Wednesday Working WITH

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Wednesday Working WITH

Postby Lynlee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:19 pm

re dogs and chewing wood
DD was telling someone at dm's bday party that they coated the chair legs with vick's vapor rub as an anti chew recipe. I'm not sure that you want to coat all the wood in the house though. :roll:
Have you looked up 'enrichment activities' for dogs? I've been lurking on a dog owner website and learning things I never knew when my ddog was alive. There are resources online for dog training. There may be more direct help there. dgd taught herself dog training online, beginning as a 9-10yo.
I knew someone else used to use ' dog off' - I think it was a spray to deter dogs. (she used it on his bandage)

sigh - I don't seem to be working with anyone, least of all myself.
At some stage I'll need to cooperate.

I have an hour to be ready to be otd for appointment.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:34 pm

WHAT A DAY.
:arrow: Woke up an hour or more earlier than I planned, with dentist office calling, wanting dmom to come in 40 min earlier. They had not allowed enough time for her fitting. Fine. That was not a problem.
:arrow: Got over there to get her, she was complaining about her foot -- swollen, red (around 2nd toe particularly), throbbing pain. So I called the doctor for her, but they wanted her there "by 11:30 NO LATER. And doctor will not be in tomorrow." But 11:30 was just not going to work, we'd already confirmed with the dentist office that we would be there and that was important too. Left message with doctor's nurse.
:arrow: Went to dentist... out of there a few minutes before noon... just a mile or so from doctor... so I suggested we just stop by there, since nurse had not called back and we knew they would be unavailable after lunch.
:arrow: Nurse was VERY rushed -- she was supposed to be meeting doctor for surgery in neighboring town in 15 MINUTES... but she looked at dmom's toe and agreed that dmom had a problem, and might need an antibiotic; she was glad we had come in so she could tell doctor she had seen her.
:arrow: Dmom back to ass't living, me back home (approx 30 min drive)
:arrow: Nurse called back about 3 1/2 hours later and said they were calling in an antibiotic and some pain medicine for dmom. So I had to make a second trip back to Next Town to deliver those.

:cry: Dmom's foot is a very depressing sight. Oh. My. Goodness. It DOES look SOME better. Maybe. I mean, the big toe is not pointing right at the pinky toe anymore, BUT it IS crowding on top of the second toe.
And of course, the OTHER foot is in just about as bad shape as this one was/is, and it is the one she had surgery on 5 years ago. I think if I were dmom, I'd just give up on my feet from this point on, and wear houseshoes and use my walker. And if she has to cut the sides out of the shoes she wears to town, so be it.
It is very discouraging.

She DID say she thought the dentist tech made some improvement on her lower denture. So there's that.

And TOMORROW --
DGS was supposed to be picked up at school by dh, since his dmom will be in Big City with dgd at doctor's appt, his ddad will be out of town, and I will be taking dmom to doctor in OTHER Next Town, 30 min in opposite direction from ass't living.
Well. Y'all know all about the best laid plans. DGS came home with 102 temp. He will likely see his doctor in the morning and then spend the day with dmom and me. Which maybe is not the greatest idea for dmom, but dh is not up to all-day duty either, and I am hoping that since dmom is on an antibiotic, she won't catch anything else.

To quote dmom (and the late June Carter Cash), life gets tedious sometimes, don't it?
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Hmmm... Vick's vapor rub on all your woodwork would certainly insure that no one had a stuffy nose or chest congestion in your house, LadyM. ;)

sigh - I don't seem to be working with anyone, least of all myself.

Well, since I seem to be heavily involved in the same project, maybe we could say WE are working together, Lynlee. :lol:

We had some unexpected (to me) thunderstorms today, Sunny. It made for good sleeping weather. This was during my 3-hour window of wait time between trips to take care of dmom's stuff.

(((Harriet))) I am so sorry for your disappointment re: the class! I think HRH had a great idea! You deserve a trip!
I am also just envious :mrgreen: re: ToddlerC's communication skills! I tried looking back here to see what dgs was saying at this age, but I couldn't find anything. Too broad search terms, I guess. She is 3 months shy of 3 years old, and basically says nothing understandable except "Uh-huh," "No," "Dada," "Mama," and "Nana." I don't think the doctor has shown any particular concern -- but possibly b/c the doctor is always so focused in on her arthritis. And ddil says there are other moms in juvenile arthritis discussion groups that talk about late-talkers as well, so it may be common. She seems very smart, and she obviously understands everything we say to her, AND as dh pointed out last night, she has no trouble making sure WE understand HER. DH said, "She gets whatever she wants, why talk?" But still... I can't help but be anxious.
I know... eventually I'll have the two of them screaming to be heard over each other, right? :)

Good for you and your small town neighbors, LadyM!
I always picture you living way out in the country, but it sounds like you are right in the middle of town, right? That is so nice, that there are still places where children can walk 3 or 4 blocks alone and know that friends are looking out for them all along the way. We live in Tiny Town, as I've said before, but I don't know if ddil would let dgs walk 4 blocks away if he were as old as LO. Of course, it's hard to say, b/c we are actually in the country, no sidewalks, houses are farther apart, and to get to the nearest store -- about a mile away -- we would have to cross a state highway, so we don't walk anywhere!

Nancy, good for you on weeding! I simply MUST do some kind of exercise TONIGHT. My first day of my new year. I must establish some new habits.

Waving to Twins -- Dee -- blessed -- Harmony -- EVERYONE!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:06 pm

I don't seem to be working with anyone, least of all myself.

:D Lynlee!

((lucylee and dgs, and dm))

In a flurry early-early tomorrow, ds will come by and help lift-move some things, help carry a couple larger things away (yay for declutter decisions). then he will borrow the new trailer and use it for a day, to take a bunch of tables to his dmilS's house (remember S?, she is hosting 50 for her ds' wedding rehearsal dinner and having to plan preparations around the loss of electricity that will happen for 3 hours that afternoon).

Next week sometime, the tables process will have to be reversed, but hey, that's next week when both our extended families have plans of being way too tired to care.

I owe ds $10 because of a silly delivery man who wouldn't take a 50 one day. (bank machine won't give anything BUT 50s any more, so this becomes a catch-22) He says he won't take repayment because he's still working off all that diapering I did in the '80s.

Dd20 burst into tears this evening after returning home at 9, so stressed out over homework, stressful classes, work hours that overlap classes. (school rule says they must not schedule any work during a class) I made her a sandwich and she studied in her room. I hope she felt a little better. I said, "don't cry" and she said, "it's just what my body is going to do right now". She plans to get up at 5 and get right back at it. (I'd better get to bed, then, hmmm... ..)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:30 am

I made a groc list out.
S2s happened.
Dinner was great made baked meatballs.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:44 am

Walked away the pounds 15 min
Put away a load of laundry
Got dmom’s meds ready for next week
My clothes ready for tomorrow