Wednesday Working WITH

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Wednesday Working WITH

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:25 am

Working WITH someone else isn't so easy, but it can make a big difference.

Today I'm working WITH a tiny granddaughter who has high expectations. Maybe we can teach each other something.

Sometimes we can find it easy to work with our family members. Sometimes we don't. :| (but housework done imperfectly still blesses our homes!)

Do you find it easy to delegate? Do you ever find that your helpers disappear before you can delegate? :)

Maybe you have had good luck with hiring others :idea: or trading/bartering work-favors with others?

How have you worked WITH someone and made progress around your home?

LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday Working WITH

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:55 am

Today I'll be working by myself while being surrounded by others. Each of us has our own system of getting things done. I use the SHE card method. DS10 and DGD7 use a daily check-off list that I print off for them. DH has his own method which is kept in his brain.

Today is DMIL 87th birthday. The extended family is gathering at her home to eat and sing to her. That celebration will take a 2-3 hour chunk of time out of my day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:03 am

Hmmm....."Working WITH". Guess I'm on my own today. Dh is off doing a winterization of one of the RV's (with a lot of help -he at least is working WITH someone else).

Some time ago someone here mentioned something about how they mopped around the toilet etc, in the bathroom. Of course I was going to try it and OF COURSE I've forgotten what that little tip was. Been wracking my brain. Anyone remember anything like that?

Been 'toying' with the idea of going to rehab soon instead of this afternoon. Trying to up my energy level to do that!

Editing: Ha! Found it! It was blessedw2. Put the word "toilet" in search and found it about 5 pages down:
[b]I put a swiffer (fluffy) duster on its holder wet it well and put my bleach water mixture on it and wash around the toilets/another around all the wall boards (behind toilet too) /another surfacely on the tile walls (very surface fast),
Think this sounds like a 'plan', Blessed. Will have to try it. I've been trying to think of something to get into all these places. Hard for me to do. I'd been looking for something smaller to do those areas. Thank you!
[/b]
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:39 am

While going off to sleep last night I half remembered that I have a massage appt today. I'm glad I woke up still remembering it. So I'll be off in a minutes....back later to be productive, I hope.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:23 am

I do squeeze it.
I use a regular toilet brush inside the toilet.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:26 am

I am so late coming in...realizing I have gotten my routines in trying to over-goal on other things. I shut down a bit.
back to routines

got last hotel for leaving. made mistake on flight. need money :shock: :lol:
need to call cards to say I will be in Colorado
breath in

first thing first morning routine
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:36 am

Good morning! I will not be working with anyone today. Not at payroll, not at home. I will be having dinner with a friend though.

Last night was homework at the library with DD16, which meant I was not able to do house stuff, but did finish and return a book. I realized the hard way I am out of migraine meds and reordered them. Fortunately, I have some post-surgical pain pills left. A quarter of one did the trick. Because that meant I had to deal with online transactions and checkbook entry, I did the immediate B&B. (Payday is Friday!) I was able to make an extra credit card payment because I have not spent much this month.

I am having a LOT of problems trying to figure out this sweater pattern. I cannot tell if I am making mistakes or they are (or both). Carpool was spent diagramming. I wanted to work on a baby hat (the pattern is a hard hat), but need to get yellow yarn.

I know how a cat can damage a TV, but how did LadyMaverick's puppy damage the AC. (If you are wondering, a long haired fluffmonster of a cat sitting on top of a TV sheds directly into its vents. Examination reveals melted parts. It's impressive. If the TV had lasted much longer, the x and I would have probably divorced more than a decade sooner.)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:33 am

Wondering if LM had puppy chew something.

Realtor prep. Happening thought I was done nope bc someone forgot to vacuum. :roll: I have time.
Will rest a bit then vacuum the living room, bedrooms are fine. Rest of the house is staged.

Qt & journaling is done.
I have a plan for dinner.
Need to brush t and h and wash face.

A bit irritated that I have to clean bc it is not really dirty here,
so I am trying to focus on things I overlooked or did not get done before Sun.

It is the hottest day so decided to wait on a store run.

I cannot go to the library bc they are not open due to remode. And restocking shelves. Maybe next week.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:04 pm

I rarely (if ever) have anyone to work with, though I consider my washer and dryer and my vacuum and sweeper and my dishwasher my helpers!

I have not done anything so far except desk chores and I did answer a letter to my cousin in Arizona and I did my end-of-the-month chores. So good progress even though none of this really shows.

Watching the news, up in Sunny's neck of the woods they have just rescued 2 whales (sandhead(?) whales) which they said look like Dolphins. I hope they survive.

I need to get busy in here. Looking a bit rough around the edges and the middles too!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:08 pm

I guess I am working WITH dmom? We are at the dentist — she is trying to learn to fit her lower dentures in now that she has the little studs that are supposed to help them stay in place.
She first left them in her room at asst living... fortunately I remembered before we got out of the building...
then she left them in the car when we came in hereat the dentist.
Sigh...

AND — can y’all believe THIS — the foot that has been operated on doesn’t look a whole lot better than it did before. And she is having a lot of pain still! We are waiting to hear from doctor for possibly a renewed rx for pain med, since she can’t see him until Tues.
I just told a couple of ladies at asst living, if she had bought this at the mall, she’d be taking it back and asking for a refund.

Come to think if it, she probably ought to get her $ back on these dentures too! They aren’t really doing her a lot of good.
This is very frustrating.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”