Toot Your Horn Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Toot Your Horn Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:14 am

What have you done well today? Big or small.

I realized this morning that I was frustrated with myself because of things I didn't get to yesterday. And I found myself thinking about the things that I could have done better. That is hogwash! Instead of putting myself down for the things I didn't get done, I need to focus on what I did well.

Share your accomplishments!
Blow your own trumpet!
Toot your own horn!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Toot Your Horn Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:20 am

Happy Birthday, Harmony & LucyLee!!!

I'm also thinking of Sherinjoy today and hoping she checks in on her birthday.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:26 am

Our birthday twins/triplets! Wishing wonderful birthdays to Lucylee and Harmony.

Good morning! I need to get stuff done here at home today. Yesterday I had lunch with that woman and then went on to the library and went down the rabbit hole. Dh was out bowling in the evening so I had a lot of time to research.

The woman I had lunch with was the older sister of two guys that I was friends with in Jr High. She wanted to have lunch to tell me what had happened, particularly to the younger one that I was closer with - he died suddenly in 1979 - she said of insulin shock or something similar but I suspect something different, covered up, drugs or suicide. She doesn't know where the other brother is, or what he's doing now. They were both homosexuals she whispered just like that. So it was a weird lunch. I never realized (who would?) how dysfunctional their family was at the time - mother's affairs and violent father and all kinds of things. You just never know what goes on at other people's houses.

Today I need do things here and need to get crackin.
-walk the dog before the day gets hotter
-breakfast, meds and vitamins
-refill meds and vitamins
-water plants on the porches
-ck in with dh, I don't remember what his plans are this p.m.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:31 am

I came here to do just that: to wish our birthday twins a happy birthday! So.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HARMONY AND LUCYLEE. We always used to call you our board triplets when Sherinjoy posted. Hope you both have a wonderful day!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:38 am

Need to finish up my grocery list and head out early this afternoon to do that shopping. Also need to pick up some more thank you notes. Still have a few to write for our anniversary. Getting there, but not really able to hand write more than one in a day.

Here comes dh. Think it's almost time to turn on the AC. We've had the screen open for a while but it's beginning to get a little bit too warm in here. Dh pulled the chain out of the fantastic fan yesterday morning. DS-R is going to come over tonight to see if he can get it back in. Dh tried yesterday from our small step stool and then stumbled getting off it. :o

I have to take his new phone into A T & T later this morning to see if they can figure out what's happening with it. It runs the battery down in no time (can't find anything running in the background) and it's hot. He just got it new around the first part of August. It was a replacement phone for his Galaxy 6 and they 'gave' him a Galaxy 7 to replace it. It was doing the same darn thing! Grrr......
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:46 am

Happy birthday to those celebrating!

I got a basket loaded in the car, sniff sniff the puppets and barbies hare gone with a basket and Mary Englebrit stamps. H will be dropping those off for me. I wanted to donate them before the dog chewed them up while they were still in good shape, hoping they find a good home.Toys should be played with.
It is cold I considered turning on the heat. Then decided on a hoodie jacket.
Journal done. Next up start laundry.

Temps are mild here this week feels like fall.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:34 am

Morning...

Sending very merry birthday wishes to Harmony and Lucylee!!!

I’m off to the dermatologist this morning so I was up early to shower and get ready.

Stomach is doing better so I am gingerly drinking a cup of decaf. And since I will be out this mor I think I will stop at the mall and look for some short style boots. I’ve been wearing them for many years, long before they became fashionable and usually bought them at Kmart. Unfortunately all their stores have closed in my area. They were all I wore while teaching and the ones I have left are at least 8 years old. They still look pretty good but I think it’s time for new ones.

Got all my laundry done yesterday and a bit of dusting as well. Twins... I went down the rabbit hole for a little while and finally found a ancestor I’ve been searching for for quite a while. I knew where my maternal 4x gmother was buried, along with other family members and knew her fathers name but couldn’t confirm anything about him. Also discovered where my paternal great grandmother was buried... the name of the cemetery anyway, but not the physical place. At least I have a name to search. The church still exists so I guess I just need to call them.

Off to start my day. I hate going to the dermatologist only because I’m not allowed to use lotions before I go and my skin is very dry. I carry lotion with me and as soon as I get to my car I slather myself with it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:37 am

good for you d lady for seeing that thinking was hogwash!!!
I actually was just doing the same thing - stress started to build and what I need to do and what I should have been doing. crazy talk!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET LUCY AND SWEET HARMONY!!!

D Twins - it's true that you really don't know what happens in families. The secrets are hidden well. So hard on children.
have a good day as you get cracking!

D dee good morning to you! I haven't thought of Sherinjoy in awhile. I "think" she lived near me and was the one I dropped off a box of pam and peggy's cassettes tapes with. I "think"
have a good shopping afternoon

Good morning d nancy! I know it's so hard but I KNOW IT WILL BLESS SOMEONE ELSE. The joy you had will always be a great craft you tried. It leaves you to new adventures. Good for you!

d rose yay on your work done yesterday! I am glad your stomach is feeling better! good luck at dr. appointment!

hello to all and wishing you the best!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:00 am

Done with that round...dd also stopped by for a chat and I didn't get involved in her stuff.

Next:
-text dcousins and dkids about Saturday cookout here
-message favorite dcousin J about going to see dmom on Thursday
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper
-hang laundry to dry
-brush and floss, wash up
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:17 am

I know it isn't statistically significant but I still think it is so magical that we have so many double or even triple birthdays since we are a pretty small group.

I was out of the bedroom by 6:40 and baked biscuits and used the extra dough to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast this morning. My guests were really appreciative. They had picked up jam on their travels so I wanted something to put the jam on.

They are off for the rest of the day so the apartment is clean, tidy and I have nothing to do (I had booked off the time they are visiting so I was free if they wanted a guide but they are very independent and it is easier for them to go alone so they don't have to speak English (although their English is very good, Belgian French is their mother-tongue.)

Ds will come tonight for time with us since we are busy on his birthday tomorrow. I think he is too, going out with friends. Dd is away so it isn't as if we'd be able to have a family party for him anyway. We'll do something between the two birthdays and celebrate his and mine at the same time.

It is extremely hot here today so I'm enjoying my air-conditioned apartment.

Return to “Post When You Can”