Busy Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Busy Thursday

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:18 pm

Seeing Katherine’s remarks about making muffins that last in the refrigerator for three weeks reminded me of a recipe that I have. The muffins are called Raleigh house blueberry muffins and I added the recipe in the recipe part of kitchen site.

I Love this recipe because I can make one or two muffins at a time and they are fresh. The mixture really does say well for 2 to 3 weeks. I am out of flour so looks like I’m going
to be making a trip to the grocery store. These are one of sweeties favorites.

Thanks Kathryn for the reminder. I’d forgotten about these muffins so I just went and pulled out the recipe and I’m sure sweetie will be eating some muffins in the next few days.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:47 pm

I have done things today, so I can't complain too much. Perhaps hasn't been what I expected but I've been marginally productive.

Ouch Kathryn! Take care of yourself, it sounds like you went down hard! ((Gentle hugs to you))

-ordered new work bowl for food processor
-someone coming tomorrow for estimate on washing windows
-someone coming next week for dishwasher repair
-lunch with dmom and d favorite cousin, and also saw Hospice nurse and got to check in with her
-napped
-worked on the RSVP list for Rosh Hashanah to see how many we have coming.... :shock:
-have worked on Evernote - I had over 200 notes in the inbox recently, and had gotten it down to 180, now I'm below 100 and still working

Dh is doing WW weigh in. I don't know what we'll do for supper. I ate a substantial dark choc snack this afternoon and now my tummy feels it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:10 pm

Ohhh Kathryn, I missed your collision post sounds like you’re going to be sore for a day or two take good care of yourself; lots of ice, Tylenol and something good to listen to.Feel better soon.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:42 pm

((((Kathryn))))) OUCH! Are you putting an ice pack on the swelled area? That sounds painful as well as upsetting for being hit.

If our church had a secretary they would take care of things. Since we don't I seem to be the one to do random things.
** I have sent a copy of church letter to a company. that is verifying the IRS tax status.
** Ordered 50 Bibles
** Processed request for Children program

I picked DGD7 up from school today. She will be here for the next 3 days. Maybe 4 days. DS10 has a friend here and they are being good but they are noisy. I can mostly ignore them and just monitor them through the noisiness.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Oh, LadyM, I don't think you're being naive at all -- I wasn't being critical in anyway with my musing on children and freedom, etc. Not at all! I think it sounds like you live in the absolute ideal place to be able to give DS10 enough freedom to build his confidence and he still knows he has something of a security net all around, if he should ever be out of your sight and need adult assistance.
DS here once walked home from school, a couple miles I guess, along the busy state highway with NO SIDEWALK -- b/c he couldn't find dh at school and thought dh had left! :shock: It was a day when I had taken off to go to a doctor's appt or something. It scared dh and me to death!!! DS was probably in middle school, and he actually refused a ride with a a friend who happened to see him walking along, a teacher/parent of one of the boys he had played ball with, b/c he said he thought he wasn't supposed to get in the car with someone. I'm pretty sure he knew she was his teammate's mom, though; it wasn't like she was a total stranger. Oh my goodness. We were sooo upset. I mean, this is a heavily trafficked road -- at that time it was a major route for logging trucks! * whew *
Also, when ds started playing JV football in 8th grade, I was so nervous, but dh said he was in more danger in the car coming home from school than he was on the football field. I'm sure statistically that is true.
Raising children isn't easy. That's the truth. :D

And Elizabeth... she may be saying more words than I give her credit for -- today, she said something -- full sentence, but I couldn't understand the words -- when it was time for dgs and me to leave. Yes, yes, I would LOVE a second opinion but apparently all her doctors just seem a lot more concerned with the arthritis than the vocabulary skills. I asked ddil today and she said the rheumatologist had nothing to say re: speech development (and ddil didn't ask. SIGH. ) DDIL and DS just think that she doesn't get much chance to talk because dgs keeps a steady commentary going practically 24/7. Of course, it may help a little now that he is in school during the day.
There is definitely a limit to what I can say or do as the grandma. I've been fussed at for overstepping my bounds before... so all I can do right now is just pray about it and trust that maybe when she starts preschool * hopefully in Dec or Jan * then either (1) more time with kids her age will bring her out and she will start talking OR (2) the preschool teachers will refer her for speech therapy.

I'm sure y'all all remember how frantic I was for dgs to talk. Oh my... tonight during and after supper, he gave dh and me a full review of the 45 presidents of the USA, marching in as they came to office, marching out as they left office, and falling to the ground for those who were assassinated or died in office.
I had said I would never complain about dgd NOT talking, after seeing how HE has made up for lost time... but I am beginning to think this is ridiculous.

Dmom's foot is still awfully red and swollen, but only the second toe causes any pain. Her neurologist today said the antibiotics should help, but "we can't make them work faster than they work." So -- even though he's not the foot doctor -- it was reassuring to her to see him and not have him call an ambulance b/c he suspected gangrene or anything!
It was a fairly long day -- picked up dgs around 11:00 and we were back home around 3:30, but I put a load of clothes in the washer and cooked supper and s/s the kitchen. Need to go do something with the wet clothes now...

(((Kathryn))) Oh my goodness! That DOES sound painful. Take it easy and pamper yourself for a few days!
A$$ over teakettle... that's a new expression for me... :lol:

Small town fairs... yes! We try to always go to ours and the one in Next Town. Theirs is in Sept but ours is not until Oct. DH was saying that seemed late to him, possibly will start having some cooler weather at night. It would be very strange indeed if it were uncomfortably cold by then, though. Should be good weather, actually.
I certainly hope all these college ballgames are at night through September... it certainly is not cool in south Alabama on a September afternoon.

Okay... those clothes aren't going to jump out of the washer on their own... I've given them EVERY opportunity. :P
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:13 pm

Stopped icing after about 90 minutes (was doing 20 min on, 20 off per paramedic.)

I lay down but can't sleep. I feel like my mind is buzzing as if I am high on caffeine. I put on my eye mask (luckily it isn't tight over the bump) to cut distractions but still no luck.

Dh kept checking on me and eventually asked about supper. I wasn't hungry from eating too much at lunch, so he had a frozen dinner and I cooked up a veggie stirfry since I had skipped veggies at lunch (french fries don't count in my book!)

We did go to the visitation and as long as I move painfully slowly and don't nod my head, I'm fine. If I move to fast, I get dizzy. I think I feel like I'm coming out of anesthetic. The expression woolly head fits right now.

Wrist is getting really sore so I obviously put that out to catch myself at some point. Didn't work. I also remember tucking my chin to my chest to try and stop my head from hitting.

I'm having decaf tea now and an orange (I'm eating things up from the veggie drawer tonight.)

I also remember the paramedic saying to have a bath tonight and to do stretches to try and short-circuit the muscle pain. I'll shower because my tub is very small and I'm not sure I can't get out of it tonight because my back is sore and my wrist is weak.

I did manage to get the dishwasher started so there are some dishes for dh to wash up but not much. The guest linens are in the dryer so I'll stay up until they are done. At least I didn't forget them in the washer. Of course, I walk past the guest room on the way to my room and the comforter is piled high on the bed so it was a good reminder.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:30 pm

I piddled with the garden while watching the 3 kids swim. The boys are good swimmers so I just need to monitor them from getting overconfident and try doing something stupid like jump off the house into the pool. DGD7 now swims in the deep end without any floaties. I keep my eyes on her because she isn't a good swimmer yet, but she tries to do everything the boys are doing.

DH cooked potatoes & ribs for dinner. It was wonderful.

Several friends have posted they have tested positive for B flu. This seems to be extra early. I thought flu season didn't happen until it got cold. Wrong. I just looked up the B flu symptoms....
fever.
chills.
sore throat.
coughing.
runny nose and sneezing.
fatigue.
muscle aches and body aches.
I had all those symptoms this week. It isn't a big stretch to think I had B flu. Although, I didn't get it confirmed by test at doctor office.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:54 pm

LadyM: aside from the bump on my head, I feel like I have the flu now.

Doubled checked and I don't have a workout tomorrow. I emailed my trainer and she said I didn't but I didn't believe her. I have an email saying I booked it but must have cancelled by accident when I cancelled last Friday.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:53 pm

(((Kathryn)))

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:48 pm

I need too put getnflu shot on my calender for next month.
I am a bit sore not sure from what from but I am sure it is nothing like what K in C is experiencing.

Return to “Post When You Can”