Toot Your Horn Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Toot Your Horn Tuesday

Postby Sunny » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:40 am

Good morning everyone.

Happy Birthday Wishes to Harmony and Lucylee! ♥ ♥

I wanted to check in here early because recently in the late afternoon and early evening we've had thunderstorms billow up so quickly; I've had to unplug electronics.

Morning routine is done. We are now waiting for F Ex to deliver a new walker for dh. The PT nurse recommended this because the brakes on the one he had are not working properly. This was a hand me down given to us and they had already been replaced once before. The last time dh was in rehab they tried to order a new one for him, but Medicare will only provide a new one every five years. Anyway, if they come early enough we will go to vote afterwards; if not, we will wait until November for the main elections.

Proud Grandma News: Dgs16-C called us a few days ago to say that he is now a Life Scout. He is working to finish the badges and Eagle Project for his Eagle rank. I guess this would come under the heading of not meaning much to some, but it sure does to him and us! ;)

This afternoon I will do my mid-week cleaning just to make sure that the house is company ready. Dh has physical therapy tomorrow morning and I don't want to be rushed to finish up morning routines before she arrives at 10:30. I also have to balance checkbook and get ready for September bills. In the next week or so we also have to make a trip to the DMV to renew one of the car registration tags. Dh also has two doctor appts, one on the 4th and one the 10th; one of which needs blood work.

This is the time of the year when I am so over our summertime heat. I will welcome our cooler weather. Also I think the heat has been harder on dMinnie this year. She is 11 years old now and starting to show her age.

I need another cup of coffee, so I guess it's lunchtime up next. Have a good day, everyone!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:12 pm

waving Hi Sunny~~~ waving
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:19 pm

dd younger is taking d mom to her luncheon as she is confused a bit after this morning. cheerful but confused
Her friend is starting to loose her hearing; dd decided it is best that she goes as a middle person.

counters and stove top clean, sink clean, dishes emptied and and some refilled. Next paperwork 1 "
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:54 pm

Congratulations to Sunny's dgs!

I was reminded of the text art I used to try to manage.
Maybe since we have two birthdays, two layers ... ..
I think it's Red Velvet.

┈┈┈☆ ☆ ☆☆ ☆ ☆☆ ☆ ☆┈┈
┈┈╭┻┻┻┻┻┻┻┻┻╮┈┈
┈┈┃╱╲╱╲╱╲╱╲╱┃┈┈
┈╭┻━━━━━━━━━┻╮┈
┈┃╱╲╱╲╱╲╱╲╱╲╱┃┈
┈┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛┈

Now I know people say silly things like "no calories", but
let's get real. There's no such thing, so be sparing. We
don't KNOW that you could gain weight on this cake, but
there are absolutely no guarantees. So look away quickly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Good almost afternoon everyone! I had a successful weekend, taking an application for foster cat Chelsea and interest expressed in Briggs (though not very likely to pan out). Saturday, I was expecting a free evening because the x had arranged to take DD16 then. When he showed up at the usual time with her, I was livid, but did not show it. It wasn't nice of him to consider my time at his disposal before the divorce, it is even less acceptable now. I simply mentioned several times that it was a good thing I was actually in that night. It is a general pattern for him not to regard the plans of others. He prefers not to make concrete plans at all and be "spontaneous" about everything. That means no one around is allowed to have any plans ever, because he may "spontaneously" decide to do something. He rarely did, preferring to watch a lot of TV. Of course, if I had plans, THEN he wanted do so something else, generally expecting me to drop them at the last minute. The fact that I would not was a continuing irritant to him. I guess the other woman is willing to spend her life catering to his imagined spontaneity and watching a lot of TV. The x has now decided he wants to be gluten free too. He refuses to be tested (simple blood screening), but this way he gets to control everyone around him. He is worried that DD16 is going to get fat. Her doctor is concerned about her recent weight loss. So glad he is not my problem anymore. Wish he wasn't DD's problem.

I will likely be getting another cat soon, a 6yo male. I am hoping it will help get Briggs civilized again. He wasn't a big yowler until his brother died. Lat night, I finished crocheting a pair of baby combat booties, put away all but 3 shirts of a LOL, and put some stuff in the shed. September is around the corner so I need to have my Halloween cleaning plan in place.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out with DD, probably homework. The current zone is the LR and it is in dire need of attention. If I could make some progress on a sewing project that would help clear stuff out.

Happy birthday to Harmony and lucylee!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi!

Happy birthday Harmony and Lucylee!!

It's above 100F here with the humidity. It's also very windy.

That being said, I picked today to clean the oven. I also have 1 more shelf to clean in 2 separate fridges. Plus I have made some spider repellant "spray" but I didn't put it in a spray bottle, I am just wiping down some furniture with it.

We are having company this coming Saturday, so I wanted to do a bit extra. I did have a list of 10 things to get done in 10 (week)days and I have less than 4 things to go, including both those fridges still being on the list.

The dreaded island will most likely get finished at 5 on Friday. I still wanted to be able to get out to various knitting groups while I was doing this massive cleaning job-with-a-deadline.

Tonight's supper might be hot dogs and sausages with corn on the cob, but we are waiting for a phone call from our accountant regarding getting together one night this week and it might be tonight. More in MO.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:08 pm

I love the cake Harriet! Nice work!

I can't seem to stick with anything today, and I do need to get myself moving. I am going to set a timer and work until :15 before the TOTH. I used to have good results with that system sometimes.

I need to get out to the grocery for just a few things but I'm trying to push it off to tomorrow. Might have to run to close store later this afternoon?

Poof!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:10 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCYLEE!

I am happy to share my day with you. Thanks for the wishes! I think about Sherinjoy, wonder how she and others not here any more are doing.

Congratulations to Sunny's DGSon. What is he doing for a project?

Oh look at Harriet's cake! No you're right, a nice big piece even with ice cream! I like yellow cake with fudge icing! I also like pound cake with strawberries. Ah, what cake don't I like?!

Went in to church this morning to get the prayer cards and spent some time on that. Stopped at supermarket to get ahead some stuff I need for Sunday dinner. I've invited a couple friends who are only here for a short while and want to get together. I usually invite them here because she has a couple big skreeching birds and talking over at her house would be difficult.

Also a happy birthday call today from someone I don't usually talk with and we caught up on old news.

Twins, that does sound like an odd lunch. I'm glad she didn't stand you up since you hadn't been able to get in touch with her before. Isn't there an old song about "what goes on behind closed doors". Your post made me think of that.

Need to go get something accomplished around here. 1st up: clean out toaster. I lost something down inside and noticed all the crumbs inside!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Sunny - Congratulations to your DS16!

Harriet - I love the cake!

We had one of the best homeschool days ever. All lessons were completed by Noon. This is the goal but almost never happens. DH is taking DS10 and a friend fishing this afternoon (after piano lessons) to celebrate how hard DS10 worked on his lessons this morning.

I suspect DD new job didn't work out. All I know is DGD7 didn't come this morning and DD texted that we don't need to pick her up from school today.

DGS21 came and ate lunch with me today. He was excited about receiving new stencils for his BuJo and he wanted to show them to me.

DGS21 has now lost over 80lbs and is at his goal weight. He is starting to eat "normal" again. He wanted to talk with me today about his desire to lose another 10 lbs. He doesn't want to cross a line into weirdness with weight loss. I think that is a valid concern but I recognize the thought he put into this. I told him to go for it if he wanted to try it. I promised to nag him relentlessly if he gives any sign of becoming anorexia.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:19 pm

I have done some writing. Walked the dog. Had lunch. Laundry is ready to fold.

I was up at 4 today txt woke me, had a low. Delta w that. Napped midmorning.

Return to “Post When You Can”