maybe I could change too. I used to aim at doing the desired thing more regularly/often by years end.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:42 am

Yes, Lynlee, 12 is good. One a month. That is plenty for me.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”