Toot Your Horn Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Toot Your Horn Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:43 pm

Very productive 45 min, since then I've goofed off and had my lunch. Going to get garbage can in, get mail and run to grocery store.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:06 pm

Happy birthday, Harmony, and Sher -- wherever you are! -- and Harmony, I am also so happy that we are birthday twins!
And oh my, yes, thank you for the beautiful cake, Harriet, and all the nice wishes, everyone!

I am being an absolute and total, huge, SLUG today. I have pants (and a bra!) on, but I'm still in the shirt I slept in. :oops:
I washed dishes that had been in the sink since Sunday, though :oops: :oops: (only a small saucepan and two cups) and I plan to s/s the guest bath and maybe light a candle. Beyond that, houseguests will get what they get.

I am sorta feeling my age today... and thinking I really need to get myself together. I may make a list of 57 goals/habits to work on in my 57th year. Is that too ambitious? Flylady thinks we can establish 31 in 31 days, right? So 57 in 52 weeks? I've never had much success with Flylady's babysteps, but that is because some of them aren't really so important to me. So I'm thinking, maybe if I make a list of things that ARE important to me...? Hmmmm...

Sitting around in my sleep-t-shirt all day is NOT the way I want to spend my entire year, but I had a REALLY c r a p p y day yesterday, and I decided to just indulge myself today.
Last night improved a bit when dh took me to see Crazy Rich Asians. It was not the absolute greatest movie I have ever seen in my life, but I did like it very much and I will want to see the next two -- I think I read that it is based on the first of a trilogy of books?
DH's review: "The two best things about that movie were that (1) people didn't break out into song and dance for no reason and (2) it didn't have Meryl Streep or Julia Roberts in it."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
His face just FELL when I told him there would most likely be two more sequels, and he said, "Well, maybe they'll come out every year on your birthday."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But I really should go s2s, wash my hair, etc etc... Guest will be here in approx 3 hours. (It doesn't take that long to shower and wash my hair -- but I'm not making any progress at all so far!)
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:27 pm

focus on what I did well

That IS a great idea, LadyM. Unfortunately, aside from washing 3 items of dishes, I haven't done anything well today. SO FAR. That WILL change!

That was so sad about your dfriends' family, Twins. And you are so right. I suspect if we knew the truth, we'd never be envious of ANYONE, and given the opportunity to exchange problems with someone else, we'd all be satisfied to keep our own.

Dee, when you said that about not being able to hand write more than one thank you note a day -- my dmom has such a problem with her handwriting now. It makes me sad, b/c her handwriting used to be just BEAUTIFUL and now it is so shaky that when she signed dh's birthday card, it was almost illegible. :cry: She takes a pill that is supposed to help with tremor, but the later in the day it is, the worse her handwriting is.

We have such an interesting village... Dee needing AC and Nancy needing heat! 100 degrees for Cathy! Ooohhh... TOO hot!

(((LadyM))) for your dd and dgd, and you, as I know all this has to weigh heavily on your mind at times.
OTOH -- a BIG WTG to your dgs! 80 POUNDS! :shock: WOW.

AND a BIG WTG to Sunny's dgs!!!

Harmony, dh's very favorite cake is yellow cake with chocolate icing. I like just about any cake! But I definitely want buttercream icing, not whipped icing. I like the glaze-icing people sometimes add to angel food and chiffon cake, too.
Funny, yesterday I woke up thinking, I wish I had a maple chiffon cake... and wondering if there even IS such a thing and if I had ever eaten such a thing... and then yesterday when I was talking to dmom, she said how she hated to miss my "party" and she wished she were home and she "would bake me a maple-nut chiffon cake!" :shock: So yes, of course there is such a thing, she has baked me one before, and I have definitely eaten it! I told her she could bake one later. ;)

(((Elizabeth))) for having to deal with the x. (((Elizabeth's dd))) likewise.

And (((Blessed))) for your dmom. I know the confusion issues have to be troubling.

So glad your tummy troubles are improving, Rose!

You are definitely making up for your inactivity Sunday, Kathryn! Have a good visit with your friends, and I hope ds has a happy birthday tomorrow!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:29 pm

I printed a sample ballot and used it to research & decide on all the issues being voted on today. Then DH and I went to vote. It is super easy to vote in our little town. We were back home 7 minutes later.

I need to get myself moving again. The 100+F degree heat and limited a/c make it easy to talk myself into not doing much. We are on the HVAC guys lists to get repaired but we also told them it isn't our main a/c unit so we are not in emergency status.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:32 pm

LOL, Lucy, I have to laugh at your dh's reaction to the sequels!

Going again for 45 min at 4:30. For supper I have lamb chops and corn to grill and a tomato to slice with mozzarella and basil. Dh is on Weight Watchers so I'm trying to be cognizant.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:36 pm

hello - I forgot it was labor day weekend but was able to get some things going for us in Vail village. it will be interesting if we can places to eat etc. still checking things out.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:07 pm

HVAC fellas have come and gone. A/C is working again. We can't prove it, but we are highly suspicious that Sam (greyhound puppy) was the cause of the a/c problems.

DS10 announce they will provide fresh fish for dinner tonight. I have some hamburger patties ready in case the fishing doesn't go well.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:12 pm

LadyM, I can't believe it took you so little time to research your ballot and then go vote. I was all day with just my research. HaHa! Guppies for dinner!

I am watching some election news now. I don't know. I just don't know. We are having a lot of environmental problems in our state right now.

I've gotten nothing accomplished today. Several long phone conversations took up a good deal of time. We have made some tentative family plans; I will probably be hosting Thanksgiving and everyone will be here. I wasn't sure our family would all ever get together like this again.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:29 pm

d mom has regrouped. I think having dd younger with her has helped.

I wanted to say hi to all of you!!! hello!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:34 pm

Yes, LucyLee, I used to get excellent grades in 'penmanship' and I would spend hours printing out things for pen pals. My problem now is just the arthritis in my hands/fingers. Time does change things and most of all our bodies. :cry:

Fixed myself a tomato sandwich for lunch. Yum! Except for the fact that I managed to slice my thumb along with the tomato.

Been very windy here today. DD called a while ago and their table and umbrella on their deck was in a thousand pieces when dsonil got home (here at the campground). We'll take a ride around in a bit and see how many awnings were torn off. We lost power 4 times this afternoon. At least Dsonil doesn't leave their awning out while he's away.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”